RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!

Just to go from brain hurt to something a tad silly..

New trailer for the upcoming Saints Row the Third..

SR - Syndication

Unsurprisingly they have Daniel Dae Kim back as the voice for Johnny Gat

No word yet on whether Eliza Dushku is voicing Shaundi once more, but I wouldn't be too surprised..

And apparently Sasha Grey is voicing one character this time around..

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

:D That looked pretty sweet. I heard that Saints Row 2 had a terrible PC port, is there a decent modding community for it though?

I quite enjoyed the pc port without too many difficulties.

Actually I'd say I had a lot more fun with SR2 then I did with GTAIV. But that could be purely personal preference for that silly fun rather then grim angst that GTAIV had.. :lol:

But no real clue on the modding community..

Edited by Raithe

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

http://www.eurogamer.net/videos/fifa-12-vi...ls-man-city-kit

Had to laugh at this trailer. Good comment on this being part of some elaborate way around the FFP regs :lol:

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

My trust was abused :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Bulletstorm sold poorly.

Pretty unsurprising tbh.

New IP, non-military, limited multiplayer - it never stood a chance.

The market has spoken, Bulletstorm was crap and reviewers were paid! :bang gavel:

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Screw that, they better still make a sequel because 1) it was the first shooter I bought in years and 2) the ridiculous cliffhanger ending.

No they won't because 1) It didn't sell 2) it was complete and utter crap (kind of like an ugly GOW with better storytelling)

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Screw that, they better still make a sequel because 1) it was the first shooter I bought in years and 2) the ridiculous cliffhanger ending.

No they won't because 1) It didn't sell 2) it was complete and utter crap (kind of like an ugly GOW with better storytelling)

:lol:

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

Painkiller sold well and they didn't make a sequel to that.

Which that, Painkiller or one of its sequels, Painkiller Overdose and Painkiller Resurrection (Battle out of Hell was only an expansion)?

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Which that, Painkiller or one of its sequels, Painkiller Overdose and Painkiller Resurrection (Battle out of Hell was only an expansion)?

Weren't Overdose and Resurrection just glorified fan mods?

Bulletstorm is a game I might have enjoyed if I was some 12 year old emotional hippy.

But I'm not.

That's roughly my take on the game, as well. I even tried the demo to make sure it wasn't just some sick joke being played on me.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

New levels, new cut scenes, new voice acting, new art assets, new fmv's, new story, new new stuff etc. Depends on what you regard as "fan mods". Is FO:NV a "fan mod" to FO3?

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Because they were bought out by Epic shortly after.

It's a wonder they had the time to release an expansion before working on a GoW PC.

New levels, new cut scenes, new voice acting, new art assets, new fmv's, new story, new new stuff etc. Depends on what you regard as "fan mods". Is FO:NV a "fan mod" to FO3?

Overdose did start out as a fan mod.

It was upgraded to stand-alone game after the work on it began.

The game was clearly good as it won critical acclaim, it simply was aimed at a audience that is no longer there.

It's hardly a first shooter to do badly, Vanquish and Shadows of the Damned bombed even worse. The only thing that saved Bulletstorm from being a similar disaster was good marketing campaign and the box-included GoW3 beta.

It's somewhat admirable that developers still haven't caught on that shooters need to be military-themed or are essentially dead.

If Epic really goes on to make another UT they will learn it the hard way.

It's somewhat admirable that developers still haven't caught on that shooters need to be military-themed or are essentially dead.

Is that true?

If so, depressing. Say goodbye to interesting shooters.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Is that true?

If so, depressing. Say goodbye to interesting shooters.

I dunno, Bioshock seems to be a fairly successful franchise, it's a pretty decent shooter even if it's ridiculously scripted.

Deus Ex Human Revolution seems like it'll be successful too given the massive Squeenix marketing and the generally positive impressions to the leak.

I'm actually surprised Bulletstorm was a bomb given the names behind it and the fairly juvenile attitude it had going. I guess multiplayer must be huge issue for gamers. I hope that doesn't result in more MP only focused games now though with SP getting the shaft.

Edited by ShadowScythe