The funny things thread part 3

Tale

That's not funny. That shopkeeper had balls of brass. Didn't ****ing hesitate just lamped in. :lol:

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Hm, apparently the soldier was on mid-tour leave, well according to Snopes.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Link sees to be broken. I'm assuming it's that drunk woman on the bus. Embarassing, but not funny. Nothing funny about the folks on the bus having to put up with deranged shouting.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

They arrested her for that, apparently. See this kind of stuff here, overhear or read people whining about not getting a job because they were "Canadian", etc. Does remind me of the English guy and the German teens in London, heh, he got pissed because they were speaking German to each other off to the side on a street.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

That's not funny that's just embarrassing..

Maybe we should open an extra "The embarrassing thread" then?

It wasn't a critique of you.. I'm glad you shared it otherwise I wouldn't have seen it, I was just appealed.

Fortune favors the bald.

They arrested her for that, apparently. See this kind of stuff here, overhear or read people whining about not getting a job because they were "Canadian", etc. Does remind me of the English guy and the German teens in London, heh, he got pissed because they were speaking German to each other off to the side on a street.

As if English teenagers spoke english.

-Elwood Blues

As if English teenagers spoke english.

... Does anything in England speak "English"?

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

Well, being a monarchy of course it is the queen's english. So presumably she does. Might not though. Probably bored of it by now. I imagine she spends as much time as possible just buzzing like a bluebottle.

-Elwood Blues

Arrested? for what?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Arrested? for what?

For being racially abusive. Although personally I think a simple offence of being uncouth would have done. :) You don't just harangue people on the bus.

-Elwood Blues

Did you never see the original Thomas Crown Affair? Steve McQueen and Faye Dunaway have one of the most seductive chess games you'll ever see... :thumbsup:

But for the funny..

I get so pissed off by the older generation.

When I grew up, we were force fed the idea that if we didn't want to be 'flipping burgers at McDonalds' then we better go to college.

And now, we've gone to college, have degrees, can't get a damn job, and the same people tell us we're entitled **** because we refuse to flip burgers!

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

When I grew up, we were force fed the idea that if we didn't want to be 'flipping burgers at McDonalds' then we better go to college.

And now, we've gone to college, have degrees, can't get a damn job, and the same people tell us we're entitled **** because we refuse to flip burgers!

:p 'Tis true.

-Elwood Blues

:grin: 'Tis true.

I didn't go to uni until I was like 22, I saw so many fresh faced 18 year old folks take mickey mouse degree's, and never really have a clue about what they wished to do with their life.

I think that is likely some part of the problem.

That and everyone thinks they're going to be superstar's. Idiots.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

I didn't know what the **** I wanted to do with my life as an undergrad. And frankly my degree has had little to do with any of my life skills. But I did use the time testing things and working out what I did want to do, and learning how to organise people. The latter did link to my studies, but if I hadn't been running around like a bluebottle actually practicing I'd have learned next to nothing.

Interestingly for me are all the folks I knew who worked very hard to get their degrees, got firsts, and then after about three years realised that the only thing they were good at was wimping out to authority. Then THEY went through a crisis of faith and collapsed by the way side. Or descended into a hollow piping world of office politics.

-Elwood Blues

Maybe trade schools will get more respect these days, they don't get as much as Universities here, heh.