Deus Ex 3

Rosbjerg

I recommend waiting for reviews. In my particular case, it's just the release date is very convenient for me. Also, buying the game immediately after its release deprives me of some pre-order privileges although most of them tend to be garbage. o:)

I'd like to hear what actual humans think before buying.

Well here, they'll love it. So pre-order the game now!

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Seriously, I have not heard any negativity from people who played it even from cranky old timers. I'm absolutely confident that the game will be fnv level of awesome.

Well, if there are any people in the world who will dislike it, we'll find them on this forum. o:)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Seriously, I have not heard any negativity from people who played it even from cranky old timers. I'm absolutely confident that the game will be fnv level of awesome.

Maybe the weaker bits weren't in the leak ? o:) But yeah looks like that bastard Dugas did a good job.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Question: How many cities do we get to visit?

According to wikipedia: The player will visit five cities over the course of the game, including Detroit, Shanghai and Montreal.

Detroit and Shanghai are both hubs, Montreal may or may not be a hub. I don't know what the other two are. People are assuming Philadelphia (if I remember correctly) is one of the cities because the concert art of the helicopter pilot apparently uses an image of it as the background.

Question: How many cities do we get to visit?

According to wikipedia: The player will visit five cities over the course of the game, including Detroit, Shanghai and Montreal.

Detroit and Shanghai are both hubs, Montreal may or may not be a hub. I don't know what the other two are. People are assuming Philadelphia (if I remember correctly) is one of the cities because the concert art of the helicopter pilot apparently uses an image of it as the background.

I see. So at least two hubs. Maybe the others are for missions only.

Great, a Canadian city. It'll be futuristic mediocrity.

Wasn't there something about the storyline will actually have you returning to cities/hubs you'd visited earlier in the game, so you'd be able to see how some of your choices had affected things...

I vaguely recall hearing something about that.

And then of course there's that great big circular sea-base thing you catch a glimpse of at the end of one of the cg trailers. So I'm thinking it's some hidden research area in the middle of the atlantic rather then a mcguffin buried in ice at the poles.. ;)

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Wasn't there something about the storyline will actually have you returning to cities/hubs you'd visited earlier in the game, so you'd be able to see how some of your choices had affected things...

That was the first deus ex! ;)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

That was the first deus ex! ;)

Yup, and I'm sure I heard a line from David Sarif on the "I know you didn't like shanghai but you've got to go back and deal with.." in one of the many trailers/behind the scenes /gameplay shows...

Huh, there's going to be localised real world ads in the game, bit late on noticing that fuss. Mind you, no 'official' word on that. I guess it adds to immersion or something.

Edited by Malcador

So the latest "facebook unlock" on the DEHR site is a behind the scenes look at how the pre-beta game testing goes.

And the new Behind 2027 - Audio

I know. They are always lame though, in game ads. They have written off doing something cool like the big screen blimp in Blade Runner by deciding to rent out ad space.

Yeah, they should sell those to real agencies. Ad space in games, a new form of revenue for the publisher (maybe now they will throw something the developers' way)

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif