Why no regrets or appologies?

I am just curious if obsidian are planning on making any kind of announcement on the HUGE amount of outrage that has come from from the community?

It would be nice to have some sort of feed back to all the requests and concerns that have been produced from the people who have purchased this game and also to know what their plans are for fixing these issues that have been brought to light?

At the moment its just ppl speculating on what MIGHT get fixed and how, it would be nice to know what is ACTUALLY going to get done for us with some kind of time line...

Edited by FaceGoober

I am just curious if obsidian are planning on making any kind of announcement on the HUGE amount of outrage that has come from from the community?

It would be horrible if Obsidian would do that since most of the complaints are completely incoherent nonsense resulting from obtuse and imperceptive mentality..

It would be like 98% of scientists apologizing for the creationism outrage because 56% of people are indoctrinated into thinking that primitive scribblings of goat herders a couple of thousand years ago is more valuable than empirical knowledge.

Oooookay, they put that out on the 16th of june.... the release date...with no mention of PS3 OR XBOX..... OR any mention about fixing the things the entire community has been complaining about which is the MP issues...

please don't put something as stupid as that up and think ur being smart...

The games been out for 9 days and there is just MASSES of complaints about the MP and me, yourself , and hundreds of other people wnt to know what they plan to do...

Edited by FaceGoober

Apologize for what? There are very few things in the gaming industry that companies should be apologetic for; and that mostly involves putting forward a completely unplayable piece of... Whatever (Or Fable: The Journey preview)

And multiplayer isn't unplayable; people just like complaining over complementing.

Edited by Chasted

Predicting a time line for a patch would be pretty stupid. There's no way telling how much time it will take them to fix/balance issues. Saying something like "it's going to be out in two weeks" and when it isn't, would only create more rage.

Hate the living, love the dead.

Predicting a time line for a patch would be pretty stupid. There's no way telling how much time it will take them to fix/balance issues. Saying something like "it's going to be out in two weeks" and when it isn't, would only create more rage.

Well they could just say ' we are currently working on...' or 'we are planning to make the following changes...' if they at least gave some sort of reply it would calm down a lot of the rage IMO because ppl would at least know their working on something for us and the constant complaints about MP would calm down...

At the moment its just like their ignoring everyone and dont plan to fix or change anything...

I don't know why the hell you guys are trolling on this.... in essence all im asking for is some feedbak from them with what their plans are to address the complaints that have been coming up in regards to the multi player and there is ALOT of them...

Edited by FaceGoober

please don't put something as stupid as that up and think ur being smart...
You wanted an announcement, there was one.

You wanted feedback, there is that too.

They said they are working on a patch. For controls yes, which was an issue for many too.

'Sides, I'm not the one expecting an apology.

Edited by Oner

I want an apology from every one from the Dungeon Siege III team.

Because of you guys, I'm ignoring my backlog and doing another run as Katarina. Will also try the last two characters.

So please apologize to me, because my backlog feels hurt.

I want an apology from every one from the Dungeon Siege III team.

Because of you guys, I'm ignoring my backlog and doing another run as Katarina. Will also try the last two characters.

Yes, Obsidian should also apologize to all other game developers because since I got Dungeon Siege 3 I haven't been playing or thinking of buying other games.

I just bought Divinity 2 but I'm not touching it until I've had my fill of Dungeon Siege 3. I demand an apology and a t-shirt from Obsidian.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

The "huge backlash" is what we call in my home country "a storm in a glass of water."

I want an apology from all the haters for filling the forums with the same **** over and over again. I think we should just create one big "Bitch here" thread which the rest of us can safely ignore.

I am HUGE

:)

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

I want an apology because Obsidian hasn't made any lush DLC yet.

Oh wait they're too busy fixing issues for all the crybabies?

Sod it then, I want an apology from the crybabies instead for delaying my precious DLC that I'll get charged for...

Edited by Unreal Warfare

The "huge backlash" is what we call in my home country "a storm in a glass of water."

I want an apology from all the haters for filling the forums with the same **** over and over again. I think we should just create one big "Bitch here" thread which the rest of us can safely ignore.

Eh, I'm not particularly happy with my purchase, but I'm waiting for patches. They've said they're working on them and we'll see what comes of it. It's very very difficult to pry a refund out of Steam (officially they don't allow it but you can stop payment and have your bank decide, which I have done twice, and won both times). I think a lot of complaints are legitimate, if delivered in a... less than helpful fashion. Its as much of my fault for not reading up on all the news approaching the release because after experiencing the quirky co-op limitations, the broken PC controls, and the shared MP camera issue I discovered they were fairly well documented (MP co-op modes outlined months before I pre-ordered).

I'd call the general feel around the game partial disgruntlement, not an outrage. My wild speculation from limited browsing of the forums is a fairly even divide down people who drop in here to share their opinions.

Patches take time, and I have other games. I'm actually really enjoying the Steam ports of Dungeon Siege and Dungeon Siege II while I wait.

Theyn don't anyone apolpogies. If/when I buy the game and if I absolutely hate it and rate it a 0 they would still owe me no apology. You paid for the game, you eceived the game. Suckm it up, and move on. Not the end of the world, dude, not the end of the world.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I bought this game expecting to be bored by the lack of story and banal combat and give up about a third into the game.

Imagine my outrage when I had to actually control my character in combat! Imagine the cold lump in my chest as it dawned upon me that the game had a compelling enough story to make me not only play it through once, but start over as another character! (And characters with more than one dimension?! You spit in our faces, Obsidian!)

Is this what the Dungeon Siege franchise has come to?! It's supposed to be a tech-demo for streaming levels, not a game dammit! DS3 didn't even have to courtesy to wipe my saves, something DS2 had perfected to a fine art.

The only positive thing about this travesty is that the controls can be bothersome at times. I may have to play the game in co-op before I think I actually got my money's worth from a Dungeon Siege game.

PS. On a more serious note, the

dead mule

was positively fabulous along with the whole town of Stonebridge with its

Gents, Baron Barrenbarons and feral cats

I bought this game expecting to be bored by the lack of story and banal combat and give up about a third into the game.

Imagine my outrage when I had to actually control my character in combat! Imagine the cold lump in my chest as it dawned upon me that the game had a compelling enough story to make me not only play it through once, but start over as another character! (And characters with more than one dimension?! You spit in our faces, Obsidian!)

Is this what the Dungeon Siege franchise has come to?! It's supposed to be a tech-demo for streaming levels, not a game dammit! DS3 didn't even have to courtesy to wipe my saves, something DS2 had perfected to a fine art.

The only positive thing about this travesty is that the controls can be bothersome at times. I may have to play the game in co-op before I think I actually got my money's worth from a Dungeon Siege game.

dead mule

:lol:

One of the funniest moments in the game involves a magical locked door you need to find a password for. While you can find the password in a hidden room, you MUST try guessing the password for some hilarious references to the first game.

dead mule

:lol:

One of the funniest moments in the game involves a magical locked door you need to find a password for. While you can find the password in a hidden room, you MUST try guessing the password for some hilarious references to the first game.

I don't get the Phrak Attack. What is that referenced to?