This is a console game ;(

Yea, I am 100% done buying and playing console games. I own a $3000.00 computer and would love to actually play a game for once that utilizes my machine. Instead companies insist on making games for $200.00 consoles. I am not forking over $50.00 for a game that was made for a console and will last me a whole 2 weeks on my computer. When you people wanna make a real game, say like Diablo 3, or something even close to that let me know. To anyone reading and owns a pc, make a stand and stop buying console games untill companies realize thier **** isnt going to sell untill they start making games for the pc again. I remember back in the days when PC games were the best and top notch. Now 99% are just console **** games. >_<

" I remember back in the days when PC games were the best and top notch. "

You apparantly don't remember crpapy PC games like DS, ES series, DTU, POR2, etc., etc.

PC games were NEVER the 'best' (or the 'worst').

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

" I remember back in the days when PC games were the best and top notch. "

You apparantly don't remember crpapy PC games like DS, ES series, DTU, POR2, etc., etc.

PC games were NEVER the 'best' (or the 'worst').

I think the point he was making is its dumbed down and not up to the older standards of the better PC games,I've to agree I would say DS3 is the worst of the bunch(I finally completed the game) ,it seems to be going like DA2 which again is another dumbed down game and far below DA or any good PC game.

What's sad is when people try to defend games like this that are way below PC standards :lol:.

Nonsense. PC games aren't inherently better than console games. Most OPC games are crap. It's really that simple. The classic awesome PC games are the minority. Always have been always will be.

P.S. DA2 is just as good as DA1. If you think otherwise you are wrong.

P.S.2. DS3 is likely better than DS1 depsite DS1 being a PC game. LMAO

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Eventually consoles will come out with a "new version" with much upgraded hardware...I try to look at it this way: it means the PC I built will last me a lot longer, gaming wise, than it used to. :lol:

The controller vs. keypad thing isn't going to go away I think, however. There are games that I haven't minded the way things worked in that regard (like Overlord was fine on kb)...just depends how it's done per game, for me.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

What's sad is when people try to defend games like this that are way below PC standards :lol:.

Nothing sad about it. I (among others) didn't have issues with the camera - yeah, sometimes it closed up on the nose of the character, just dodge around till it shifts-, neither with controls. Yes, they're not perfect, pose problems for some people (left handed, etc), but otherwise, people just go and spend more energy complaining about it than getting used to them.

Not flawless but perfectly playable. And really fun.

Nonsense. PC games aren't inherently better than console games. Most OPC games are crap. It's really that simple. The classic awesome PC games are the minority. Always have been always will be.

P.S. DA2 is just as good as DA1. If you think otherwise you are wrong.

P.S.2. DS3 is likely better than DS1 depsite DS1 being a PC game. LMAO

I guess you missed all the DA2 threads about how bad it was over at Bioware Forums especially in the first few months,yes I replied in more then a few of those threads and finished DA2 as well, again nowhere near as good as DA IHMO.

Comparing DA to DA3 are really different games,DS3 is so different in so many areas I would not even call it DS3,its not really a Dungeon Siege game at all.

There are still a few good PC games around ie The Witcher 2.

As long a PC gamers stand up and give constructive feedback to game developers there's always a chance of a decent game next time round.

Edited by Mem

Yea, I am 100% done buying and playing console games. I own a $3000.00 computer and would love to actually play a game for once that utilizes my machine. Instead companies insist on making games for $200.00 consoles. I am not forking over $50.00 for a game that was made for a console and will last me a whole 2 weeks on my computer. When you people wanna make a real game, say like Diablo 3, or something even close to that let me know. To anyone reading and owns a pc, make a stand and stop buying console games untill companies realize thier **** isnt going to sell untill they start making games for the pc again. I remember back in the days when PC games were the best and top notch. Now 99% are just console **** games. :lol:

I agree, the consoles has old hardware, the games on a console are lookin like real crap to me, thats why I never gonna use a pain in the ass console.

Edited by seville57

Console games are easier, faster and cheaper to develop than pc games, because you already have a set hardware and tools to work with it. Pc is just another minority platform now. Easier to make a console title and adapt it to pc than the other way arround.

Next, rpgs are getting simplified mostly I think because of costs. This genre has the least "bang for the buck", because it requires a ton of potentialy useless s**t to be in it simply for the atmosphere and choices and the feel of the game. Plus the market for it is not that wide, in fact it seems crpgs are becoming a niche thing.

I think there's less and less people who can afford a 3k$ machine for just playing games, too. So people rather buy a 500$ console that's functionally a multimedia centre and have the guarantee that everything will work fine for years to come (untill the next generation at least).

I can say for myself I'm actually very surprised and happy that I can run pretty much anything with my 5 year old pc, and don't even need to use minimum settings, just because the high end pampering stopped. Then I think back and see that about at the same time the ps3 came out, which was half the price of my pc, and for it 5-6 years is normal.

Pc is just another minority platform now.

:)

it is not because the pc games are bad sold in boxes than the PC is a minority ... Just look at the sale of such STEAM and the million people play to WoW or other MMO on PC

Edited by looping