PC Demo - Post your impressions.

Did you like the PC demo?  

122 members have voted

1. 1. What were your thoughts?

• Loved it.
    • Good, but needs some tweaking.
    • Meh, didn't enjoy it.
    • Epic Fail.

And now lets compare a first person shooter with a game that is played in birds eye view!

FO3/ FONV are rpg's, not fps. FO3/FONV use dx9...

Crysis 2 also uses DX9.. or have they finally released the patch that uses newer versions?

And now lets compare a first person shooter with a game that is played in birds eye view!

C2B tried to say DS3 was technically better then FO3/NV.

Also C2B, my problem with DS3 was character models and textures, not environment and lighting.

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

FO3 looks 100x better than ds3

anyone else here share this opinion? :ermm:

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

C2B tried to say DS3 was technically better then FO3/NV.

Also C2B, my problem with DS3 was character models and textures, not environment and lighting.

Posting a blurry picture isn't really..... that good a comparison and taken from an offical screenshot where we don't know the source/settings. And still textures are better overall in DSIII which is also why I posted that enviroment comparison

his sword is missing detail... other than that, pretty good for an xbox game

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

FO3 looks 100x better than ds3

anyone else here share this opinion? :ermm:

Not me. The graphics have different strengths and weaknesses. DS3 being an action RPG with a fairly distant viewing camera doesn't show as well when zoomed in but it looks just fine and better in many respects than FO3 when not. A better comparison would be DA2 or Sacred2 both of which I think it compares favorably to.

I tried the demo last night and here are my impressions. Let me first say that I absolutely adore Obsidian and have bought all their games. I just bought Fallout: New Vegas....

1) Story - eh what story. There's been an attack, you must find out who did this and what is this about people (npcs) having Legion (pure) blood? I thought we did this once - in reality....

2)

Graphics, or rather art design, not that great, mediocre at best. And who decided to motion cap human heads and then put them on cartoonish characters?

3)

The characters themselves look sort of unfinished or unpolished, and lije they were cut of cardboard paper or something. Not trying to be harsh here, but I do think so. I'm no graphics whore, but still characters need to be beliveable in the world. They're not - this is partly because

4) the voiceacting. Lucas' voice is way to solemn and boring without any intonation whatsoever. Same goes for other characters.

5) The controls for pc are just -ahem - horrible and terrible. Maybe with a gamepad in the real game, it will get better. I often found myself dying because of the controls, especially since you apparently can't target the enemies you want. Very annoying.

6) I could overlook the controls issues, if the story was great. It doesn't seem to be.

Please support http://www.maternityworldwide.org/ - and save a mother giving birth to a child.

Please support, Andrew Bub, the gamerdad - at http://gamingwithchildren.com/

still not sure how you can judge the game's story without playing the game through to the end.

Walsingham said:

still not sure how you can judge the game's story without playing the game through to the end.

You don't need to reach the end IMO, but you do need to see more then the prologue to make a judgement. However he stated it doesn't seem to be.

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

However he stated it doesn't seem to be.

that's the point, how do people come to this conclusion after seeing only two events. MotB's story isn't stellar in the beginning either. to tell you the truth I was bored out of my mind while playing it, it became a lot better when I began gathering the pieces of the puzzle together, but the last act is of course on where everything happens.

by analogy, I don't expect to know enough about DSIII's story until I reach the last portion of the game. that's not to say MotB and DSIII are similar games, the pacing and the delivery are different, I'd think. but still, it "seemed" to be bad judging by 3 conversations? come on

Walsingham said:

I thought the story was immediately more engaging than anything I remember from DS1 and 2. The writing was better by far, and the characters you meet actually had a little personality.

Rose tinted glasses, I suppose.

From the sound of it a gamepad is highly recommended.

I don't get why PC gamers suddenly decided that controllers other than M&K are unworthy of their time. Alternate controllers used to be a staple of any PC gamer's setup and besides, gamepads are a user interface like any other. You don't refuse to use a steering wheel for your racing games on the principle of the thing, do you?

Lots of games are designed to control better on a specific controller, and they're better for it.

Are you seriously going to tell us that? I did not spend money on a really nice pc so I could buy a stupid game pad to play a game on it. This is what Consoles are for. This is not or should not be the mentality of any Moderator or the developers here. If this is the best they could do then don

those of us that love RPG PC

this is not a PC RPG. seriously, man, wth were you thinking?

Walsingham said:

Exactly, thats why I cancelled my Pre-Order. This game is insulting trying to pass itself off as an RPG game.

I think sorophx point was more directed to the "pc"?

/Edit: Btw. I just checked out my Dungeon Siege 1 again and I can't say it's much of an rpg either.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Exactly, thats why I cancelled my Pre-Order. This game is insulting trying to pass itself off as an RPG game.

Agreed, it is very insulting. Its going to be fun to see the reactions at release, lmao.

This game is insulting trying to pass itself off as an RPG game.

I don't think they ever tried to pass it as one, though. I knew from the start they were making a console slasher with emphasis on co-op :)

Walsingham said:

My impressions of DS3 are this.

I have never had a sequel pull the rug out from under me like this one did. I went from loving the series and being excited for this game and what it could be...to being so completely turned off and dejected because I knew the series was over and that I would never play another "new" DS game again....in a matter of 15 minutes.

Im well aware of this being a new company and all of the console hype, but still....as a fan of Dungeon Siege, this game sucked ass.

Those are my impressions.

I think I have to redefine my understanding of what "bad ports" are completly. Considering I've played PC exclusives that were way worse....

You've feck all clue what a port is anyways.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

I think I have to redefine my understanding of what "bad ports" are completly. Considering I've played PC exclusives that were way worse....

You've feck all clue what a port is anyways.

Technically? Yup.