RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!

Sorry, but a name alone won't sell a game.

I dunno about that, works for CoD, Halo, etc.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

The CoD and Halo fanboys probably never heard of the Duke.

True, was being nitpicky. I guess this is LP on a boring Sunday material for me.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Didn't liked the new movie and if the game shall be based on the new movie, I'll feel uninterested as well.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Prey 2 trailer

Day 1 purchase.

Looks nothing like Prey. I'm no fan of Prey, so I won't hold that against it.

It actually looks precisely like what I've been wanting for a few years now. A space opera/sci-fi/space western bounty hunter game with gadgets that's not Star Wars.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

lol. Forgot all about this pos. Was thinking oh what XCOM?

meh.

Soon every game in every franchise wil be a gripping tactical shooter set in middle america.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

A space opera/sci-fi/space western bounty hunter game with gadgets that's not Star Wars.

what about Stranger's Wrath? it qualifies, somewhat, I think

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

A space opera/sci-fi/space western bounty hunter game with gadgets that's not Star Wars.

I actually have that on Steam, but haven't gotten around to it. I've heard negative things about the porting.

lol. Forgot all about this pos. Was thinking oh what XCOM?

meh.

Soon every game in every franchise wil be a gripping tactical shooter set in middle america.

With a (near) 50's style.

I actually have that on Steam, but haven't gotten around to it. I've heard negative things about the porting.

What about Mace Griffin Bounty Hunter?

What about Mace Griffin Bounty Hunter?

Barely remembered its existence. Would probably be impossible to find now, but next time I'm near a second hand video store, I'll keep an eye out.

Prey 2 trailer

Day 1 purchase.

That actually looks like something I'd grab day one as well. Didn't play the first Prey, but this one looks like it plays a lot like Brink, meaning a parkour heavy shooter.

I'm going to need better directions than "the secret lair."

-==(UDIC)==-

Perfect Dark Zero?

Too much Doom, not enough Hitman. And not nearly enough space. Correct me if I'm wrong.

And an understanding of spaghetti western themes would be a plus.

Perfect Dark Zero?

Too much Doom, not enough Hitman. And absolutely zero space.

I could swear there was a Moonraker-like level in PDZ, but maybe I'm confusing with NOLF.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Perfect Dark Zero?

Too much Doom, not enough Hitman. And absolutely zero space.

I could swear there was a Moonraker-like level in PDZ, but maybe I'm confusing with NOLF.

You could well be right. I've only played a single level of it.

I just have this fantasy of a game where you break into people's homes and spaceships with your jetpack to arrest them.