main difference between russia and usa

obyknven

US is a very backwards country.

US has Silicon Valley, MIT, Harvard etc.

yeah this is why NASA is buying Russian rocket engines made in 60's, being unable to even copy 50 years old technology.

Assuming they are, this would be something called capitalism. You may have heard of it.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I probably shouldn't be taking this seriously, but the main difference between Russia and USA:

2010 Per Capita Gross Domestic Product (in 2010 USD):

Russia: $15,900

United States: $47,400

Still all being trolled, how sad.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I probably shouldn't be taking this seriously, but the main difference between Russia and USA:

yeah U.S. economical power: 14 % manufactured goods and 75 % speculation.

e617be2d758a.jpg

Edited by obyknven

I noticed a piece on graft in the paper at work. The Danish brewery Carlsberg apparently has admitted to greasing the wheels to gain a foothold in the Chinese market, but wouldn't say exactly how much, and obviously couldn't say to whom or where. How do you put that on your tax return anyway, don't you have to declare it.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

but, the ascendancy of China is undeniable. Ten years ago Dalai Lama was successfully bringing attention to the problems of his displaced people, he was everything the west wanted an 'Arafat-like entity to be. Peace and harmony, willing to negotiate etc. Now he's toxic. No one in office takes the meeting out of fear of being shunned from the Chinese market.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

I wouldn't be too optimistic about China. Their real estate bubble could burst anytime now. Their GDP growth is also not defined by quality, but by quantity. All they do is building cities and apartments for people who can't afford living in it, resulting into ghost towns.

China needs to stop keeping their own currency artificially low and start selling their own products to their own people.

I wouldn't be too optimistic about China. Their real estate bubble could burst anytime now. Their GDP growth is also not defined by quality, but by quantity. All they do is building cities and apartments for people who can't afford living in it, resulting into ghost towns.

China needs to stop keeping their own currency artificially low and start selling their own products to their own people.

Chinese leadership would probably privately agree with that last sentence, but there really isn't a path for them to do so without taking a pretty enormous hit to their productivity. It may take another year or three to play out, but something will trigger a crisis that sticks (say, for example, an report on the internal financials of a Chinese bank that actually approaches being honest).

China can make statements about shrinking their dollar position all they want, but they're still caught in a vise brought on by their own mercantilist policies. 21st Century mercantilism doesn't work too well when you're getting paid in a fiat currency that your primary market controls the price of. (It doesn't even work over the long term when you control the price of the currency you're getting paid in-- Eurozone expansion was basically a mercantilist play by Germany and France, and they're just starting to catch the blowback from it now.)

The dollar is somewhat screwed. But, currency-wise, there's still nothing out there that is likely to be as safe or safer over the next decade or two. The U.S. doesn't need it to be a good option-- we just need it to be the least-bad option.

Also, @Gorgon, I don't know about Danish law, but in the States, the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act makes any payment of foreign bribes illegal.

The plural of swine is swine.

3856828826_4602b414c7.jpg

Have you seen Kyle?

Edited by Nightshape

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

China's rise is over-hyped. I would like to remind everybody that the world still consists of strong entities all over - Brazil, Egypt, Turkey, Indonesia, Latin America as a whole, India, South-East Asia as a whole, even Russia, the EU, Japan, South Korea, Australia, the other Commonwealths, America... and I'm sure there's a few countries in Africa that are relevant - maybe South Africa, Morocco, Nigeria.

We're leaving an era of American dominance, certainly, but we're not entering an era of Chinese dominance because so many other countries are rising strongly at the same time, while existing power-players will remain strong.

Production goes where wages are the lowest. If you invest heavily in education though, you (a country) can be even richer than before all the manual labour jobs went overseas.

Not really. Production goes to countries with highest productivity per dollar. Otherwise all factories should have already moved to Vietnam or India where wages are about 1/3 to 1/2 that of China's.

Now that the USA is BANKRUPT, & dollar is like TOILET PAPER.

IMO status of US dollar as the global reserve currency has more to do with U.S's position as the underwriter of global security than its economic might. So no, as long as U.S. continue to spend more on military than rest of the world combined there's little chance US dollar will be replaced. Just think U.S dollar as a way weaker states pay tributes to the U.S. to maintain a stable international order.

I feel the ghost town story has been overblown. China is in the process of rapid urbanization. Two things can happen at this stage of development, either you don't plan for urbanization and get slums mushrooming everywhere or you plan and preemptively build new urban areas.

China obviously has chose the second option (the first option will likely to be too socially destabilizing for the Communist party ). As with any form of economic planning, inefficiency will be introduced, brand new apartments will stay empty for years. But in the long run given China still have 600-700 million rural people, the fundamental demand is there.

Even if the Chinese real estate bubble bursts it's not necessarily a bad thing. Such an event will be the greatest program of wealth transfer in human history, from the rich (property developers and speculators) and the powerful (state-owned banks) to the poor and disadvantaged (people who can't afford an apartment prior to the crisis).

IMO status of US dollar as the global reserve currency has more to do with U.S's position as the underwriter of global security than its economic might. So no, as long as U.S. continue to spend more on military than rest of the world combined there's little chance US dollar will be replaced. Just think U.S dollar as a way weaker states pay tributes to the U.S. to maintain a stable international order.

"US" dollar is in fact nothing more than worthless scraps of paper.

http://bankofamericasuck.com/

Russians aren't as fat as Americans, that's the main difference.

Well that's maybe because the average American can't afford some natural food in the first place.

Hmm...

You're not even good at trolling anymore.

10-son-i-am-disappoint.gif