Libya

Walsingham

Here's some background on the reasons for US involvement, presenting both sides of the issue: http://news.yahoo.com/s/thenation/20110330...henation/159570

This is probably the only time I link to someone like Hayden or the Nation.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Henry Kissinger said it already some 40 years ago: "Power is the ultimate aphrodisiac." Of course the best way to dwell in power is to play some a game of Realpolitik.

Let me make this clear: None of the leaders who support Gadaffi nor those who is against him cares about the wellbeing of the citizens in Libya. Humanitarian organizations do however, like doctors without borders or amnesty. But who cares about them? What divisions do they have? What strategic element do they bring to the geopolitic area? None! i tell you. None.

That sounds ridiculously simplistic, mate. People in power are also people. Or they can be. You don't get shoved in a dishumanising machine when you arrive.

Yes, it has weird effects on people, but to assume all power is innately evil robs the good and powerful of support, and excuses the truly evil. So you'll forgive me for not agreeing with you.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

The NWO global conspirators manifest their agenda through the skillful manipulation of human emotions, especially fear.

The technique is as follows: Illuminati strategists create the Problem- by funding , assembling, and training an "opposition" group to stimulate turmoil in an established political power (sovereign country, region, continent, etc.) that they wish to impinge upon and thus create opposing factions in a conflict that the Illuminati themselves maneuvered into existence. In recent decades, so called "opposition" groups are usually identified in the media as 'freedom fighters' or 'liberators' (like KLA-Kosovo Liberation Army).

At the same time, the leader of the established political power where the conflict is being orchestrated is demonized and, on cue, referred to as 'another Stalin' (take your pick: Saddam Hussein, Milosevic, Kadaffi, etc.). The 'freedom fighters' are not infrequently assembled from a local criminal element (i.e. KLA, drug traffickers). In the spirit of true Machiavellian deceit, the same NWO strategists are equally involved in covertly arming and advising the leader of the established power as well (the Illuminati always profits from any armed conflict by loaning money, arming, and supplying all parties involved in a war).

The conflict is drawn to the world stage by the controlled media outlets with a barrage of photos and video tape reports of horrific and bloody atrocities suffered by innocent civilians. The cry goes up "Something has to be done!" And That is the desired Reaction.

The NWO puppeteers then provide the Solution by sending in UN 'Peace Keepers' (Bosnia) or a UN 'Coalition Force' (Gulf War) or NATO Bombers and then ground troops (Kosovo). Once installed, the 'peace keepers' never leave (Bosnia, Kosovo). The idea is to have NWO controlled ground troops in all major countries or strategic areas where significant resistance to the New World Order takeover is likely to be encountered.

The local, sovereign military force is either defeated (i.e. Yugoslavia) or, as in the case of the United States itself, replaced by foreign UN "Partnership For Peace" (PFP) troops who take over the jobs of US soldiers who have been sent overseas on 'peacekeeping' missions.

The corporate portion of the NWO pyramid seems to be dominated by international bankers and the big pharmaceutical cartels, as well as other major multinational corporations. The Royal Family of England, namely Queen Elizabeth II and the House of Windsor, (who are, in fact, descendants of the German arm of European Royalty -the Saxe-Coburg-Gotha family-changed the name to Windsor in 1914 ), are high level players, along with the British oligarchy which controls the upper strata of the Illuminati. The decision making Illuminati nerve centers of this effort are in the London (especially the City of London), Basel Switzerland, and Brussels (NATO headquarters).

The United Nations, along with all the agencies working under the UN umbrella, such as the World Health Organization (WHO), are full time players in this scheme. Similarly, NATO is a military tool of the NWO.

The leaders of all major industrial countries like the United States, England, Germany, Italy, Australia, New Zealand, etc. (E.g. members of the "G7/G8" ) are active and fully cooperative participants in this conspiracy. In this century, the degree of control exerted by the Illuminati has advanced to the point that only certain hand-picked individuals, who are groomed and selected by the Illuminati are even eligible to become the prime minister or president of countries like England, Germany, or The United States. It didn't matter whether Bill Clinton or Bob Dole won the Presidency in 1996, the results would have been the same (except maybe for Zipper Gate ). Both men are playing on the same team for the same ball club. Anyone who isn't a team player is taken out: i.e.President Kennedy, Ali Bhutto (Pakistan) and Aldo Moro (Italy). More recently, Admiral Borda and William Colby were also killed because they were either unwilling to go along with the conspiracy to destroy America, weren't cooperating in some capacity, or were attempting to expose/ thwart the Takeover agenda.

It's always nice to have a poster around delivering the ROFLs.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

But it all seems so plausible!

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Considering how many Russians surrendered in the early part of the war I would recommend you shut the hell up about France.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Of course you realise that at the precise time the French were surrendering, the Russians were allied to the Nazis? Very heroic. Courageous stand there. Clap clap.

-Elwood Blues

Based upon the proud military traditions of the Gauls.

polandball_french_militay_history.png

La Technique du Forfait, literally 'The Tactic of Surrender" is a French military policy.

The document follows:

"France should keep a boisterous and irritating army and always surrender. Refusing to surrender is not a very French thing to do. French people should always surrender, even to each other."

What I don't understand is, if your loved dynamic duo are so worked up by Western imperialism... why didn't they use their veto power to prevent this in the first place?

It's really cheap to give one's tacit support to something and then take potshots from the sidelines, don't you think oby?

Funny that you keep harping on the French -not without reason- when it's in fact the Russians who stand to profit the most from ME instability. And let's be honest, it's high time somebody "retired" those old Mig-21s and T-72s! Markets for hot, shiny hardware like the Su-30 and T-90 are in need of expanding.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Actually a contract Russia had with Libya for 180 of those T-90s has now had to be cancelled due to the embargo, so they've lost out.

There are none that are right, only strong of opinion. There are none that are wrong, only ignorant of facts

Based upon the proud military traditions of the Gauls.

polandball_french_militay_history.png

La Technique du Forfait, literally 'The Tactic of Surrender" is a French military policy.

The document follows:

"France should keep a boisterous and irritating army and always surrender. Refusing to surrender is not a very French thing to do. French people should always surrender, even to each other."

napoleon-on%20-motorbike-bike-French-12918490284.jpg

I must say I am disagreeing with your assessment of the French Military Prowess

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Actually a contract Russia had with Libya for 180 of those T-90s has now had to be cancelled due to the embargo, so they've lost out.

On the contrary. Because Russia is an oil and gas exporter it has gained from the instability through getting more money from those exports, AND it still has the tanks which it can sell to some other dingbat regime. Win!

~~

Enough with the France bashing. Neither Russia or America felt the war with Nazi Germany was worth fighting at the time Britain and France got kicked to pieces. The French are OUR cousins and family is supposed to take the p***; but from you chaps it just sounds stupid.

Back me up here, Monte.

God, I hope Monte hasn't run away.

-Elwood Blues

I find it difficult to sympathise with the French, they do their own thing, play the in-out-in-out-shake-it-all-about game with NATO and are adept at grand-standing.

As Gen. "Stormin'" Norman Schwartzkopf once famously said, "going to war without the French is like going deer hunting without an accordion."

Having said that, yes we can slag them off because they are cousins, the rest can wind their necks in.

sonsofgygax.JPG

What I don't understand is, if your loved dynamic duo are so worked up by Western imperialism... why didn't they use their veto power to prevent this in the first place?

1. It's not effective

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legitimacy_of...#The_UN_Charter

You are missing the point. The Russian veto may not have prevented Franco-British action against Qaddafi, but it would have prevented a UNSC resolution that, to the uninformed, legalized this intervention. It would have shown that the Russians are unequivocally against this, and would have made it easier for them to claim the moral high ground. Abstention on the other hand is tantamount to nodding in complicity, which pretty much makes any criticism they make through RIA Novosti a joke. Not the funny sort, but the one that completely fails to achieve its intended purpose, due to being laden with hypocrisy.

The French are OUR cousins and family is supposed to take the p***; but from you chaps it just sounds stupid.
I'm thinking you would change your tune if your cousin was a midget with an inferiority complex, and he asked you to help him rob a few banks so he can repay the debts he owes to a few mob bosses, incurred when borrowing to pay for whores and booze.

RE arms embargo: Resolution 1970 establishes an embargo against the Libyan Arab Jamahiriya, this is Qaddafi's Libya - it wouldn't be too illegal to sell weapons to the rebels, even before they win. At any rate, the destruction of hefty amounts of old weapons is always good news for those who make a profit from selling them.

Edited by 213374U

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Russia is a gangster-state kleptocracy. It's a joke. Anything Putin's regime says or does is predicated on it's own utter self-interest, loss of Cold War hang-ups and defence of authoritarianism.

I feel sorry for the average Russian.

sonsofgygax.JPG

I would too, but apparently Oby's ideas are not particularly uncommon among Russians. They really like their kleptocrats over there, it would seem. D: