Mass Effect 3

Gorth

I'd say Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion has ME3 beat for my most anticipated game.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

skyrim is actually my most anticipated game right now. ME3 is pretty far down the list after what happened with DA2

Edited by entrerix

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

skyrim is actually my most anticipated game right now. ME3 is pretty far down the list after what happened with DA2

Eh, after Oblivion I'm barely paying attention to Skyrim. I'm firmly on the Deus Ex bandwagon for anticipation this year.

ME3 is kind of hand-wavey-in-the-future-anticipation. Not actual anticipation. :lol:

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I'd say Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion has ME3 beat for my most anticipated game.

Is that yet another expansion, or a new game?

Standalone expansion. Lots of changes.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

What types of changes? Is it going to be d/l or both d/l and (retail) store?

Edited by greylord

What types of changes? Is it going to be d/l or both d/l and (retail) store?

Retail, I believe.

Some of the changes:

- Each faction has split into two: Loyalists, and rebels. Differences between the two not yet specified, but each comes with a unique, new tech-tree.

- New Titan-class ships, much larger than Capital ships.

- New Corvette-class ships, small and maneuverable.

- More levels of each Capital ship ability

- More victory conditions

- Updated graphics

ME3 got downgraded due to DA2.

Skyrim is pretty non-existant due to Oblivion.

So it would be DX:HR and TW2 for me.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Considering the widening gap between DAO DLC and (most) ME2 PRC (the "subcontracted" Arrival didn't exactly blow my socks off, but it was still better than any DAO DLC), I expect there to be none-to-little correlation between DA2 and ME3. More like I expect the ME3 team to show (again) how it should be done.

I have 0 interest in Skyrim, no realistic opportunities to run Witcher 2, so it's LA Noire and DX:HR for me, meanwhile.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

ME3 was never really high on my list. They dropped the ball with ME2, so now it's "will they get back up to the quality of the first game" rather than "will the quality stay high?" To be sure, ME2 did do a fair number of things better, but the improvements are dwarfed by the blunders.

"will they get back up to the quality of the first game"

What is this, I don't even...

*flips table over*

*barges out of thread*

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

*flips table over*

*barges out of thread*

I think he is talking about the story only, I agree that storytelling in ME2 was a big blunder.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

People do understand that the Dragon Age and the Mass Effect Teams are completely different right..? Just FYI.

They share some of the same members.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

People do understand that the Dragon Age and the Mass Effect Teams are completely different right..? Just FYI.

They share some of the same members.

Yeah, like ~3 people in the QA department. :lol:

And the corporate side, of course.

and they share the same company. i dont want to reward failure.

edit: im expecting ME3 to be great, but im not going to pay full price, to make up for paying full price for DA2. I will have plenty of other games to tide me over for a month or so to wait for a price drop

Edited by entrerix

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

and they share the same company. i dont want to reward failure.

edit: im expecting ME3 to be great, but im not going to pay full price, to make up for paying full price for DA2. I will have plenty of other games to tide me over for a month or so to wait for a price drop

What about DLC?

village_idiot.gif

But if they also interpretate the "stats" as *right* as the DA squad...

*shudders*

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

*flips table over*

*barges out of thread*

I think he is talking about the story only, I agree that storytelling in ME2 was a big blunder.

I don't know, I like ME2 having manageable chunks rather than...I've been playing for 6 hours and still haven't gotten to the end of the level...type thing. Endless combat isn't always what some think it's cracked up to be. If Arrival is any indication of the changes they are doing...color me thinking them catering to all the whiny fans who want more ME1 and dislike ME2 as tainting the creation of ME3 for the worse.

ME3 can be great...I'm hoping it is...truly. I just hope the ME1 fanatics don't screw it up for the rest of us.

Because 3 2 hours chuncks of story in a 40-hour game are better than having like 20 hours of story in said game, right? Kids might get overwhelmed by all that story. Imagine... IN AN RPG! :lol:

^

*flips table over*

*barges out of thread*

I don't know, I like ME2 having manageable chunks rather than...I've been playing for 6 hours and still haven't gotten to the end of the level...type thing. Endless combat isn't always what some think it's cracked up to be. If Arrival is any indication of the changes they are doing...color me thinking them catering to all the whiny fans who want more ME1 and dislike ME2 as tainting the creation of ME3 for the worse.

ME3 can be great...I'm hoping it is...truly. I just hope the ME1 fanatics don't screw it up for the rest of us.

:)

What Hassan said, plus story wise ME2 was the worst possible direction they could have taken the series. I don't hate ME2, it was great in every other aspect (although i was sad about the lack of inventory and wepmods)

ME3 it's probably going to be what we expect, DA:O on space. You go around the galaxy gathering allies, determined by who you antagonized in the previous game you get to fight some of them. :lol:

village_idiot.gif

Because 3 2 hours chuncks of story in a 40-hour game are better than having like 20 hours of story in said game, right? Kids might get overwhelmed by all that story. Imagine... IN AN RPG! :)

No, because a game broken into 2 hour increments where you can find an ACTUAL AND REAL STOPPING POINT rather than stopping in the middle of the story and forgetting where you are needing to go because you have a life and need to work the next day makes a game a LOT better overall. Means you don't play for five to 30 minutes just trying to figure out what the heck you were doing before you quite last night.

Just because a game has REAL stopping points at 2-3 hour increments does NOT mean that the story suffers...only that people who have actual lives can stop and start as they need. It becomes even more annoying when you only play on weekends, work all week, and then have to remember what the heck you were doing the next weekend because the game was designed so that there is no real save points in a nice regular fashion.

Ah, yes, "have no story so I don't have to remember what the hell it was all about"... it all makes sense now.

And I never had trouble picking up a story even leaving it alone a year or more. :) And believe me that's not in "chunck" games

^

Ah, yes, "have no story so I don't have to remember what the hell it was all about"... it all makes sense now.

Not what he said... :)

Still, the best (actual) strawman I've seen in... weeks. ;)