Mass Effect 3

Gorth

Well, its the same price as Overlord. Is it as good as Overlord? I haven't had a chance to sit down at my PC and buy it yet. And while seven dollars isn't exactly a huge loss, I'd still prefer to avoid disappointment.

Better than Overlord, worse than LotSB.

They built the damn things, you would think they would be able to find the on/of switch. Like how in ME2 humanity is being invaded through the mysterious omega relay that no one ever uses except the collectors. Why didn't someone think to blow the thing up. Invasion over.

Play Arrival and find out.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

They built the damn things, you would think they would be able to find the on/of switch. Like how in ME2 humanity is being invaded through the mysterious omega relay that no one ever uses except the collectors. Why didn't someone think to blow the thing up. Invasion over.

I'm guessing blowing up a mass relay would require at least one dreadnought, if not an entire fleet, and the Council would never allow such a fleet to enter the Terminus systems since it would trigger an intergalatic war (and that's content saved for ME 5, 6 and 7).

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

I'm guessing blowing up a mass relay would require at least one dreadnought, if not an entire fleet, and the Council would never allow such a fleet to enter the Terminus systems since it would trigger an intergalatic war (and that's content saved for ME 5, 6 and 7).

Well, as mentioned in Arrival, conventional wisdom is that mass relays are indestructable. The Mu relay from ME1 was blown out of its system by a supernova.

That's not even half of it. See above.

Or, since you are lazy just look here. When you destroy a mass relay, they REALLY explode. Omega alone has almost 8 million inhabitants, and the rest of Sahrabarik seems at least somewhat inhabited.

Apart from the fact that nobody but Cerberus and Shepard even perceive the Collectors as a problem.

As usual, Eurogamer is pretty much on the money: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-03-...-arrival-review

5/10 seems more relative (in comparison to the main game and especially LotSB, as pretty much spelled out in the game) than absolute - at least I enjoyed it somewhat more than that.

Or, could be the inverse, it really is 5/10, but because of my investment into the franchise, I was willing to forgive the less-than-stellar (made by a literal B-team) effort just for the story implications. And I didn't mind the "forced choice" either, because I'm glad that, just for once, Shepard doesn't have an easy way out. The choice "that is made for you" is literally the only option he has at that moment.

Edited by Nepenthe

Or, could be the inverse, it really is 5/10, but because of my investment into the franchise, I was willing to forgive the less-than-stellar (made by a literal B-team) effort just for the story implications. And I didn't mind the "forced choice" either, because I'm glad that, just for once, Shepard doesn't have an easy way out. The choice "that is made for you" is literally the only option he has at that moment.

Completely agree.

Now the wait for the bundle pack begins. Hm, maybe they'll do one with ME1 and ME2 and all DLCs.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

i think i'll skip arrival, i liked the shadow broker dlc, but dont see the need to buy this one, maybe i'll get it if they bundle all the dlc together for a good price right before me3 drops

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

(made by a literal B-team)

BioWare Edmonton?

I'm not sure if you're trying to be hysterically funny in some parallel universe or are just unaware that Arrival was made by Bioware Montreal.

I finished the DLC. Luckily I brought the Yithian Lightning gun so mowing down the endless waves of filler enemies went smooth. Overall pretty mediocre, but the ending was pretty nice.

When was ME3 coming out again?

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

It wasn't too bad.. But it wasn't that great. The filler waves of enemy for no real reason were a little annoying.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

question: how many people think ME3 will end up being better than ME2?

i think ME2 will be the highpoint in the series, and am curious if others feel the same way.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

i think ME2 will be the highpoint in the series, and am curious if others feel the same way.

I'm HOPING that it doesn't turn out like DA2...waves of enemy appearing out of nowhere...with reused maps being seen for the thousanth time....

ME2 was the best game I've played...BUT I'm hoping that they take what they've learned from ME2 and make it even BETTER (like they did with ME1 to ME2) with ME3. ME2 was a little weak on story...ME3 needs a killer story and an epic ending.

So, I have no real opinion right now, just hoping it will be great. Even if they simply do it almost exactly like ME2's gameplay, but with a stronger story...and real C&C (not DA2's C&C which really made no sense...and you really had no effect on the end, you fought the same fights and enemies and had remarkably little differences on how the story actually ended), it will turn out AWESOME...and probably better then ME2.

On the other hand, if they tweak certain things to be even better, maybe a slightly better HUD, if they include mining, make it better, if they HAVE to include something like the MAKO...make it so that travelling is actually FUN and that the Hammerhead actually has some ARMOR and better indications on what status your vehicle is at (sort of like the MAKO...but not something that takes forever to get where you are going and bounces like the ATV from heck)...and other tweaks...it could be great.

OR, if they feel too rushed on time and use three areas recycled over and over again, with a massive inventory which you only fill with junk you can never use anyways, and romance options that are simply a bunch of psychos who somehow got out of the psych ward to intrude on your life...it could actually be the low point of the series.

Well, as mentioned in Arrival, conventional wisdom is that mass relays are indestructable. The Mu relay from ME1 was blown out of its system by a supernova.

That's not even half of it. See above.

Or, since you are lazy just look here. When you destroy a mass relay, they REALLY explode. Omega alone has almost 8 million inhabitants, and the rest of Sahrabarik seems at least somewhat inhabited.

Apart from the fact that nobody but Cerberus and Shepard even perceive the Collectors as a problem.

Indestructible plot devices. Lame. You should always try and construct the story and premise around the plausible, never mind that we are talking about far out sci fi tech.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

... if they feel too rushed on time and use three areas recycled over and over again, with a massive inventory which you only fill with junk you can never use anyways, and romance options that are simply a bunch of psychos who somehow got out of the psych ward to intrude on your life...it could actually be the low point of the series.

im definitely praying it does not come to something like this... would be a huge embarrassment following ME2.

I really hope they scrap the mining and the mako and instead give us something more to do with ship combat. I'm not expecting TIE fighter or anything, but if they could add a strategic element to buffing the ship that could be neat. barring that, i'd prefer they just focus on polishing the gameplay and dialogue and C&C. End on a strong note and don't throw the baby out with the bathwater if they have to make changes.

Also, if they pull an alien 3 and just toss all the npcs from ME2 out the airlock in the prologue of ME3 then I'm going to throw my disc out the window.

For anyone who wants to be completely spoiled here's the ending of the Arrival DLC on Youtube:

Looks ok enough, but ME1 had this theme going that Reapers were trapped in Dark Space until the Citadel (or whatever other plot device) could bring them back - pretty much a rip-off of Cthulthu - and this just ignores it completely. Come to think of it, most of ME2 is dedicated to what was good about ME1's story.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

nsjadhaga

Edited by WILL THE ALMIGHTY

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

After DA 2 I'm really starting to worry. Most of it's problems seem to come from it being rushed. ME 3 is coming out pretty soon after ME 2. Does this mean we are going back to one single prefab building interior and ship interior to explore for a 40-50 hour game again?

nsjadhaga

Gesundheit!

Edited by GreasyDogMeat

After DA 2 I'm really starting to worry. Most of it's problems seem to come from it being rushed. ME 3 is coming out pretty soon after ME 2. Does this mean we are going back to one single prefab building interior and ship interior to explore for a 40-50 hour game again?

The Mass Effect Team headed by Casey Hudson and the DA team are entirely separate teams thankfully. I'm honestly not worried............. yet,

The Mass Effect Team headed by Casey Hudson and the DA team are entirely separate teams thankfully. I'm honestly not worried............. yet,

Considering that Arrival is still aeons better than that abortion, Pinnacle Station, and the overall quality difference between, say, DAO and ME2 DLC, and I share this sentiment. I cut ME2 a lot of slack due to its role as a 2nd part in a trilogy, which means that ME3 has to be awesome. :sorcerer:

Considering that Arrival is still aeons better than that abortion, Pinnacle Station, and the overall quality difference between, say, DAO and ME2 DLC, and I share this sentiment. I cut ME2 a lot of slack due to its role as a 2nd part in a trilogy, which means that ME3 has to be awesome. :sorcerer:

Are you aware of the specifics of how a DLC is produced as well as what teams are involved?