Let's Play: Divinity II

Tigranes

Yeah, there's a lot of references, this game's full of them. I don't intend on showing every dialogue and every sidequest, though, it would just take years. It's a much richer game than I had initially thought.

Anyway, one reply? May my team of monkey LP-slaves throw rotten pears at your family! We must continue, since I keep playing on and on. o:)

Divinity22011-02-1317-26-42-54.jpg

We now return to Lord Lovis' tower to get on with the main quest. Level 8 skellie mobs are now no trouble for our little Manny, all grown up.

Divinity22011-02-1317-34-09-16.jpg

Div2's dungeons are a reasonably fun mix of relatively simple puzzles. Here we have to jump up some platforms to open the barred gates...

Divinity22011-02-1317-36-23-49.jpg

...then hit the switches on the gargoyle lamps in order. Manny's intellectual faculties are challenged but not beaten.

Divinity22011-02-1317-44-26-15.jpg

And finally, the great Lovis. We'll start to provide a bit more critical plot information from now on, now that I'm a bit less confused. So there seemed to be this super-powerful mage named Maxos, who was a bit of a nice guy with Dragon Knights (= Dragons) under him. Lord Lovis was his right hand man, so to speak.

Divinity22011-02-1317-44-43-62.jpg

He's been condemned to walk this tower as punishment for, well, becoming drunk with his own power and not guarding the lands properly. For now, he is our source of some very important information. Damian, the Big Bad, is soul forged with Ygerna, his dead love. Normally, soul forged beings share life and death together, but here it is inverted, so that if Ygerna were to be brought back to life, Damian would die.

Divinity22011-02-1317-46-40-74.jpg

...but of course, that's a long way off for us. Our immediate task is to find Amdusias, Lovis' old rival, and gain some necessary McGuffins. Lovis would also prefer it if we'd pick up his soul stone on the way. You know, that eternal damnation thing.

Divinity22011-02-1318-12-25-80.jpg

We also took the time to explore Lovis' dungeon, where we found a sentient skeleton smith, and some sort of gauntlet that led to magic items. Now, outside, we take some final detours of the Broken Valley before reaching Amdusias. It would be our last time in these idyllic hills, filled with goblins, skeletons, bandits, Black Ring and a Full Set of Crazy Peoples. Here's a wishing well. We opted to wish with a thousnad gold, and received 5000 xp for our troubles. Worth it.

Divinity22011-02-1318-14-07-07.jpg

We also meet an enchanter. There is quite a lot of customisation in Div2: items come with 'charm slots', where you can insert charms you find in the world, or enchantment slots, which are used by hiring an enchanter, having the right recipe and the right gems. We will start maximising these things a little bit later. For now, we use our extraordinary psychic powers for the glorious task of petty theft.

Divinity22011-02-1318-25-13-30.jpg

Crazy people quota up again. What is this, don't eat teh pigs, don't eat the chickens, do these people not understand the importance of protein?

Divinity22011-02-1318-25-21-05.jpg

Oh, right. Soul forged with a chicken. But you can eat pigs, right?

Divinity22011-02-1318-29-13-30.jpg

We decide we should probably try and help the poor fellow. After all, XP gain is rarely proportional to the wealth or sanity of the questgiver. Nearby, we come across what is probably a likely candidate - the only white chicken we've seen so far. Unfortunately, we can't talk to it or pick it up or anything. Now, I had completely forgotten that one of my magical items has a passive ability: it periodically sets enemy creatures near me on fire, dealing a uselessly miniscule amount of damage. But it shouldn't matter, because the chicken isn't...

Divinity22011-02-1318-29-29-18.jpg

...maybe it was looking at me funny. o:)

Divinity22011-02-1318-50-19-41.jpg

Finally, we make a quick stop back at the village to receive the bounty for Jagon, the bandit leader. You'll recall we killed him a while ago, but the proof of death is a unique magical amulet, which had been quite useful to us so far. In fact, this was the case with most of the bounties, a nice dilemma between completing the quest or not. Manny has cclearly decided that ham > amulet.

Divinity22011-02-1318-39-21-02.jpg

Alright, enough crazycide and back to it. Approaching the big fat temple of McGuffins, we are finally reunited with our fellow Dragon Slayers. You know, the ones that disappeared for about 10 game hours after taking my bloody sword.

Divinity22011-02-1318-39-45-31.jpg

Oh, you can sense I'm a Dragon Knight now. We overcome the resulting social awkwardness by slaughtering the lot of them.

Divinity22011-02-1318-56-55-55.jpg

Welcome to the MacGuffin Temple! We do breakfast until 10.30 each day.

Divinity22011-02-1318-57-53-20.jpg

As soon as we enter, we're given some cryptic advice by our old friend, Harry Potter. It's so cryptic that it cleverly elides all imaginable kinds of practical use.

Divinity22011-02-1322-29-28-60.jpg

More impressive architecture.

Divinity22011-02-1322-30-33-30.jpg

To reach the macguffins, we must overcome the various tests pre-built into the temple. These remind me a bit of the Jedi initiation in Jedi Knight II, actually. First is platform-jumping, which would have been frustrating / challenging, if there was any fall damage in the bloody game.

Divinity22011-02-1322-36-57-10.jpg

And then, our ability to not pick up incredibly valuable things all around us. We thought we just had to wait a while, but apparently the solution was to pick up a pumpkin lying around. Do these people not know that a pumpkin is an incredibly valuable item, often used as optional quest rewards?

Divinity22011-02-1322-39-05-30.jpg

Finally, a symmetrical room where we must spot the difference. THe answer was a tiny cup on the ground. Clearly, these tests are designed to select the most intelligent and powerful men in the land.

Divinity22011-02-1322-59-07-64.jpg

The dungeon is pretty damn big, and after passing the tests we come across an old library guarded by ghosts. They explain that they were followers of Maxos, damned along with Lovis and Amdusias when they were found wanting. Appaerntly the only crime of these low-ranking mooks was that their leaders were morons. Here we have another case of Choice & Consequences : destroy the soul stone and free the ghosts, damning Lovis to an eternity of playing blackjack with his left hand, or return the stone to Lovis and ignore the ghosts. Manny would usually go for the big, unrepentantly evil Lovis, but the ghosts do a pretty good job of grovelling for sympathy.

Divinity22011-02-1323-04-29-48.jpg

Having reassured the ghosts, we finally proceed to meet Amdusias, the big baddie. Apparently he was royally pissed off when Maxos picked Lovis over him to be a Dragon Knight, and looked for unorthodox methods to dragonify himself. This naturally leaves some clues behind for us to dragonify Manny in the near future. Ironically, though, the result is that Amdusias currently does not know how to turn himself into a human.

Divinity22011-02-1323-18-08-12.jpg

This is pretty much what you see when we fight Amdusias. The dragon hovers out of reach, blasting us at the speed of a machine gun taped to another machine gun. With our top of the line laptop, this means that Manny must run for his life at 5fps to try and get to the altar and begin the ritual...

Divinity22011-02-1323-19-58-02.jpg

...which he does after about seventeen reloads. You look a bit of an teenage emo under all that armour, Amdusias. I suppose that explains the strange things you've been doing with your body.

Divinity22011-02-1323-22-15-08.jpg

Amdusias the Emo is considerably less powerful, and there is not even time for a screencap.

Divinity22011-02-1323-36-11-41.jpg

The leftmost item in the last SS was Lovis' soul stone. After much thinking, and much regretting of potential loot lost, Manny destroys it and frees the ghosts. Then goes to see Lovis, because we're nice like that.

Divinity22011-02-1323-36-13-83.jpg

I think he's taking it rather well, don't you?

Divinity22011-02-1323-26-04-98.jpg

Aaaand that's all loose ends wrapped up, really. It is time for us to leave Broken Valley behind. We have now defeated Amdusias and gained some knowledge as to what further macguffins are required to dragonify ourselves, take ownership of the Battle Tower (that the necromancer we found controlling the bandits currently lords over), and then work to revive Ygerna, thus destroying Damian the Big Bad.

Just so we forget, though, good ol' Damian comes to see us again and have a nice friendly chat. It's terribly nice of him not to kill Manny now, but it's good to know that saving the world is still a gentleman's sport.

Divinity22011-02-1323-48-27-66.jpg

And so, to Sentinel Island, the next quest-and-loot hub of our grand adventure! Thanks kids, and see you next Saturday, 9:30 for more Manny Action. (or tomorrow.)

Well, Manny didn't slaughter Commander Rhode. Though Larian McGuffins her out of the way, being able to kill her three underlings is still quite a stretch. They're only level 13, Rhode is probably at least level 40.

Edited by virumor

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

ugh, I don't like the design, the art direction. the armor pieces look awful o:) I don't thing I'd be able to play through the whole game having to look at those models

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Keep in mind I'm playing with pretty much lowest settings and all bells/whistles turned off, game looks OK otherwise. And actually, I much prefer the parody dialogue - of course not all of it succeeds at being funny, but hell it's infinitely preferable to 50 hours of "Wilst thou help me, good sir?"

50 hours of "Wilst thou help me, good sir?"

actually, I could enjoy something like that :p

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Manny's Adventures continue at breakneck speed for the benefit of our three and a half readers. It has nothing to do with the fact that I"m totally addicted, oh no. It's all for you.

Divinity22011-02-1323-50-47-59.jpg

We arrive in Sentinel Island, the second major area of the game. Some kind of half-barren Autumn island look, which doesn't make a whole lot of sense, but I don't mind too much. We are greeted by RPG Obligatory Naked Dryad , who is an incarnation of the Island itself. She tells us that Laiken the Necromancer controls the battle tower, and we must (a) look for a way to get in, (b) meet two candidates for each position, such as Alchemist, that I will have open once I take the battle tower, and make my choice. Apparently the candidates have been whisked here by the Island - and the one not chosen will die, because this is hardcore.

We can't romance the island. Manny shakes his fist and vows that his next appearance better be in Dragon Age 2, because he's hurtin'.

Divinity22011-02-1409-22-59-39.jpg

Sentinel Island proves to be just as crazy as Broken Valley. This reminds me of the sound file for necromantic spells in BG2, which I always heard as "Vita Mortis Hariharihariha *foompf*". :ermm:

Divinity22011-02-1409-23-07-44.jpg

He's clearly doing some hard cogito there.

Divinity22011-02-1409-23-39-29.jpg

At this rate of parodies, I'm surprised we don't hear "I Believe I Can Fly" every time we turn into a dragon. Hang on... is Div 2 moddable? :shifty: Anyway, he turns out not to be a candidate (or we'd have picked him in an instant) - just wants a big fat wyvern egg for his dinner. Our RPG Honour Code demands that we accept this glorious quest.

Divinity22011-02-1409-35-06-50.jpg

On the way, we meet Dragon Elves. Yes, the island is entirely pouplated by savage, armoured Dragon Elves. The lore actually makes a lot of sense - Dragons wanted some half-intelligent servants to guard the island, and so interbred with Elves, who at that time were still pretty stupid and undeveloped. Then, the ages of isolation after the dragons' demise turned them into angry mooks.

Divinity22011-02-1410-14-08-78.jpg

Sentinel Island is filled with sidequests, and every sidequest comes free with a terrible pun. I won't SS this one, but we just had to find the remains of a... whale he was hunting, and bring back a souvenir.

Divinity22011-02-1410-21-25-76.jpg

On our way to the wyvern eggs, we meet a Dragon Elf (yes, they look like that) who has retained his sanity, and explains the history of his crippled race. He offers a salve which will fool the wyverns into thinking we are one of them, in return for clearing his cave of ghosts. We feel sorry for this lonely old relic of an ancient race, and accept... but not quite sorry enough that we won't loot his cave at the same time. Poor old bugger gets pissed, attacks Manny, and dies. I blame him.

Divinity22011-02-1410-23-02-87.jpg

Well, what's done is done. Now it's time for some sexay. Rub the oil, Manny, rub the oil!

Divinity22011-02-1410-23-40-88.jpg

Tha's rite. Only the biggest egg will do for Manny the Hunk o' Steel.

Divinity22011-02-1410-23-50-28.jpg

Alejandro Manny, Spanish Lover, makes off with the booty by jumping off fifty metres towards the ground. No fall damage. No tears.

Divinity22011-02-1410-27-49-61.jpg

And now, it's time to meet the 8 candidates, two per each position - Alchemist, Enchanter, Necromancer and Trainer. The choice we make will have an impact on the kind of quests we get and the bonuses we get later on. We can also mindread each candidate. First up is Allan the Alchemist - he boasts that he can make the magical Allan's Brew, but his journal reveals he has no idea what he's doing and his mind is no cleaner either.

Divinity22011-02-1412-01-48-08.jpg

On the other hand, Barbatos the Alchemist is a fully certified snob, and demands that only those with three or more doctorates should approach his ginormous brain. I do so admire ginormous brains!

Divinity22011-02-1412-31-38-32.jpg

In the end, the choice is simple. Manny likes to surround himself with big brains, because he likes crushing their delusions of grandeur. (Apparently, Allan is arguably the better choice in terms of in-game rewards, though.)

Divinity22011-02-1410-32-21-98.jpg

Next are the necromancers. Jonelath used to serve the Black Ring, our enemies, but has been teleported here. The mindread shows he hates our guts, but he would probably serve well.

Divinity22011-02-1410-33-01-98.jpg

Meanwhile, Igor, his servant, is more submissive, but shows a deliciously evil streak when we encourage him.

Divinity22011-02-1412-30-17-46.jpg

The choice is simple. Igor gains 5 Dark Side points, and develops a tinge of red aura around his noggin'.

Divinity22011-02-1410-30-59-76.jpg

Wesson the Enchanter seems to be a pretty average guy, mostly endorsed by his wife Ginny.

Divinity22011-02-1412-02-31-28.jpg

The other option, Radciff, thinks he's the bee's knees too, though. Curious how Mindread = Truth in this game - he thinks he's the man, so he must be the man. :ermm:

Divinity22011-02-1412-34-29-87.jpg

We decide the best way to go is have them match off in a sword-making competition. It takes just one cutscene to finish and is an objective measure of their skill!

Divinity22011-02-1412-39-20-95.jpg

Radcliff wins soundly, but at the last minute Manny has a change of heart. We killed the nice man to save the crazy axeman when dealing with the schizophrenic! We robbed and killed the smelly Dragon Elf! We shall save Wesson and his obnoxious wife this time, and restore balance to our troubled abdominal region, uh, heart.

Divinity22011-02-1412-03-08-13.jpg

Finally, the trainers. Hermosa was the captain of a ship that the Island brought here wholesale (i.e. shipwreck). The mindread shows that she thinks she rocks, naturally.

Divinity22011-02-1412-19-33-50.jpg

Our alternative is Kenneth, an equally confident man teleported from the Slayer camp. He offers to duel Hermosa to demonstrate his superiority, but backs out because he won't hit a woman. I doubt any society based on a proliferation of magical powers sufficient to turn women into axe-wielding killers would retain a gender-based code, really.

Divinity22011-02-1412-41-30-68.jpg

Goodbye, Kenneth. Being unable to teach Manny how to slap women was a key gap in your application.

Divinity22011-02-1412-26-21-71.jpg

Alright, now let's get with the plot. Laiken has magically sealed the Battle Tower from entry. Our way in is to enlist the help of his former 'love', Sassan, who Laiken had killed then used her blood to seize the tower originally. First, we use a spell to stop the wind raging around her grave...

Divinity22011-02-1412-28-02-94.jpg

...so we can light some candles. Manny, just use a freaking match. You look ridiculous.

Divinity22011-02-1412-28-45-65.jpg

Sassan proves just as abnormally big-busted as the rest of the population. We help restore her to life with yet another Macguffin from a nearby cave...

Divinity22011-02-1412-55-55-65.jpg

Sassan assures us that the sight of her alive and with Manny will force Laiken's hand. I suppose even powerful necromancers are bound to the same laws of emotion we all are: you must never let an ex pass you by in the street without much wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Divinity22011-02-1412-56-25-31.jpg

Oh yeah, he's pissed.

Divinity22011-02-1414-24-40-82.jpg

After about fifty dead guards and creatures, we've broken our way into the tower. We're skipping most of the fights because being an ARPG, there are quite a few - and although they remain entertaining, Manny is now pretty decent and does not risk death every other mob.

Divinity22011-02-1414-24-54-54.jpg

We are told that yet again, a Soul Forge spell is at work here - Laiken has done it with a Demon then banished it to their own realm to protect himself. Our plan is to summon it then kill it. What is it with Soul Forge anyway? Is it that good? Do you get free cookies every hour?

-------------

Tomorrow: we face Laiken, and finally gain the full array of Dragon abilities.

And looks like you missed the best fight on the island.

well? :ermm:

Walsingham said:

the game gets uglier the more screens I see, but this is still very entertaining

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

I think Sentinel Island is the worst looking area in the game - I'm generally impressed by most of the indoor areas, especially ones with 'special' monuments. Orangey barren lands never translate well to SS, either.

Majek, what fight did I miss? I'm on a blind run so obviously I'll miss quite a few things. I've played on too far by now, but I think I have a save around there to load again and try.

I think he meant the cave with the two rival sisters. It's easy to miss on a first run.

Sentinel Island is my favourite area in the game, simply because of the awesome theme. The first time you arrive in the sunset and that time starts playing, is pretty awe-inspiring.-

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

The MannyJourney, the fastest updated LP in the history of the interwebs, is back!

Divinity22011-02-1422-22-13-80.jpg

Where we left off last, we were invading Laiken the Necromancer's battle tower to seize it for ourselves, meaning to summon the Demon that he soul-forged with as a quick route to victory. Unfortunately, Sassan tells us that the only other being that knows the Demon's true name is a goblin, and Laiken cut out his tongue. Naturally, this calls for a mindread.

Divinity22011-02-1422-23-00-81.jpg

Picking Goethe's book in the bookshelf gives us the secret compartment, and the true name, Razakel.

Divinity22011-02-1422-26-43-53.jpg

Protip: Always use the kamehameha pose to summon demons. It focuses your magical energies and enhances your cool quotient.

Divinity22011-02-1422-34-28-59.jpg

The demon was not too difficult to beat down, but we soon realised it had a trick up its sleeve. Using the dreaded Forced Dialogue power to hold us in stasis, it ran off towards Laiken, forcing us to fight him after all.

Divinity22011-02-1422-35-40-99.jpg

Laiken invested most of his tyranny earnings in modern sculpture...

Divinity22011-02-1422-35-56-41.jpg

...but found out he couldn't afford nose surgery. Really, you'd think the evil and the undead would invest some time in facial reconstructive magic. Probably because they're all men.

Divinity22011-02-1422-36-56-35.jpg

This was a tough fight. Along with Laiken hurling magic from afar, we had to deal with the Demon again and several undead. Thankfully, we had told Sassan to focus on healing us, and eventually beat down the demon - thus, if you were paying attention, destroying Laiken too.

Divinity22011-02-1422-37-48-07.jpg

Oh, Gandalf Dumbledore! It's nice to see you again after everybody is dead, we really needed someone to fill that crucial role.

Divinity22011-02-1422-38-30-65.jpg

And you're just as bad, I'm-so-evil-I-won't-kill-my-enemies. The two procrastinators get out their handbags and Damian whines about the good guys killing his evil, dangerous and powerful lover.

Divinity22011-02-1422-42-54-60.jpg

Anyway, Damian is seriously pissed now and it appears that his armies are finally threatening us. It is time. Manny will shed his mortal coil and be born anew. He will become bigger, stronger, badder. There will be thunder and lightening, and other impressive pyrotechnic effects in the air. It is time to draaagoooooonnn!

Divinity22011-02-1422-45-04-70.jpg

And thus we enter the second half of Divinity II's main game. From now on we can turn into Dragon whenever we are (a) outdoors and (b) have enough room - even when in the air or water. Unfortunately, you can't see or fight ground enemies in your dragon form; instead, there are dragon-specific enemies to fight with which, again, won't interfere when you are humanoid. Here we see the basic premise of Dragon combat. The smaller towers fire ballista; the larger ones are 'Nests' that periodically spawn enemies; and finally we have wyverns and the like flying around. Our Dragon form also gets its own inventory and skillset, including the ability to summon a helper dragon.

I can't say I'm a fan of ddragon combat - I don't think such arcadey stuff are enjoyable unless done superbly in an FPS, and I'm pretty horrible anyway. There are way too many projectiles flying around and it's impossible to keep track of all the wyverns flying around. Still, I think it's a great addition to the gameplay in the sense that it opens up new ways of navigating, and you can very fluidly land and walk on foot, jump and fly around, etc.

Divinity22011-02-1511-38-22-95.jpg

Despite Manny's valiant efforts, Damian has declared that the shiznit is on. He completely burns down Broken Valley, killing everyone - thankfully we had completed all sidequests there. Sentinel Island is also now engulfed in toxic air. Only the Battle Tower stands unharmed.

Divinity22011-02-1511-39-24-17.jpg

Now let's learn the various functions of the Battle Tower, to which we can teleport freely anywhere anytime. We are now able to outsource the laborious task of ingredient gathering, but they require investment in weapon and armour to increase the rate of success. Manny is overjoyed that we have finally graduated to the most powerful class in history - the Capitalist.

Divinity22011-02-1511-40-18-77.jpg

As a Capitalist, it is only Manny's right to employ his very own minstrel. We have also decreed that every pot of fauna used for decor in our tower must be at least five feet tall. Every true capitalist knows that the size of his flower-pot represents the size of his offshore capital.

Divinity22011-02-1511-40-36-42.jpg

I can think of a few other ways you can please me, baby. Have you thought about relocating to CD Projekt? What do you think about featuring on your very own card? Call me. We'll do lunch.

Divinity22011-02-1511-50-49-48.jpg

And of course, the four specialists that we had handpicked now have their own workshops. Each of them also gives us a personalised quest (different if we picked different fellows) that we can do to upgrade their capabilities. For now, we use the necromancer to finally create a Creature of our own, a summoned ally whose stats will differ according to the limbs we graft on it.

Divinity22011-02-1511-51-24-95.jpg

The alchemist finally solves our chronic potion shortage issues.

Divinity22011-02-1511-52-50-40.jpg

The skill trainer allows us to extend the skill caps - all skills are capped at Level 5, but we can 'unlock' this for individual skills. We can also respec for an ever increasing cost. Finally, the enchanter (forgot to SS) lets us enchant and also disenchant items. The range of customisation is very wide; we will henceforth focus on modifications that increase the HP/MP regeneration rate and melee damage.

Divinity22011-02-1511-53-39-59.jpg

Looking at the former SS' list of skills, though, I was getting confused. I was seeing skills that I had never heard of before. See, this is the skill tree, and it doesn't feature many of the...

Divinity22011-02-1511-53-40-65.jpg

....oh. You can scroll down. I, ah... I guess I'll be ordering that respec then. :)

Divinity22011-02-1512-14-33-86.jpg

Alright, so after significant adjustments, Manny is once again packin' steel and ready to go. The majority of the rest of the game will take place in this area, the Orobas Fjords. Most places of interest are located in narrow, isolated cliff areas with rivers running far below, requiring us to use the Dragon form to navigate. There is a huge amount of people to see and quests to do here, possibly even more than in the Broken Valley. I'll be jumping across time sometimes to try and show sidequests together and reduce confusion.

Divinity22011-02-1517-23-32-42.jpg

Our primary motivation is to continue finding the 4 MacGuffins necessary for the main quest (to revive Ygerna and thus destroy Damian), and also our specialists' quests for upgrading their functionalisties. The necromancer quest brings us to a lava-filled cave, the home of Barnabus. Not to be confused with Barbados, our alchemist. Or was he Barnados? Barnabas? Barnie? Bernstein? Bertrand Russell?

Divinity22011-02-1517-39-23-44.jpg

It's been a while since we had some platform stuff. The lava kills us in about 0.5 seconds. This area doesn't seem too difficult, but, ah, my laptop seems to overheat after a while of Div2, something that I got to try and fix, and the lava makes the place run at 7fps. Many deaths ensued.

Divinity22011-02-1517-43-44-52.jpg

We also had to jump across about twenty moving platforms. You can see below, by the way, that we've got a greater array of skills now. From left, they are Fireball, Rush Attack, Thousand Strikes (hit people very fast), Charm, Firewall (persistent area damage), Heal, potion, and Summon Creature.

Divinity22011-02-1517-48-22-26.jpg

The final stage of the Mario Experience requires us to jump down to that one platform, which is moving. Obviously, I failed, I forgot to save, and had to do the whole thing again. After that, killing Barnabas was cake.

Divinity22011-02-1519-51-01-41.jpg

Nearby, we also meet the bastard cousin of our Great Nemesis, the Magic Glowing Ball. You won't fool me by painting yourself blue, you child eaters.*

*Claim may not stand up to close scrutiny.

Divinity22011-02-1520-10-36-28.jpg

You can see nest towers and such around the fjords - these lands generally appear to be inhabited by Dragon Slayers and the Champions of Aleroth (the ones I called 'Old Order' before). I'm a bit confused about this, but it seems the Champions are collaborating with Damian on some level. In any case it's a very unfriendly area for a Dragon Knight. Certain areas are marked No-Dragon Zones - to enter these magic barriers is to die, very quickly. We have to find ways to turn some of them off, or just hotfoot it.

Divinity22011-02-1609-35-36-55.jpg

One-way teleporters also exist in locations around the fjords. The Champions used to use them for their various outposts before recent troubles, and this is the easy way in to most no-dragon areas.

Divinity22011-02-1609-36-21-20.jpg

We pick up several quests from the Champions' harbour outpost. Apparently there is a particularly fiersome goblin clan in the fjords that has shot down many zeppelins - we need to hunt down wyvern nests where they might have taken useful zeppelin parts. Because wyverns are genetically related to magpies in this world. :) Suffice to say that this took about half an hour of combing every inch of the bloody fjords.

Divinity22011-02-1609-41-30-69.jpg

We are also given the mission to find some Champion soldiers who went to investigate a troll infestation in a nearby village, and to assassinate the leader of the said goblin tribe. Let it never be said that Manny ever turned down paid work - we could never betray the Capitalist Ethic.

---------------------

We are still a fair way behind how much I've played. On one hand there's way too much to show in chronological detail, but on the other, I don't want to rush the SS too much because it makes it seem disjointed. Tomorrow we'll look at many of the side missions in the fjords, roughly organised into interesting bits and major quest happenings.

(Majek: Yes, Q to turn into Dragon, U to teleport to battle tower. can't believe I missed 1/3 of the skills, though...)