Offical Website updates/expanded

I must wonder, though, why everyone is so quick to follow her? In Dragon Age Loghain was a war hero, but in this game I'm not sure why Kassynder is so well loved when she apposes their prince so openly (I don't know... Maybe he is a terrible ruler?). I will be looking forward to the info regarding that stuff later on. :p

She's a blood mage.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

I must wonder, though, why everyone is so quick to follow her? In Dragon Age Loghain was a war hero, but in this game I'm not sure why Kassynder is so well loved when she apposes their prince so openly (I don't know... Maybe he is a terrible ruler?). I will be looking forward to the info regarding that stuff later on. :p

She's a blood mage.

It all makes sense now... After all, everyone knows that all blood mages are automatically evil, no matter what their intentions are. :)

The third page of Odo's journal is up. The more I read about Jeyne kassynder, the more she reminds me of the Teyrn Loghain from Dragon Age. That's fine be me since I loved hating that guy, heh. I must wonder, though, why everyone is so quick to follow her? In Dragon Age Loghain was a war hero, but in this game I'm not sure why Kassynder is so well loved when she apposes their prince so openly (I don't know... Maybe he is a terrible ruler?). I will be looking forward to the info regarding that stuff later on. :p

Because she didn't previously. And she doesn't remind me really of loghain from what I gather. Its not even really the same archetype as theyre reasons for the coup seem to be mighty different. Not to mention Jaynes doesn't seem to be loyal to Ehb as a kingdom.

From what I gather through the timeline she gathered loyal support to the point where she could influence things strongly. Then she took out the loyal military (Legion) by playing them out against the populace and monarchie through blaming the kings death on them. (How she managed that, we'll see). And for the last part was the loudest most present mouth against the legion which wins the majority over. After she gained the remaining power she goes openly against the remaining princes (probably through another sheme) and the kingdom collapses. Thats when the game beins.

Its actually not a bad plan.

Edit: Ahhh, just read it. Yeah, another sheme. (Or not)

Edit2: Sadly, the entry makes it a little unclear if she plans to take the throne for herself or just destroy the kingdom right there. Seems to contradict a bit with the timeline.

Edited by C2B

From what I gather through the timeline she gathered loyal support to the point where she could influence things strongly. Then she took out the loyal military (Legion) by playing them out against the populace and monarchie through blaming the kings death on them. (How she managed that, we'll see).

Edit2: Sadly, the entry makes it a little unclear if she plans to take the throne for herself or just destroy the kingdom right there. Seems to contradict a bit with the timeline.

From what I remember of the time line, Jeyne wasn't the one who originally blamed the Legion, it was the King's family. Most notably because the King was paranoid and extremely wary of the Legion. Jeyne acted on this and lead the hunt for the Legion.

It seems clear to me that Jeyne wants to control the whole of Ehb, but she's not interested in the throne itself. She's the head of the Azunite church, and it's through the Azunites that she wants to hold power, creating a new system for the country.

From what I gather through the timeline she gathered loyal support to the point where she could influence things strongly. Then she took out the loyal military (Legion) by playing them out against the populace and monarchie through blaming the kings death on them. (How she managed that, we'll see).

From what I remember of the time line, Jeyne wasn't the one who originally blamed the Legion, it was the King's family. Most notably because the King was paranoid and extremely wary of the Legion. Jeyne acted on this and lead the hunt for the Legion.

It seems clear to me that Jeyne wants to control the whole of Ehb, but she's not interested in the throne itself. She's the head of the Azunite church, and it's through the Azunites that she wants to hold power, creating a new system for the country.

From the timeline

Fall of the 10th Legion. The young and charismatic Jeyne Kassynder calls a crusade against the Legion, naming them murderers and kingslayers. Thousands of people rise up to sack the Legion's chapterhouses and slaughter the legionnaires in the streets. Grand Master Hugh Montbarron makes a final stand in the Rukkenvahl, but he and his legionnaires are slain by Jeyne Kassynder.

There were already tensions before though with Hendrik sezing Legion properties.

Edited by C2B

I wouldn't be surprised if Jeyne, in an unexpected twist, will turn out to be another Azunai Reborn, like the main hero from DS2, but more evil than good.

But unlike the hero from DS2, Jeyne knows what she is, and henceforth can harness mystical powers that the hero from DS2, in his/her ignorance, never had access to.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Jeyne doesn't sound like Loghaine, Loghaine's main motivation was that he was a Fereldan patriot. The Legion sounds like the Templars. Liking what I'm seeing of the setting so far.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

I wouldn't be surprised if Jeyne, in an unexpected twist, will turn out to be another Azunai Reborn, like the main hero from DS2, but more evil than good.

But unlike the hero from DS2, Jeyne knows what she is, and henceforth can harness mystical powers that the hero from DS2, in his/her ignorance, never had access to.

Hmmm... That would be pretty damn awesome. =O But then again, where there's an Azunai, there has to be a Zaramoth...

• 2 weeks later...

I think all that stuff about 'benefiting' the host player is pretty disingenious really.

Seriously, what benefits? Since when do you play co-op for 'benefits'? When you play Halo coop do you complain that you can't bring your Master Chief's weapons with you into multiplayer? What? O_o

Again, I think in the probable absence of a 'persistent' multiplayer, it doesn't matter at all who gets the 'benefits', there are no 'benefits'.

I'm inclined to agree with Tigranes on this. It'd be a much different story if the game was a sort of persistant server (as seen in the NWN games), a world that you continously could log in to. But for co-op as seen in this game? Just don't really see what the fuzz is about.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

I'm inclined to agree with Tigranes on this. It'd be a much different story if the game was a sort of persistant server (as seen in the NWN games), a world that you continously could log in to. But for co-op as seen in this game? Just don't really see what the fuzz is about.

The fact that there is a big fuss about it in the first place should show that persistent multiplayer characters are important to the majority of people who play multiplayer RPGs. =P I will buy this game regardless, but it is kind of sad for me to say that I'm more excited about Torchlight 2's multiplayer than Dungeon Siege 3's at this point...

I dont know what to thjink anymore. I just read another new interview and the devs there say that in co-op only the host gets everything:

http://www.co-optimus.com/article/5909/new...iled-again.html

:p

I don't read that. At All. In Question A: He states that the level stays on the host game (which only makes sense, since you know level-scaling) (And its about local co-op)

In Question B: He states the savegames stay with the host. Which also can just mean level progress.

Both Questions and Answers do in no way talk about benefits the joining player may receive by playing for his own host game or in general. Though, Multiplayer-Achievements have been confirmed already.

Also @hopfrog Considering Torchlight 2 will be a multiplayer focused game anyway. Yeah, I think you should have before this "news".

Edited by C2B

Also @hopfrog Considering Torchlight 2 will be a multiplayer focused game anyway. Yeah, I think you should have before this "news".

Heh... Trust me, I've felt this way long before his post (probably since I first heard the"rumors"). It's just sad for me to see my favorite multiplayer RPG franchise go this route as far as the multiplayer goes (and modding, of course). Plus, I think the lack of new good multiplayer RPGs (not including the ones that have yet to be released) right now is driving me up the wall, heh.

Heh... Trust me, I've felt this way long before his post (probably since I first heard the"rumors"). It's just sad for me to see my favorite multiplayer RPG franchise go this route as far as the multiplayer goes (and modding, of course). Plus, I think the lack of new good multiplayer RPGs (not including the ones that have yet to be released) right now is driving me up the wall, heh.

While, I can understand that. DS was also never really meant, even by its creators, to be a muiltiplayer focused ARPG. Thats why DSII went also out of its way to improve the singleplayer. If I remember correctly the multiplayer map of the first game came in late during its development.

Not really an expansion, but the character models were changed for what looks like real-life models shots :thumbsup: . Not too sure about some of them :

http://www.dungeonsiege.com/characters.php

And as a result, the Japanese website is the only one where we can see the original model that was intended for Reinhart. I am officialy asking the powers that be to include a switch so that we can go from the models-shot to the in-game models!

Edited by Sannom