Offical Website updates/expanded

Movie wasn't bad, a nod towards the game but not exactly canon.

Gah PC claptrap. Outside Hollywood girls don't wield swords (mostly). I really hope I don't get stuck playing a girl. I've got the game pre-ordered via Amazon, which means I won't get it until 'til about June but 4 characters only and at least one girl. Obsidian needs to release some really convincing preview info. The graphics are sweet but I'm not interested in staring at a sweetly rendered girls backside for 24 hours or however long the game takes to clock. Actually I'm not interested in staring at a guys backside either but at least that's easier to tune out :)

oO

Anyway

A little unrelated but someone uploaded a youtube version of the 4players video

Edit: Also I'm pretty sure big boobs girl is the gunslinger.

Edited by C2B

• 1 month later...
DSIII facebook

A once great hero of the 10th Legion turned fugitive, Odo documents his attempts to evade Jayne Kassynder's army while locating the children of slain Legionnaires. Read of his harrowing adventures each week in a new journal entry exclusively on www.dungeonsiege.com/odos-journal.php

So he's writing this stuff down so that in case he gets caught his friends will also be executed? Also, are mastiffs hounds, or are those different hounds that are baying?

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

DSIII facebook

A once great hero of the 10th Legion turned fugitive, Odo documents his attempts to evade Jayne Kassynder's army while locating the children of slain Legionnaires. Read of his harrowing adventures each week in a new journal entry exclusively on www.dungeonsiege.com/odos-journal.php

So he's writing this stuff down so that in case he gets caught his friends will also be executed? Also, are mastiffs hounds, or are those different hounds that are baying?

Its his journal. I'd think he would burn or at least dispose of it if he gets found.

Also considering he clearly refers to his pursuers in context when he speaks about the hounds. Yes, the massif are the hounds.

Edited by C2B

I was being sacastic, a mastiff is not a hound. And instead of trying to escape while he still has time, he'd turn his attention to destroying the journal, eating it may be? Doesn't make sense.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

I was being sacastic, a mastiff is not a hound. And instead of trying to escape while he still has time, he'd turn his attention to destroying the journal, eating it may be? Doesn't make sense.

No, there are dozens of ways to dispose of documents very fast. Eating is one of them. This is not even some obscure tactic. During wars, especially for messenger/scouts this was/is common practice. I don't really see whats so weird about it.

About the hound. Well, yes. If we are only speaking about the british mastiff. Do we exclude crossbreads for example? Also, its a fantasy world. So, its pretty excusable.

Edited by C2B

Hmmm... Interesting... I might be wrong, but weren't the farmlands south of Stonebridge where you started in the first game?

Thats what the text says?

But now we've reached the gates of Stonebridge, and we've decided not to enter the city, after all. The people of Stonebridge murdered every legionnaire within the walls, and now I hear rumors of unrest in the streets. I plan to head south, instead, to the farmlands and the coast.

>_<

Edited by C2B

I don't see what in that quote indicates that those farmlands are where the first game started >_< .

Misread his question. Nevermind. Also, I'm pretty sure the first game started in the farmlands.

Edited by C2B

I don't see what in that quote indicates that those farmlands are where the first game started >_< .

Misread his question. Nevermind. Also, I'm pretty sure the first game started in the farmlands.

I was just curious if the farmlands mentioned were those specific farmlands. =) If so, maybe that means it's a place we might be able to visit in the game? Would be interesting to see it for fans of the franchise, though I doubt it would look anything like it did originally (especially since so much time has gone by in the continent of Ehb). I'm just curious to see how all these different places I'm familiar with have changed according to Obsidian's artists. To be honest, the effort and detail put into the artistry of this game is my favorite aspect of DS3 so far, so that's perfectly fine with me. The atmosphere was my favorite aspect of the first game too, so I'm glad to see Obsidian continuing that tradition whether that was their intention or not, heh. =)

Edited by hopfrog16

• 2 weeks later...

The description of Katarina is up on the site :

http://www.dungeonsiege.com/characters-katarina.php

So she is Lucas' half-sister, he? The 'illegitimate child' seems to be a trope that comes out a lot in fantasy RPGs lately, no? It also clears things up a little about the kind of magic she uses : curses to weaken the enemy, and enchanted bullets to lay the hurt on them!

I'm going to bet that the last character to be revealed will be a descendant of the Gunderic family. They weren't mentioned in the time-line for nothing, me thinks!

Edited by Sannom

So she is Lucas' half-sister, he? The 'illegitimate child' seems to be a trope that comes out a lot in fantasy RPGs lately, no? It also clears things up a little about the kind of magic she uses : curses to weaken the enemy, and enchanted bullets to lay the hurt on them!

That raises the question: is there banter in the game?

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Not sure if there'll be any full-blown banter like in Dragon Age or whatever but we know that companions will comment on certain areas and such when going through them. Some of it may be character-sensitive, I remember that New York demo where Lucas and Anjali were fighting together, they open a chest and find a piece of armor inside. And Anjali said something like "I'm sure that'll look more flattering on me than you."

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

The third page of Odo's journal is up. The more I read about Jeyne kassynder, the more she reminds me of the Teyrn Loghain from Dragon Age. That's fine be me since I loved hating that guy, heh. I must wonder, though, why everyone is so quick to follow her? In Dragon Age Loghain was a war hero, but in this game I'm not sure why Kassynder is so well loved when she apposes their prince so openly (I don't know... Maybe he is a terrible ruler?). I will be looking forward to the info regarding that stuff later on. :)

I don't know if she reminds me of Loghain as a character, especially her age, but I definitely think there will be a choice like the one in Dragon Age, about killing her or seeking her support.

As for her charisma... I'm betting she's an Archon. Hence the 'divine gifts' she was said to have at a young age.

Only the US version. The English language site's still missing it.

The description of Katarina is up on the site :

http://www.dungeonsiege.com/characters-katarina.php

I'm going to bet that the last character to be revealed will be a descendant of the Gunderic family. They weren't mentioned in the time-line for nothing, me thinks!