FO: NV (DLC)

Rosbjerg

Maybe Lonesome Road will start after the player talked to House, so he is far enough into the main story to know what is going on.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Avellone's LI profile updated

Fallout: New Vegas DLC: Dead Money, Old World Blues, Lonesome Road (Project Director/Creative Lead Designer)

And to add to this, Josh mentioned on the SA forums that he is the Project Director for Honest Hearts.

EDIT: Dangit, beaten!

Edited by Starwars

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Btw. does someone get the new Qore playstation magazine (03.05.)? It was said there will be some Old World Blues information in it.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

It'd be so weird if we got meaty details on Old World Blues before Honest Hearts.

I'm pretty interested in what level ranges they aim for. It would seem logical for them to continue the progression *after* Dead Money since Dead Money hints so much at things to come, I imagine it'd be weird to play the Lonesome Road and then Dead Money afterwards due to the hints in Dead Money...

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Anyone hear anything about a DLC compilation on disk being released at all? Or perhaps some super duper deluxe New Vegas edition with newest patches, dlcs etc?

Maybe a holiday release? I'd happily buy it again to have all of this in one new shiny box.

You won't hear about such a thing early. It would gut the initial sales by encouraging people to wait.

It'd be like announcing sale prices a month in advance. There's no incentive to the seller.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Related: I bought a new motherboard two days ago, which came today. Fiddled around with it, kicked my old one out and reinstalled all driver turf. Now FNV runs perfect, no sound stuttering, no bluescreens anymore, etc. DLCs can come now. :>

I'll guess due to the DM endings. It's said that your companions couldn't find you anymore, waited at the well, etc. Though, I personally don't care, as I see no reason to go back to the Sierra Madre. That's why I now wonder if there will be "something to do" post-endgame of the dlcs or if their landscape will somehow change based on their endings. It really sucks to go back somewhere and nothing of your actions can be seen.

Btw. I finished DM again yesterday and I noticed that I can't drag the gold bars anymore. Was this changed with the latest patch? If so, great! Drag-abusers shall die in pain. :> (They should learn what was to learn: To let go.)

Edited by Lexx

Finally.

The music was already in Dead Money, wasn't it? Sounds pretty familiar.

What I see looks good, even though the first scenes over the mountains looks a tad too comic-esque. The later "close captures" are better.

New screenshots.

Wonder how wide and open the location will be.

Edit:

Via NeoGAF:

http://www.linkedin.com/in/gearsoflore

World Builder/Designer - Fallout: New Vegas DLC: Dead Money

Obsidian Entertainment

Privately Held; 51-200 employees; Computer Games industry

August 2010 – October 2010 (3 months)

Designed several world spaces. Propped, cluttered, and scripted both interiors and exteriors.

Created stealth levels

Scripted encounters and set up AI behaviors

Taught navmesh basics to several interns

World Builder/Designer - Fallout: New Vegas DLC: Honest Hearts

Obsidian Entertainment

October 2010 – December 2010 (3 months)

Built the world; created the height map, sculpted and painted terrain

Designed, propped, and cluttered two areas

Scripted encounters, set up AI behaviors and factions

Implemented quests

Baked LoDs and props

Lead World Builder/Designer - Fallout: New Vegas DLC: Old World Blues

Obsidian Entertainment

November 2010 – April 2011 (6 months)

Oversaw the world building work of two interns

Designed and created the world, everything from the height map to the world layout

Blocked out all secondary locations and one primary location

Propped out and optimized many of the secondary locations

Wrote scripted encounters, modified the encounter system and implemented quests

Set up special encounters and mini-bosses

Finalized and optimized navmesh

Baked props and LoDs

Looks like Old World Blues could be big.

Edited by Bendu

51-200 employees

That's, uh... quite a range.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."