Eastern European RPGs - which is the least horrible?

If you spent time behind the iron curtain, you're in eastern europe. Thats the rule.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Well, to be honest. I named this topic like this because "german and eastern-european RPGs.." didnt fit in the title. And not everyone knows what is defined as a GRPG.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Well, to be honest. I named this topic like this because "german and eastern-european RPGs.." didnt fit in the title. And not everyone knows what is defined as a GRPG.

Since when is GRPG even a defined gerne?

It's like the first time I've heard of it.

He made it up a month or so ago, but it describes a series of games pretty well. So we let him get away with it.

I can totally refudiate that.

Eastern and Western Europe haven't exactly been clearly defined throughout history. The Rhine and the Danube was really the most logical border between east and west, and it is only recently that it became a political division with the Iron Curtain.

edit: Sorophx, 78% of the population of Russia lives in the designated European area. It is referred to as Eurasia, if we want to be technical.

The Rhine seems to me to be a bit too much to the West to be a valid limit between western and eastern Europe. Former DDR, former Tchekoslovakia, Hungaria, Rumania are in central Europe. After that you can think about considering eastern Europe. But even there, like in some parts of Poland, this is still very central european.

You can sum up things by just considering that :

- Western Europe is the part of Europe where countries consider that the invasions come from the East.

- Eastern Europe is the part of Europe where countries consider that the invasions come from the West.

- Central Europe is the part of Europe where countries consider that the invasions come from the West and the East.

Of course, Central Europe suffered a lot more.

Eastern and Western Europe haven't exactly been clearly defined throughout history. The Rhine and the Danube was really the most logical border between east and west, and it is only recently that it became a political division with the Iron Curtain.

edit: Sorophx, 78% of the population of Russia lives in the designated European area. It is referred to as Eurasia, if we want to be technical.

The Rhine seems to me to be a bit too much to the West to be a valid limit between western and eastern Europe. Former DDR, former Tchekoslovakia, Hungaria, Rumania are in central Europe. After that you can think about considering eastern Europe. But even there, like in some parts of Poland, this is still very central european.

- Western Europe is the part of Europe where countries consider that the invasions come from the East.

- Eastern Europe is the part of Europe where countries consider that the invasions come from the West.

- Central Europe is the part of Europe where countries consider that the invasions come from the West and the East.

And some of the countries like my Switzerland don't give a crap about any invasion.

:p

There really isn't a right or wrong answer here, all I'm saying is those are all political delineations that have not existed all that long. The Rhine and the Danube marked the eastern border of the Roman Empire. For centuries it was a very clear divider between the Roman civilization and barbarian masses.

East and West is much more a political border, less a geographical one. Hungary or Czech Republic for instance are Central Europe, but because of their ties with the Soviet past, they are considered Eastern Europe.

Here we just tend to divide it into europe and eastern europe, where the latter is any country that was part of the warzaw pact. And no, we dont count russia/belarus/ukraine to be a part of any Europe

Edited by Kaftan Barlast

Here we just tend to divide it into europe and eastern europe, where the latter is any country that was part of the warzaw pact. And no, we dont count russia/belarus/ukraine to be a part of any Europe

Here being where? And why don't you consider Russia, Belarus or Ukraine a part of Europe?

Psychological borders, the cold war, that kind of thing.

Geographic barriers, Russia it's actually in Asia, Europe ideologically and if you want to compromise Eurasia.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

According to Wikipedia Russia is in the European continent. It's continual land mass though, so where does Asia start.

From Wikipedia:

is a state in northern Eurasia

Personally I think that Peter the Great efforts to make Russia a part of Europe last to this day. But there are many differences between Russia and Europe, mostly geographical that puts them at odd.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif