Deus Ex 3

Pidesco

And that discovering routes around enemies will also award xp... so bypassing combat is just as rewarding as plotting complete kill/ko zones...

Of course, how well that'll work with letting you wander back and forth...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

That's true. I guess that's a part of the trade-off of opening the game world up, it makes it harder to account for all the possible exploits. It has to come down to the player at some point though surely, I mean if I avoid everything in an area then come back to knock out and later kill them all surely I'm responsible for unbalancing myself? Hopefully we're blowing it out of proportion though, I mean it's an RPG so they're going to be accounting for varying levels when they design quests anyway simply because not everyone does every quest or in the same order.

Edited by Serrano

Avoiding combat XP bonus disables XP from the baddies you avoided?

Seriously, it's not that hard thinking up solutions how to fix such 'exploits'. Integrating them may be something else though... :(

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Yay. But i still have to wait to wait again. xD

Relish these moments, this is the romance. Where our beloved game teases us, make us wait until finally the day comes where you are at the store and the clerk says "would that be debit or credit" and you 2 are joined happily ever after. Soon after it comes there crushing revelation that married life sucks and the game you courted for so long is not who you think it was.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Wouldn't be surprised if the game turns out totally linear and heavily scripted, ya know, the anti-Deus Ex stuff.

If the level design sucks, the whole game will suck.

Well as long as you go by the first "proper" mission that all the reviewers have been harping on about and not the "trainee/introductory to the basics" section pre-augmented character.. It certainly sounds as if there's a lot of variety and pathways through the level.

So if they keep that up through the rest of it...

Also, for the random note of potential interest, JJB has always loved the original Versalife level design and apparently pushed for that style of multiple pathways.

No kill = No corpse looting.

Has that actually been confirmed or just a guess?

I was taking the logic that you get more xp because of the added risk of opponents being re-awakened by other enemies..

After all, if they're unconscious, there's nothing really stopping you from rifling their bodies..

I hope such horrible logic isn't in the game or I will fear the worst...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

I was taking the logic that you get more xp because of the added risk of opponents being re-awakened by other enemies..

After all, if they're unconscious, there's nothing really stopping you from rifling their bodies..

It was actually something that was brought up in the gamebanshee preview. There was a comment about extra XP being awarded with a "Ghost" tag which I assume is for getting through an area completely unseen. I'm just guessing, but I wouldn't think you'd get that bonus if you went around knocking everyone out with stealth takedowns.

The reason for the extra stealth XP is probably a combination of factors.

It was actually something that was brought up in the gamebanshee preview. There was a comment about extra XP being awarded with a "Ghost" tag which I assume is for getting through an area completely unseen. I'm just guessing, but I wouldn't think you'd get that bonus if you went around knocking everyone out with stealth takedowns.

The reason for the extra stealth XP is probably a combination of factors.

Ah I was more referring to if you ko someone, you should still be able to loot them..

One of the reviews talked about how killing someone gets you 10xp, but knocking them out was worth 20xp...

Although I could almost foresee some twinkies seeing if they could farm xp that way by knocking them out, waiting for them to be woken up then go back to ko them once more...

The thought process was probably "we forgot his birthday, let's make it up." Seriously, who would complain about having portable weapons built into them? I wouldn't.

But just imagine how much of hassle TSA would give you.

Everything was beautiful. Nothing hurt.

Hm, wonder what exciting new features and changes they'll make.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

i like that date, I'm soooo looking forward to this

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Release date is the 26th of August. It seems so far away. :p

I hope it takes a long long time to get here: by AUgust 26th summer is almost over, and I can't handle another winter right now. :)

I'm looking forward to a long hot slow summer.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Release date is the 26th of August. It seems so far away. :p

I hope it takes a long long time to get here: by AUgust 26th summer is almost over, and I can't handle another winter right now. :)

I'm looking forward to a long hot slow summer.

I don't know what crazy planet you live on but DX:HR will be coming out at the end of winter. :)