Deus Ex 3

Pidesco

Publisher pressure probably means more boobs and explosions

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Nah, the publishers loved DX so much they're pressuring them to not make any mistakes!

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

"Hurry up and get it out the door bceause we need to recoup some investment!"

"and put some more boobs in!" >_<

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Jensen will be female. And a special augmentation coming as DLC.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

probably more like "we need this to be a hit, if its not you will never work in this town again, oh and btw... the latest build we saw sucked and if you don't fix it you will never work in ANY town again."

well, those would be the two emails I would least want to receive in his shoes, particularly back to back...

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

probably more like "we need this to be a hit, if its not you will never work in this town again, oh and btw... the latest build we saw sucked and if you don't fix it you will never work in ANY town again."

well, those would be the two emails I would least want to receive in his shoes, particularly back to back...

Honestly though, at this point with all the hype and the trailers and what not, can the game not be a hit?

Even if it's terrible it will still probably move a couple million copies, minimum.

Something Awful pointed out this errant tweet from DE:HR producer David Anfossi:

20110212deusex.png

No idea what it really means, but he seems not to have followed it up with anything negative over the last few days.

Now I skeered.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Honestly though, at this point with all the hype and the trailers and what not, can the game not be a hit?

Even if it's terrible it will still probably move a couple million copies, minimum.

Hey, I can hope, can't I ?

Something Awful pointed out this errant tweet from DE:HR producer David Anfossi:

20110212deusex.png

No idea what it really means, but he seems not to have followed it up with anything negative over the last few days.

Now I skeered.

is that like a geekasm?

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

20110212deusex.png

Now I skeered.

is that like a geekasm?

No, it's like being scared, but so scared you revert to a 5 year old who can't say scared correctly.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

He sounds like a) a retard b) Russian c) someone who haven't slept 2 days.

It's probably c) working sprees are common for the last stages of a game.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

SE has set a release date for DS3, but not for DXHR yet. Don't expect it to come out prior Autumn then.

Or maybe the two are just getting their dates set on a different principle, DXHR being done by an in-house team etc.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

• 2 weeks later...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

What I liked was that it pretty much came across as all the different reviewers had tried different combinations of game-play. Yes, stealthy to a greater or lesser degree, but it does seem as if there's a lot of variation in approach and just what's allowed within the game..

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."