It's BLOPS! time biiaaaatches!

call-of-duty-black-ops.jpg

So, who else is sittig around staring at a "The steam servers are currently too busy to handle your request, please try again later" while waiting to play?

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

download it from someone via a torrent client and activate. or do you mean the Steam client itself isn't working?

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Oooh, I hadnt thought of that! The excitement and the fact that al my friends are playing it right now lowered my IQ due to stress

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Let me know what the campaign is like. I've religiously avoided all Call of Honor games since the third one, Call of Duty 2. But I hear this one has Zork!

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

COD4 and MW2 are the only really good ones, although CoD1 was interesting when it came because of the way they stole scenes from war movies and let you play them

Call of Duty 1 felt like I was playing Medal of Honor Allied Assault a second time. Just without the kickass infiltration segment. But that's all irrelevant really.

I see so much good stuff about these, but since so much of what I hear about is multiplayer focused and from people who think Halo has good multiplayer, I can't help but be skeptical to an extreme.

Edited by Tale

Oh yeah, well you go online and play a game or two against [APA] and we'll see how superior you feel... biatch*

*term added for a more realistic 'teh intrawebz' feeling

Edited by Kaftan Barlast

Oh yeah, well you go online and play a game or two against [APA] and we'll see how superior you feel... biatch*

No thanks, I only play online games with people who've passed puberty. :p

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

No thanks, I only play online games with people who've passed puberty. :p

High five!

So, how often do you play TF2?

Let me know what the campaign is like. I've religiously avoided all Call of Honor games since the third one, Call of Duty 2. But I hear this one has Zork!

Wtf is Zork?

All of my hatred. :p

Apparently Steam has caused some kind of bug which results in severe framerate hickups, so the game is not entirely playable yet. The only way to fix it, is to run steam in offline mode and just play singleplayer.

Also, Treyarch decided it was a good idea to enable the lean feature again, which disrupts the hit detection and opens up a whole can of possible abuse and exploits. You can flipflop lean left-right and be impossible to hit ;)

Everyone's getting super excited about Call of Duty - except Morgoth.

What is just wrong with uncle Morgoth? ;)

Everyone? Every second post in this thread is from Kaftan. :p

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

And I only bought it because all my friends did so I wouldnt be ostracized. The truth is that its a decent shooter, nothing special and nothing to wet your pants about. Its alot better than the new Medal of Honor though.

Everyone's getting super excited about Call of Duty - except Morgoth.

What is just wrong with uncle Morgoth? o:)

You have taste. :lol:

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

And I only bought it because all my friends did so I wouldnt be ostracized.

I always wondered what gamers say when publishers run focus-groups to figure out

what kind of games people want..

:lol:

The multiplayer is the only reason you would want this game, and the reason I got it. We got bored playing MW2 all the time so we thought we'd try this.

Gametrailers review of Black Ops. I had no idea what Tale was talking about mentioning Zork. There is even a hidden top down arcade game that I'm going to have to find and it looks awesome!

The review is a bit idiotic at points. Story hard to follow because it flips between soldiers? The game has 2 major characters and 2 minor characters! Everything is spelled out in the end and it was done quite well. They don't even mention the horrible respawning point during the Khe Sahn mission. I replayed the game today and I played much better except in the Khe Sahn respawn battle. It still took me about 10 tries to beat it on normal.