FO: NV (Spoilers)

Now I really really liked that they did the improved endings for the various factions, locations and characters.. It was one of the missing elements that was such a flaw in FO3... but the trouble is..having seen how they don't always match up with each other.. (ie, one thing saying you minimised chaos in an area causing this effect..while 2 seconds later another faction in the same area has to deal with the utter chaos...)

Between that, and that I picked up the Explorer perk at the last..and there were only about 10 or 15 places I hadn't found.. I just can't get into the mood to have another playthrough.. its nearly a week since I finished that first playthrough and I just can't find the oomph to go back again...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Uh? There weren't contradictions between the endings in my playthrough. Care to elaborate?

Hm, I got specific mention of how the chaos was minimilised and there was little loss of life around New Vegas one moment.. then it followed up with how Freeside became one of the safest places in the area but outside it was quite dangerous.. followed by how the Followers of the Apocalypse at Fort Mormon (which as you may all recall is in Freeside).. was swamped by the surrounding chaos and troubles and hurt people...

Little things like that.. which felt just a tad contradictory to me...

Edit: Although I'm wondering if the last has something to do with whether you get Gannon to embrace his past rather then focus on the doctoring side of htings...

Edited by Raithe

My hindsight interpretation of the Followers situation is that they were overwhelmed by the chaos of the battle. But Freeside becomes safe afterwards. This comes about because of things Arcade says towards the end of his quest.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I had comments about how the NCR wiped out the NCRCR, and on the very next slide I was informed of how the Powder Gangers terrorized the area for some time.

Yeah, I think the Powder Gangers depends on how you deal with the part of the gang that moved into the Vault.. um. 34 was it?

My hindsight interpretation of the Followers situation is that they were overwhelmed by the chaos of the battle. But Freeside becomes safe afterwards. This comes about because of things Arcade says towards the end of his quest.

That kind of feels too..immediate. They've always seemed to push the long term view of consequences rather then the "immediately after" view.

Of course, that's just my perception. :shifty:

I had comments about how the NCR wiped out the NCRCR, and on the very next slide I was informed of how the Powder Gangers terrorized the area for some time.

Yeah, I think the Powder Gangers depends on how you deal with the part of the gang that moved into the Vault.. um. 34 was it?

Yeah, there are two slides for the Powder Gangers. The first involves those at the NCRCF and the second one is about the ones in the vault.

Thanks for reminding me about the Vault. One of the two remaining Vaults for me to conquer.

ugh, seems I missed a Vault. it's certainly not 34, that one's swarming with ghouls. it's not 3, 11 or 22 either...

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Chaos erupting in Westside, North Vegas Square, the underground... it would be quite a lot to manage for the Followers. :shifty: Even with a safe Strip.

Nah, I'd kept Westside safe and secure.. and supplied with water.. I had Helios One AND the Hoover Dam supplying power..

I'd basically gone with a lot of good karma, idolized by nearly every group.. but if I have a massive army of Mark 2 Securitons enforcing the peace..and ensuring chaos and loss of life is minimal in the New Vegas area.. even if you're not talking just the Strip..

It's not a huge thing, just ..seems a little jarring that it jumps from "time of chaos was short, loss of life was minimal" to the whole.."massive chaos and people needing treatment swamped.."

Someone just made me realize the one thing New Vegas is missing. A heist. Just think of the opportunities. Infiltration, subterfuge, guns blazing.

New Vegas isn't just the Strip. The Correctional Facility isn't the only base for the Powder Gangers (in fact, two bases are specifically mentioned in the ending slides). Though eh, I just finished one playthrough, so it may very well be that taking other routes will lead to conflicting endings.

When you don't know of it, it comes off sounding pretty strange. I did come across another vault but didn't have the explosive technology to deal with it.

When you have a slide saying that the NCR marginalizes the effectiveness of the powder gangers get immediately followed by how the powder gangers go on a reign of terror in the region, it comes across sounding a bit strange.

ugh, seems I missed a Vault. it's certainly not 34, that one's swarming with ghouls. it's not 3, 11 or 22 either...

It's to the south of the Vegas Strip.. the entrance is a manhole cover in the guard booth of a carpark up against a mountain.,..

When you don't know of it, it comes off sounding pretty strange. I did come across another vault but didn't have the explosive technology to deal with it.

When you have a slide saying that the NCR marginalizes the effectiveness of the powder gangers get immediately followed by how the powder gangers go on a reign of terror in the region, it comes across sounding a bit strange.

It could have been written better I guess. Personally the NCR didn't get control of the Correctional Facility in my playthrough, so the two slides went hand to hand (I never visited Vault 19 either).

Dear Diary

A pleasant sounding voice spoke through EDE today. It told me he was from Hidden Valley, he was interested in seeing my robot, and to meet some cronies of his at the REPCONN HQ. Boone argued against it of course. "It's probably a dirty Legion trap so they can get their hands on me." I had to remind Boone that the Legion weren't known for their technical prowess, and hacking into EDE wasn't their style. I was, as always, curious, and since it close to a trading post anyway, why not.

Dear Diary

REPCONN HQ uneventful, although the guard robots inside were a bit pushy about wanting to check ID's;they seemed unaware that all their employers were long dead. But I found a security badge on an old, moldering corpse and used that to make my way upstairs. On the executive floor, another annoying robot demanded not only a badge, but a verbal password check. Uh-oh. Boone leaned over and whispered in my ear: "Don't worry, I got your back." So I readied my weapons and took a stab in the dark at the password. "Uh....ICE CREAM?"

The security robot didn't even blink an eye receptor. "Thank you, please proceed. And have a nice day."

Boone gave me a funny look, and I mumbled, "Hunger and past dreaming. First thing came to mind." Boone shook his head. "First the gambling, now this. You have to be one of the luckiest bitches I've ever known." I just smiled.

Oh and the meeting? We found the guys, all right. Turns out they were Brotherhood, and they were dead. But I found a recording with a password on their bodies, so I think we can still get into that bunker in Hidden Valley. And of course I stripped the corpses of their power armor;they wouldn't need it anymore. I don't have Power Armor training and even if I did I wouldn't wear the stuff - power armor tends to chafe in all the wrong places - but it fetches a tidy sum in trade. I did try to get my companion to wear one, seeing as how he already had on a Recon suit, but of course Boone wouldn't consider it. He literally threw it on the floor in disgust in front of his feet, saying he refused to wear anything that might declare him as part of a faction he didn't belong to. Whatever...the trade price of the two armor suits, as well as the fancy laser gun I'd also found, would enable me to restock in style.

"Don't forget more .308 shells," Boone reminded me. "We're running a little low."

"Again? You do know that's a sniper rifle you have there, not a machine gun, right?"

Boone shrugged. "It saves your ass all the time, doesn't it, so don't complain."

New Vegas to shop, than off to Hidden Valley. I'm sure Boone will complain the entire way.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

It's to the south of the Vegas Strip.. the entrance is a manhole cover in the guard booth of a carpark up against a mountain.,..

thanks :shifty: but it's no use telling me now, I managed to miss it with the Explorer perk. I guess I just forgot about it

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Don't bother entering Vault 19 without a high Explosives skill. I couldn't finish the quest how I wanted and ended up helping the Powder gangers.

I killed some NCR Veteran rangers for their armour, and though it certainly looks nice enough, it's just too heavy for my playstyle.

Edited by virumor

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Question on the factions.

If I got totally anti-NCR, become villified and all that. Does that mean they will attack me on sight in the Strip?

EDIT: Also, a neat little touch I found... There's some creepy "whispering voices" thing going on if you visit Goodsprings Cemetary at night. Hard to hear without headphones but great touch.

Edited by Starwars

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

So I killed Benny, gave the platinum chip to Mr House who used it to upgrade his securitrons; after this, I disabled House and let Yes Man install himself. Now I'm supposed to go to the Fort (like Mr House had instructed me before he was disabled)... but the problem is, Mr House never gave me the platinum chip back after I finished his first quest... and nor does Yes Man give it back, he just keeps on giving me print-outs.

Am I missing something here?

Edited by virumor

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

So I killed Benny, gave the platinum chip to Mr House who used it to upgrade his securitrons; after this, I disabled House and let Yes Man install himself. Now I'm supposed to go to the Fort (like Mr House had instructed me before he was disabled)... but the problem is, Mr House never gave me the platinum chip back after I finished his first quest... and nor does Yes Man give it back, he just keeps on giving me print-outs.

Am I missing something here?

I never got it back either - but I could still finish the game without problems.

Fortune favors the bald.

Someone just made me realize the one thing New Vegas is missing. A heist. Just think of the opportunities. Infiltration, subterfuge, guns blazing.

That would have been a great oppertunity to cameo the car from Fallout 2. And the raid on the legion camp shows that firefights that large can be done in New Vegas. You're so right, maybe it'll be a DLC.

Edited by Serrano