Fallout: New Vegas

Gorth

They are signs of attempts at writing.

It seems that for new vegas obsidian just didn't bother.

Why exactly do you believe gamespot? There are multiple other sources that say the complete opposite.

Because I'm familiar with the reviewer and sadly in this case I'll take his word over all other gaming journalists combined.

Was there any DLC considered?

Maybe at least there is hope for small-scale story-driven addon.

I'm Angry that the Making of DVD is all the developer diaries put together and that the comic doesn't teach me anything new about the game.

The Crafting menu is annoying to navigate, how about you select a weapon and then see what you can craft for that weapon?

A button that highlights stuff you can pick-up would be nice(and recording the locations of plants assuming they respawn.).

Playing on a PS3 with no problems whatsoever.

It's not Christmas anymore but I've fallen in love with these two songs:

http://www.youtube.com/ watch?v=HXjk3P5LjxY

http://www.youtube.com/ watch?v=NJJ18aB2Ggk

"This game will unlock in approximately 23 hours". God damn it, I want it now.

I don't even get that.

I think we should form a secret tryst to find and slowly and painfully kill whoever is responsible for the European release date. We'd have to hurry though, if we don't get it done in the next 23 hrs we aren't gonna care anymore.

Mock if you must but I'm on christmas eve mode here. The anticipation is killing me.

Because I'm familiar with the reviewer and sadly in this case I'll take his word over all other gaming journalists combined.

R00fles!

"The large-scale combat scenarios are less epic, and the surprises are less dramatic than Fallout 3's mid-game reverie."

"The game is sometimes a bit opaque regarding how your actions may inadvertently affect the way a particular faction sees you, but this complexity manifests itself in awesome ways as you near the end of your travels."

"Judging by this guy's sneer, he just encounter one of this game's broken missions."

"The returning "bloody mess" perk may not have much gameplay significance, but it does result in limbs, heads, and other viscera flying through the air, which is often both gratifying and hysterical."

;)

post-15784-1287631212_thumb.jpg

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

I'm Angry that the Making of DVD is all the developer diaries put together

It's a vastly expanded version of developer diaries, so there is a lot of good new stuff in it. Also, the comic will give you a decent amount of background on lore, especially concerning Great Khans, NCR and Chairmen.

What, a journalist on Gamespot? That's the saddest thing I ever heard.

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

can't read... would it be possible to re-post the text?

am honest curious to hear what is the response to the seeming numerous xbox bugs/glitches/freezes that peoples is having. pc game bugs is kinda expected, but this is the worst xbox 360 experience we has ever had.

HA! Good Fun!

Someone earlier asked if we (Obsidian/Bethesda) knew about the PC bugs that people are currently experiencing. I can't comment on every bug, but I can comment on the higher profile ones:

* Auto/quicksaving bug - I can honestly say that we never saw that bug or heard it reported prior to release. I played the game primarily (and extensively) on the Xbox 360 and PC (I also played on the PS3, but not as much) and never saw anything like that. We are looking into it right now because obviously it's (very) bad.

* NVIDIA + water = lol - This is a known issue that was introduced with NVIDIA's drivers as of (I think) two revs ago. It can affect Fallout 3 as well. We are still discussing it with NVIDIA.

* NPC faces = slow framerate - I hadn't heard of this prior to launch, but I'm going to talk to Frank (our lead programmer) about it.

* CTD Apocalypse - CTDs are often very hard to diagnose, so honestly maybe we have seen "your" issue before, maybe we haven't. These are the hardest to figure out. My apologies. We have to take them on a case by case basis.

* Video Card N + Sound Card Y + This Driver = Death/Bad Framerate - Chances are high that we didn't know that a certain combination of hardware/drivers/some other software would result in something bad happening because, quite frankly, PC compatibility testing is logistically really, really, really hard. That's not an excuse, but I hope it serves as an explanation. Anything that seems to affect a significant number of users and is systemic is something we can hopefully look into.

Please don't take my lack of commentary on bugs to mean that I don't care about them. I just want to avoid hazarding guesses and doing remote amateur troubleshooting. Bethesda's support/testing teams are coordinating known bugs and new reported bugs through to us. I know it's frustrating. I hate seeing people experiencing bugs. We are addressing them as we learn more information about them.

Until yesterday I could look at the thread just fine, now I needed to copy-paste this from another source.

SomethingAwful is like a xenophobic enclave of the Internet. The **** I'm going to pay for membership.

So, it got unlocked in Australia one day earlier than planned because of the rash of broken street dates. Active locally now, though my copy is still someone in Portsmouth probably. (My copy of Alpha Protocol which I tossed into the same order as an afterthought arrived today though - but my SSD is full. Tragedy.)

Remember kids, crime does pay!

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Thread too long. Discussion continues in another thread.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat: