RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!

Gorth

I got the more "exact" recap on the bio boards, and frankly the DLC could be anything - including DLC that is going to be released either before or at the same time for the other platforms.

Apparently the introductory content is going to be in the form of an "interactive comic" (so that you can pick your key decisions for ME2).

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Apparently the introductory content is going to be in the form of an "interactive comic" (so that you can pick your key decisions for ME2).

that would be nice

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

that would be nice

Linky: http://social.bioware.com/forum/4/topic/81/index/5170462 (in German). My German's a bit rusty, but I think that's exactly what the first bullet point says. It also specifically mentions that Shadow Broker, Kasumi and Overlord are on-disc, then mentions "another mission with about 6 hours play time". NO WAY are Bio going to make a 6 hour exclusive mission for PS3, so IMO it's safe to assume that this is another piece of paid DLC to be released before or simultaneously with the PS3 release.

There's been a deep silence on the ME2 DLC front for two months now (the game had monthly DLC packs until Shadow Broker came out), but after the charlie foxtrot their forums were after the Shadow Broker announcement, I seriously doubt they are going to say ANYTHING until any future DLC is out of the approval process (like they did with the later DAO DLC).

Apparently the introductory content is going to be in the form of an "interactive comic".

Aren't Bio's games interactive comics anyway?

I dunno, are the tomb raider games?

I had the impression Tomb Raider was restyled (successfully I hear) into an isometric Crusader-style action game, so it doesn't sound like it.

what?! :thumbsup: no way... *googles*

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Heh, I'm doing some googling of my own since I didn't know much about it than vague news here and there. But looking at a gameplay trailer - yep, it looks like Crusader with local co-op multiplayer. No networked multiplayer is odd, whole game exudes old-fashionedness to an extent does.

I've never played any Tomb Raider games, but this would have tempted me if I actually had anyone to play with.

Edited by Humanoid

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Since it is getting closer to Christmas, I wonder if Santa Claus is going to hate me for wishing BitComposer a quick bankruptcy and a fast and ignominous end to their unhealthy infatuation with the JA2 corpse? :ermm:

Browsing around a bit for news about JA2, I stumbled across this farce (second post):

http://www.jaggedalliance.com/index.php?id...um_pi1

=11

Bye JA franchise, it was nice knowing you :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Eh, exactly as predicted, Gorth, exactly as predicted. :)

It's sad though.

Honestly, I thought it was forum troll trying to piss off 99.99% of potential buyers with a tasteless joke and somebody would clarify that their account had been hacked or some such :ermm:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Since it is getting closer to Christmas, I wonder if Santa Claus is going to hate me for wishing BitComposer a quick bankruptcy and a fast and ignominous end to their unhealthy infatuation with the JA2 corpse? :ermm:

Browsing around a bit for news about JA2, I stumbled across this farce (second post):

http://www.jaggedalliance.com/index.php?id...um_pi1

Bye JA franchise, it was nice knowing you :)

=11

Now that

Haha, coincidentally Jagged Alliance 2 is one of the only two games with turn-based combat I've enjoyed (the other being Silent Storm). Oh well.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Icewind Dale 2: Complete $9,99 on GOG.com.

What is the difference between Disc version of IWD 2 and the "Complete" version from GoG??? IWD2 had not any expansion pack, so i kinda do not understand what can be called complete on this game :)

EDIT: Meh, i just found out, it's just the Adventure Pack items... :(

Edited by Mamoulian War

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Icewind Dale 2: Complete $9,99 on GOG.com.

What is the difference between Disc version of IWD 2 and the "Complete" version from GoG??? IWD2 had not any expansion pack, so i kinda do not understand what can be called complete on this game :)

There was a "complete" edition released at one time (I bought the box back then), that has IWD, HoW, IWD2, Soundtracks and strategy guides included. Maybe this is the one referred to?

Edit: For some obscure reason TotL wasn't included, but I had that one from back when I bought HoW.

Haha, coincidentally Jagged Alliance 2 is one of the only two games with turn-based combat I've enjoyed (the other being Silent Storm). Oh well.

So you didn't like XCom?

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

So you didn't like XCom?

ha, took it right out of my mouth :) seriously though, X-Com (or UFO, w/e) has got to be the best TB-game and one of the best games of all time, JA2 is small time compared to this mammoth)

Edited by sorophx
Walsingham said:

So you didn't like XCom?

ha, took it right out of my mouth :) seriously though, X-Com (or UFO, w/e) has got to be the best TB-game and one of the best games of all time, JA2 is small time compared to this mammoth)

Not to take anything away from Xcom, but I'd put JA2 above it in regards to the actual TB combat. Of course, it came out much later and was refined after JA1 and Deadly Games, but it is still the king of TB squad tactical combat.

Xcom trumps JA2 by having an awesome strategic layer though, with research, base building, and all those other brilliant layers.

Speaking of JA2, unlike Gorth I have a small flicker of hope deep inside that Bitcomposer will turn out a decent remake of JA2.

edit: Dang, just read that plan and go thread. My flicker just dimmed considerably.

Edited by Hurlshot

I had the impression Tomb Raider was restyled (successfully I hear) into an isometric Crusader-style action game, so it doesn't sound like it.

what?! :) no way... *googles*

Is good too...

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!