What are you playing now

Gorth

I did a bit of Civ V with some friends who (in their infinite wisdom of "it's fun for me, it's fun for everyone!") set it to raging barbarians. I start out and do some exploration, and then loose my warrior to a barbarian and spend basically the rest of the game just with a single unimproved city producing military units while they expanded because I had two barb camps attacking me constantly. Any time I got close to them they'd spawn a single unit and stomp all over any unit I had that was about to smash one of their camps.

I (not having fun) quit (and they kinda... boggled at that) and am generally pissed at them for A) Setting it to raging barbarians without saying a word B) acting as if I would have fun with a total of 2 units for the entire game (my city and a solitary archer) and C) when I bitched basically just told me "go honor".

I wasn't wanting to do a military civ. I wanted a culture civ, but obviously that doesn't matter because I'm supposed to metagame the hell out of everything and go for military ALL THE TIME.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

That does seem to be a flaw in Civ V, with the schizo AI.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Starting a new game of Europa Universalis III (with all expansions).

This time playing Brandenburg, aiming for German reunification, Holy Roman Emperor and general world domination. Not a lot to do in the beginning, being in a personal union with Luxemburg. So, I just tweak my sliders slowly away from decentralisation and serfdom, adding a new unit when I can afford it and plan on which german state shall be liberated first when Jobst I of Luxemburg pulls a Norwegian Blue.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

That does seem to be a flaw in Civ V, with the schizo AI.

I think its not so much the AI as the design of the barbarians. Basically if you spot a barbarian encampment and don't deal with it fairly swiftly, you're boned because that sucker will start spitting out units that will steal your workers and smash anything coming for them. Raging barbs basically requires either a civ based around military (like Japan, or possibly the Aztecs) or forcing you to go Honor policies to get the bonus to your attack against them just so you can hold them off and take their encampment.

Honestly, I think they should tone back the Barbs a bit. Given they're changing it so that the world isn't constantly being covered in culture, the barbarians are going to have places to spawn almost at all times, but it feels like they're kinda similar to how they were in Civ IV but instead of just random units appearing, they appear at encampments all over the place.

back to trying out the Kivan mod for BG2

just got outta the underdark, so soon i'll see if i managed to do well enough to get whatshername resurrected before fighting ol' Jonny boy

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

I regret now that I put off playing Borderlands for so long! If I'd known how much fun it'd become once I leveled up a bit and got decent gear, I never would've shoved it aside for other games. Sniper rifle that does 300 damage, and a class mod that gives me regenerating sniper ammo. Booyah. Okay, I'm sure there are better weapons later in the game, but right now it's all I'm using.

Also, anyone who makes DLCs or even expansion packs for games should be forced to play the Zombie Island of Dr. Ned and take notes. That was awesome.

Mad Moxxi's Underdome not so much. It's brutal in single-player mode. I might go back to it after I finish the main game, but I might not. General Knoxx and the Robolucion will definitely be kept waiting til I find the vault.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

Playing now Commandos again. Finished the first three missions yesterday. Was pretty easy. Now that the 4th mission has started... it looks pretty complicated already.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Stopped playing Minecraft while I replayed The Witcher, but when I finished that Minecraft sucked me right back in. Got a lot more interesting landscape than the first time, it's full of natural caverns.

But I wouldn't use the word "interesting" for the hellhole I stumbled into while digging around in my mine today, I think words like "Tormentor of the Innocent" and "Ravager of Minds" sound more like it. Yeah, the place looks cool, with the underground magma lakes and waterfalls and all, BUT THERE'S ABOUT BILLION CREEPERS IN THERE!! :brows:

I regret now that I put off playing Borderlands for so long! If I'd known how much fun it'd become once I leveled up a bit and got decent gear, I never would've shoved it aside for other games. Sniper rifle that does 300 damage, and a class mod that gives me regenerating sniper ammo. Booyah. Okay, I'm sure there are better weapons later in the game, but right now it's all I'm using.

My shotty does 3.5k before my com and stuff. Its epic.

Just remember, if you took more than one shot, then you weren't using a Jakobs.

General Knoxx and the Robolucion will definitely be kept waiting til I find the vault.

The only reason to wait for Claptrap is 'cause it spoils the end (kinda). Its probably better before the epic level grind that is the last 10% of the game.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

I think I want to play Neverwinter Nights 2 again. I love that game.

I'm still hoping Obsidian does something else with Forgotten Realms, just so we can get more Mephasm.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I think I want to play Neverwinter Nights 2 again. I love that game.

I'm still hoping Obsidian does something else with Forgotten Realms, just so we can get more Mephasm.

And Ribsmasher... plenty of ribs left that needs smashing :)

Continuing my EUIII game. All the silly Luxemburg heirs have kicket the bucket and Brandenburgian nobility is next in line to inherit the throne of Brandenburg. Of course I get stuck with Europes longest serving monarh (40+ years as king now) :lol:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

My super-modded BG trilogy run has stalled around Spellhold because of I think the game starting to creak and lag under the strain of it all... but mainly because I'm absurdly addicted to PES 2011.

My copy of New Vegas will take a while to get here so I might dabble with Gothic 1 (I summon you, mkreku!), which I recently installed. It's hideous but pretty playable, and I actually liked the intro... I need to look up how to talk to people, though.

And here I was thing that PES was no longer anywhere near as good as fifa. Oh well, I hate football, so I ain't missing anything.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

Finished the Saboteur. Funny how much I loved this game even though I couldn't even get half way through GTA3... then again the setting is Paris during WWII. It's hard to go wrong with that in my book. It's a pity there won't be a sequel since EA apparently killed Pandemic.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Played vs left4dead with Ros, which made me realize how much I missed the new infected from L4D2 beacuse only being able to hunter, boomer or smoker was... boring.

I need to look up how to talk to people, though.

Face the NPC. Stand ****ing still. Press ctrl+forward. PROFIT.

Two buttons to talk to people? OH LORDLY LORD.

Gothic was originally planned to be keyboard controlled only. They added basic mouse controls very late in development. Great idea there, Piranha Bytes.

The weird thing is that there are still people begging Piranha Bytes to implement the "original Gothic controls" in every new game they've released since then. I am not one of those people.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Bleurgh, I've played about 15 minutes and it looks good, but I can't handle the texture tearing and super-slow-stuttering (lag with every dialogue line, too). I found a fix where you get yourself some old directx dlls and plant it in the Gothic folder which fixed the stuttering, but made the textures even worse, taking away whole swathes of the terrain.

I might need to wait for the next driver or try downgrading...

I need to look up how to talk to people, though.

Face the NPC. Stand ****ing still. Press ctrl+forward. PROFIT.

Two buttons to talk to people? OH LORDLY LORD.

Well, in Gothic 1 you do this while interacting with *everything* in the game world. Sooner or later you will get used to it. Gothic 2 made it a bit better tho'. I personally never played G1 or G2 with mouse and keyboard- always only with keyboard, because that's how I knew it from G1. Everything else felt wrong to me.

I was one of the few who wanted the original controls even in Gothic 3, but only because the mouse controls in Gothic 2 felt ****ty to me and yeah, if this would become the default way...

However, the keyboard + mouse controls in Risen are pretty good, imo. Don't want it to get changed anymore now.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Finished the main campaign of Borderlands last night.

That's it?? Killed the Destroyer, the screen goes white and the game just ends?? Bah. Lame endings are lame.

Anyway, 35th level Hunter, and put most points into the sniper skill tree. Caustic sniper rifles are awesome... erm, provided the enemies aren't immune. Still have two DLCs to play through and then debating whether to play a 2nd time with this character or start a new one.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.