Mindless Entertainment + High Quality = ???

Fun is shooting and hitting your enemy all the way across the map with the Gauss Rifle when you know that a miss will leave you helpless.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

You should be playing Farmville, then.

Or I could kick your ass at Liero.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

and I just installed Gothic 3 because people kept saying, "man, this is the best RPG since Fallout 2!" :shifty:

it IS demanding though, demands resourses... I played Starcraft 2 on high graphical settings and it was ok. then I start up Gothic 3 and it's a freeze-fest all of a sudden. wtf?

Well, whatever one's opinion of the content of Blizzard games is, they've always known how to optimise an engine. :p

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

yeah, 'cept for those horror stories about burnt graphics cards possibly linked to the lack of FPS limit in cutscenes in SC2

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

yeah, 'cept for those horror stories about burnt graphics cards possibly linked to the lack of FPS limit in cutscenes in SC2

That even beats the old POR 2: RoMD that wiped your hard drive upon uninstallation.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

sweet

Edited by Kaftan Barlast

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

That even beats the old POR 2: RoMD that wiped your hard drive upon uninstallation.

wow, I don't know what POR stands for, but I was able to scrape "ruins of myth drannor" (or w/e) up from the back of my mind, memory sure works in mysterious ways...

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

I liked the more sneaky Clear Sky that just corrupted its save files.

Right, I was thinking of older stuff.

Just Cause 2 and Red Faction: Guerrilla offer copious amounts of mindless entertainment.

But once you destroy everything in Guerilla, what next?

Though I did love that game. Destroy these two buildings!

*run into one, destroying stairs so nobody can follow*

*nuke the building next door*

*jump out window and nuke the first building*

*FLEEE*

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Casual World of Warcraft by that I mean dungeons and battlegrounds.

I thought WoW fit this trope well until I hit level 80 and started grouping with people. Healing is a great job the 10% of the time the tank is properly geared, the DPS does damage without grabbing aggro, and people remember that if they want me to heal them, I need mana.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Just Cause 2 and Red Faction: Guerrilla offer copious amounts of mindless entertainment.

*FLEEE*

Modders have actually created a

that is like a short range flamethrower that will reconstruct any destroyed buildings piece by piece. It's really fun to blow a hole in something and then seal it afterward to hide from the EDF. Also, for a while, it fun to just reconstruct things.

*FLEEE*

Yeah, I loved that game. Until I saw myself knee deep on EDF goons every mission, plus most of the upgrades are not that great, the sidequest and the main mission make no sense. But it has pretty destruction so everything is forgiven, :)

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Huh, I disagree. The POR one was virtually unavoidable.

Unless you have crap cooling or OC your card you shouldn't have any issues with Starcraft 2. Most games your pressing your videocard as hard as you can during the normal gameplay.

I wish there was a big mod scene for guerilla, the reconstructor sounds awesome but i feel like there could be so much fun stuff added to that game if there was a good/easy toolset to use. alas it was designed with console gamers in mind

i think the next time I play guerilla I will set out to destroy every single building in the game...

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

oh, I'm playing Ys: The Ark of *something*, I'm enjoying it quite a bit. reminds me of Chrono Trigger a little (too bad my PS2 won't play PS1 games anymore)

Walsingham said:

I wish there was a big mod scene for guerilla, the reconstructor sounds awesome but i feel like there could be so much fun stuff added to that game if there was a good/easy toolset to use. alas it was designed with console gamers in mind

i think the next time I play guerilla I will set out to destroy every single building in the game...

I'd say the mod scene is surprisingly large for a console game.

Also, the Wrecking Crew is an awesome pass-the-controller game for parties.