Poll suggests 1 in 5 Americans cannot make simple factual assessments

Walsingham

There is nothing wrong with polygamy.

I would call it a completely outdated practice. All the potential positive aspects are no longer relevant. Examples of outdated positives:

- One man can impregnate multiple woman, which is good because the population is low and there is a high infant mortality rate.

- Wealthy men are the only ones who can handle feeding a family, and if they can afford to feed more mouths, then they should for the betterment of the community.

I would call it a completely outdated practice. All the potential positive aspects are no longer relevant. Examples of outdated positives:

- One man can impregnate multiple woman, which is good because the population is low and there is a high infant mortality rate.

- Wealthy men are the only ones who can handle feeding a family, and if they can afford to feed more mouths, then they should for the betterment of the community.

Still existent positives:

- Allows opportunities for everyone to have at least one partner in areas where there are more women than men, or areas where there are more men than women (i.e. everywhere).

- Allows people who care about multiple other people "in that way" to express those feelings in a legally sanctioned way.

- Because humans are not inherently monogamous creatures, it allows people who do not want to behave in a monogamous way to do so without hurting their partners.

Most people think is like having your own private harem, when in reality it's having 7 nagging wifes. Polygamy and domestic abuse go together like horse and carriage, can't have one without the other :(

Edited by Orogun01
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Most people think is like having your own private harem, when in reality it's having 7 nagging wifes. Polygamy and domestic abuse go together like horse and carriage, can't have one without the other :(

So if I have a horseless carriage then I can have a harem?

Free games updated 3/4/21

Most people think is like having your own private harem, when in reality it's having 7 nagging wifes. Polygamy and domestic abuse go together like horse and carriage, can't have one without the other ;)

So if I have a horseless carriage then I can have a harem?

No, the horse is the woman and if you go without a carriage you have a bunch of horses running rampant. Point is that polygamy worked because of patriarchal societies, in this day and age is not something that is viable.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

Since you seem to be against it, I was wondering if you think it's constitutionally protected or not.

Personally I've never been a fan of the government in the marriage business period. They should stick to civil unions. Legally I believe a civil union should be limited to two people, as the risk of fraud and other problems is much greater when you get multiple parties involved. The taxes alone would be a nightmare.

Churches can handle the polygamy question, and every major church has strongly opposed them for a long while now.

No, the horse is the woman and if you go without a carriage you have a bunch of horses running rampant. Point is that polygamy worked because of patriarchal societies, in this day and age is not something that is viable.

The Global Caliphate disagrees.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

The Global Caliphate disagrees.

Don't care, Jews invented polygamy not them.

village_idiot.gif

Most of the world cultures have been polygamous for the vast majority of time, including ancient Egyptians and Chinese, way predating Jews. Of course may be you were joking.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Most of the world cultures have been polygamous for the vast majority of time.

Most of the world cultures have the same stories in their religions, but the Christian are now the default.

village_idiot.gif

I'm sorry, you're not making any sense.

Neither does religion, the originator is not often considered the one to follow. If we are looking at this from a cultural perspective, polygamy died with the Byzantine empire, which is the foundation of western civilization and it has now taken over the rest of the world.

village_idiot.gif

Polygamy didn't die at all. Islam is the fastest growing religion, condones polygamy and is slowly taking over western civilization by means of immigration and outbreeding the native populations. Make of that what you want.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Most people think is like having your own private harem, when in reality it's having 7 nagging wifes.
It's a misogynistic stereotype to claim that all wives are "nagging." Further, it's interesting that you automatically assume that polygamy means having multiple wives... that's polygyny. Having multiple husbands is also a form of polygamy.
Polygamy and domestic abuse go together like horse and carriage, can't have one without the other ;)
Please cite some evidence for this. Ah, that's right, you can't, because it isn't true. Edited by Cycloneman
I don't post if I don't have anything to say, which I guess makes me better than the rest of your so-called "community." 8)

Serial polygamy is a form of polygamy.

I'm not actually trying to contribute to this asinine discussion, I just want to see if that comment goes anywhere.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Polygamy didn't die at all. Islam is the fastest growing religion, condones polygamy and is slowly taking over western civilization by means of immigration and outbreeding the native populations. Make of that what you want.

In western nations Islam practitioners conform to the rules the same as the Mormons.

Most people think is like having your own private harem, when in reality it's having 7 nagging wifes.
It's a misogynistic stereotype to claim that all wives are "nagging." Further, it's interesting that you automatically assume that polygamy means having multiple wives... that's polygyny. Having multiple husbands is also a form of polygamy.
Polygamy and domestic abuse go together like horse and carriage, can't have one without the other ;)
Please cite some evidence for this. Ah, that's right, you can't, because it isn't true.

Polygamy is the generic term for both sexes and male is usually the ones that are more excited by the prospect.

Every culture that condones polygamy has stricter regulation regarding women, proper clothing, chastity and such or else is stoning time.

Serial polygamy is a form of polygamy.

I'm not actually trying to contribute to this asinine discussion, I just want to see if that comment goes anywhere.

No, it won't.

village_idiot.gif

Every culture that condones polygamy has stricter regulation regarding women, proper clothing, chastity and such or else is stoning time.
Saskatchewan, Canada: literally the caliphate? The answer may surprise you!
I don't post if I don't have anything to say, which I guess makes me better than the rest of your so-called "community." 8)

Saskatchewan, Canada: literally the caliphate? The answer may surprise you!

The exception to the rule.

village_idiot.gif