RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!, just a dumping ground

The episodes *are* HL3.

No they're not. That's why it is called Half Life 2: Episode #.

AFAIK, Episode 3 will be the end of the franchise (at least, the story they begun in HL1).

Link, anyone? Some kind of official statement on that, maybe?

"Save often!" -The Inquisitor

"Floss regularly!" -also The Inquisitor

I enjoyed the parts of Metro 2033 that had me sneaking around enemy bases, but fighting monsters was quite dull. Graphically very impressive, if you've got a powerful machine and want to show off what it can do, this is the game to do it I guess. Roaming around your characters home base in the beginning just made me sad the game was just a linear shooter.

Disclaimer : I'm as far from a shooter enthusiast as you can get.

Art style looks pretty good.

Everything else looked pretty boring, honestly.

This.

Isn't this that spiritual successor to BLACK or something?

Edited by Syraxis

Disclaimer : I'm as far from a shooter enthusiast as you can get.

Art style looks pretty good.

Everything else looked pretty boring, honestly.

Here i thought that a game called Bodycount would be an adventure game about a pathologist or mortician, counting bodies :sorcerer:

Meh, meh, meh.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Metro 2033 is for sale on Steam. Just

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/9010...7u4rvsn?show=hi

*hides*

Disclaimer: I can't talk about it.

Phh, teal & orange color grading is just sooooo 2009 :)

(it looks fun)

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

New Arcania interview: http://www.faceoffgames.com/section/1180665

Two things:

"Based on our analysis, accessibility was one of the worst parts of the previous games. So we focused on that quite early during development."

That's one of the things I adore about the Gothic games; they will not EVER hold your hand! I love that and I'm sad to see it go, but I can understand the change.

Regarding character development system: "The system that was used in the forerunners of ArcaniA felt too clumsy and made it possible to create a character that was underperforming because of wrong choices the player has done."

Another thing I liked about the Gothic games: if you build an idiotic build, you'll suffer for it. I liked that there were consequences if you were an idiot. I never felt it to be clumsy either. Let's just hope that it's not a system like the one in Fallout 3 where you're rewarded so often that you're a god by level 10..

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

"Based on our analysis, accessibility was one of the worst parts of the previous games. So we focused on that quite early during development."

*snip*

Another thing I liked about the Gothic games: if you build an idiotic build, you'll suffer for it. I liked that there were consequences if you were an idiot. I never felt it to be clumsy either. Let's just hope that it's not a system like the one in Fallout 3 where you're rewarded so often that you're a god by level 10..

Making accessibility high is a key factor for some CRPG developers. As long as they don't remove the depth, I'm not against widening the entrance for role-playing games. In fact, I feel developers of other other genres are learning faster about the character advancement system than some CRPG developers learning about modern gameplays.

As long as I read some comments by system designers such as J.E. Sawyer and Nathaniel Chapman (Especially about his blog post about difficulty setting), I believe they are on rational course. Alpha Protocol, which seems to have gone against what they are saying on these boards in this respect, puzzled me, though.

a game suited for the 21th century.

Is that such a difficult task? :alienani:

:x

As long as I read some comments by system designers such as J.E. Sawyer and Nathaniel Chapman (Especially about his blog post about difficulty setting), I believe they are on rational course. Alpha Protocol, which seems to have gone against what they are saying on these boards in this respect, puzzled me, though.
Neither of them were lead designers on AP. :alienani:

new Mortal Kombat trailer

http://e3.gamespot.com/video/6265111/

I still play UMK3 quite often with friends on the SNES. Never liked the installments after the original trilogy. 3D just isn't as much fun, and the characters were uninspired ripoffs of the originals. Looks like this new one is going back to 2D combat (with 3D graphics) and oldskool characters. All I can say is: yes. Now I just need Scorpion confirmed and then it'll be: hell yes.

Edited by Pope

I feel developers of other other genres are learning faster about the character advancement system than some CRPG developers learning about modern gameplays.

So true.

"Save often!" -The Inquisitor

"Floss regularly!" -also The Inquisitor