What are you playing now

Gorth

Cutting-edge military tech is more heavily guarded than the president. It does not get stolen.

You should read the book 'BRIXMIS'.

That was ages ago. And to my knowledge, those british chaps never walked away with a complete weapon system. They did steal bits and pieces but never something like a whole batch complete and ready-to-shoot of anti-air missiles.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

The age of Wikipedia, turning every geek into a wannabe besserwisser.

Look at Kaftan above for the perfect example! Although I would bet my left nut that he's never heard of the book in question, thanks to the powers of Wikipedia, he can now pretend that he did, in fact, know about said book but he just didn't consider that particular book to depict the kind of theft HE was referring to. It couldn't possibly be that he's never heard of the incident before Walsinghams post, oh no, he just didn't deem it worthy of consideration.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

The age of Wikipedia, turning every geek into a wannabe besserwisser.

I think all geeks start out that way. Wikipedia just allows them to keep going further.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Of course I havent read it. I think its a marvel of technology that Wikipedia allows me to stay in the loop even without having read an abundance of historic military litterature. :)

But it was all aimed at my argument that the idea that some smelly terroists could sneak into Lockheed or Raytheon and walk away with a whole bunch of fully functioning secret prototype missiles is ridicilous. And that using it as a plot device is unbelievably clumsy, when they could just have had Halbech supply the terroists with weapons they were likely to have like old soviet rockets. It would have been much more spy-ish.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Why is it out of the realm of possibility though ? Guards can be bribed, companies can be infilitrated (Chinese, anyone?), or heck they could just have stolen them from a warehouse.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Why is it out of the realm of possibility though ? Guards can be bribed, companies can be infilitrated (Chinese, anyone?), or heck they could just have stolen them from a warehouse.

Or they could have kidnapped the lead designers and forced them to make the weapons system for them (and none of them thought of escaping by making a really cool personal armor battle suit like Tony Stark in IRON MAN). :facepalm:

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Im just saying that Halbech using that missile is on par with a bank robber leaving his wallet with drivers license and home adress at the bank.

Im just saying that Halbech using that missile is on par with a bank robber leaving his wallet with drivers license and home adress at the bank.

Are we sure it was a prototype? By the end of the game I was thinking that the Missiles were basically standard and Halbech was selling weapons of a more standard variety.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Are we sure it was a prototype? By the end of the game I was thinking that the Missiles were basically standard and Halbech was selling weapons of a more standard variety.

Dunno about prototype, but they were brand-****in'-new.

Finished Alpha Protocol.

... eh, the game feels like it lacked a clear purpose. No matter how good the writing was, it didn't really feel like there was a point to the story. Not to mention having the option to choose which mission to try first sortof screws up the story. And the whole WW3 thing? Didn't really make sense.

Halbech's plans didn't seem to be all that important or influential (aside from the presidential assassination).

In fact, I'm utterly confused at some parts of the story and how getting some of my enemies to "trust" or "friendship" helped me in any way. How does having a good reputation with Albatross have any advantages?

Now to start the game again as Douchebag Thorton.

Edited by WILL THE ALMIGHTY

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

How does having a good reputation with Albatross have any advantages?
Discount on sneaky armor and intel, sends help for 2 missions + possible endgame handler.

... but he works for Halbech? Why would he want to break me out and shut down AP? Why would he even want to send me help? He's the antagonist.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

The story is incoherent and confusing (not to mention complete rubbish) and made even worse by the fact that it seems large parts are missing.

When Mina told me it was time to attack Alpha PRotocol HQ I was like "WTF why?!" because the only hint that they were naughty was some brief thing about another agent being in place in arabia. Im not really sure how Mike can know that Halbechs idiotic plan will result in WW3 either

The story is incoherent and confusing (not to mention complete rubbish) and made even worse by the fact that it seems large parts are missing.

When Mina told me it was time to attack Alpha PRotocol HQ I was like "WTF why?!" because the only hint that they were naughty was some brief thing about another agent being in place in arabia. Im not really sure how Mike can know that Halbechs idiotic plan will result in WW3 either

Also people kept telling me I was operating under Alpha Protocol. What? The facility is hunting me down, I'm completely rogue and hunted by my a dozen government, how is Alpha Protocol "protecting" me?

Also, why would Brayko capture Albatross and torture him? Do they even know each other? And how come every time I get sent in to kill someone they keep going "Woah, you shouldn't kill me, I'm totally a double agent/innocent/able to help you!" I wound up executing no one even when they clearly should have been killed, like Shaheed. Heck, by the end of the game, the news report told me I had destabilized the world completely and done nothing to save it.

But I did like Scarlet's plot twist at the end followed by me driving off into the sunset with her. Very bond-like. Unfortunately I did not get to save Mina because of an awful map design that prevented me from knowing where to go to save her, so I went the wrong way and an arbitrary wall fell down behind me for no goddamn reason.

@Oner, sorry, I meant Marburg, not Albatross. Albatross is awesome.

EDIT: So overall... this was not a very good game. The C&C is great but it's wasted on an awful plot, and the gameplay is just terrible. Everything lacked focus.

Edited by WILL THE ALMIGHTY

I went the wrong way and an arbitrary wall fell down behind me for no goddamn reason.

That is so incredibly annoying! You're exploring a level and suddenly a door jams shut so you cant go back and get that upgrade or intel piece that was in the room you were going to go to next.

I suppose its because they couldnt get the engine to stream the levels properly, so they had to hack them into pieces and unload the stuff behind you as you enter a new cell. Which should not be necessary at all with the U3 engine.

Also people kept telling me I was operating under Alpha Protocol. What? The facility is hunting me down, I'm completely rogue and hunted by my a dozen government, how is Alpha Protocol "protecting" me?

Also, why would Brayko capture Albatross and torture him? Do they even know each other? And how come every time I get sent in to kill someone they keep going "Woah, you shouldn't kill me, I'm totally a double agent/innocent/able to help you!" I wound up executing no one even when they clearly should have been killed, like Shaheed. Heck, by the end of the game, the news report told me I had destabilized the world completely and done nothing to save it.

But I did like Scarlet's plot twist at the end followed by me driving off into the sunset with her. Very bond-like. Unfortunately I did not get to save Mina because of an awful map design that prevented me from knowing where to go to save her, so I went the wrong way and an arbitrary wall fell down behind me for no goddamn reason.

Spoiler #1:

They couldn't find you because of the way AP works: no one knows where an agent hides assets.

Spoiler #2:

Alby was dumb enough to join the G22 attack force and he got captured. Brayko tortured him because he was one of the guys attacking his place.

Also, people tend to beg for their lives. :ermm:

Spoiler #1:

They couldn't find you because of the way AP works: no one knows where an agent hides assets.

Spoiler #2:

Alby was dumb enough to join the G22 attack force and he got captured. Brayko tortured him because he was one of the guys attacking his place.

Also, people tend to beg for their lives. :ermm:

Ah, thanks, that clears up a few things at least. Although I wonder why G22 was attacking Brayko's villa anyway.

Ah, thanks, that clears up a few things at least. Although I wonder why G22 was attacking Brayko's villa anyway.
Because they agreed to help off screen. Mike even says it when the mission begins. :p

No problem BTW. :sorcerer:

Edited by Oner

Because they agreed to help off screen. Mike even says it when the mission begins. :p

No problem BTW. :sorcerer:

Huh, so does that mean if you piss off Albatross he won't ever get captured? That's pretty cool.

Because they agreed to help off screen. Mike even says it when the mission begins. :lol:

No problem BTW. >_<

Huh, so does that mean if you piss off Albatross he won't ever get captured? That's pretty cool.

nope, you'll swap handlers and have a slightly different starting bit. You run with the VCI and literally smash down the front gate.

For me Sie got captured, which was weird because they never explain how or why. They probably removed a cutscene that should have been there,

Pissing off Alby won't make him automatically friends with VCI, no?

Nope. Basically who you're working with is determined at the embassy when you choose either SIE or Alby as your handler.

And kaftan, it's implied that the handler gets snagged early in the attack.