I'm watching the 1up 'game night' thingy.

I'd have hoped a little bit more polish was put in the game, but it's looking pretty good.

I also got the impression that the pistol wasn't that precise (I'm curious if you can begin the game with tranquilizer and stuff like that or if I'll have to resort to non-lethal takedowns.. I might think about taking a few ranks in martial arts).

I'm wondering about my first playthrough... will I take the stealth and pacifist road, with a focus on Stealth, Sabotage and Technical Aptitude, or will I go the opposite and make some sort of Rambo with SMG, Assault Rifle and Toughness brought to the top?

I don't think the pacifist thing (if you really go for not killing anyone) is a sort of developed path through the game, just something that they discovered that it was indeed possible. Personally I believe you're gonna be in for a very hard (and possibly frustrating) time if you do that on the first playthrough.

But what do I know? :nuke:

Something that the 1up vid succeeded in doing for me was that it got me interested in the Rambo route. I wasn't interested in doing a combat playthrough at all earlier but I think the action looks genuinely fun (if a bit unpolished in terms of enemy behaviour).

But yeah, I still think I'll go for Stealth, pistols and sabotage for my first run. That or I might take the stealth class (whatever it's called) and have the Martial Arts instead of sabotage, punching people around looked fun as well.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Something that the 1up vid succeeded in doing for me was that it got me interested in the Rambo route. I wasn't interested in doing a combat playthrough at all earlier but I think the action looks genuinely fun (if a bit unpolished in terms of enemy behaviour).
Gears of War's AI wasn't better (except maybe their aim), I still found it fun.

Aaaanyway, I'd like to know how the "codec" chats are supposed work in this game. Mike is standing 1,5 meters from Nasri, talking with Westridge about how he plans to manipulate Nasri into leading him to Shaheed and the guy doesn't notice?

Or is it Gameplay and Story segregation? :nuke:

Edited by Oner

I'm warming up to the level design, it looks like there's quite a bit of freedom in how you approach your objectives, from a pure gameplay pov and not just 'you have this/and this/and this choices, now go through all that linear level to reach them'. That makes me happy. Also the comment on the shooting mechanics feels pretty positive, after all, I doubted Obsidian would have got it completely right on their first action-rpg but the combat looks A LOT better than Mass Effect's, and... I had fun with it.

Anyway... why didn't they just turn the brightness up?! The guy has a lot of problems because he can't see anything...

ANOTHER EDIT YAY : It looks like what they were saying (was it Matthew Rorie?) about checkpoint being abundant is quite true : it's almost impossible to notice that they're actually reloading from checkpoints, and this will probably limit the classic 'save scumming' quite a bit.

Edited by WorstUsernameEver

I don't think the pacifist thing (if you really go for not killing anyone) is a sort of developed path through the game, just something that they discovered that it was indeed possible. Personally I believe you're gonna be in for a very hard (and possibly frustrating) time if you do that on the first playthrough.

The "pacifist" path might not have been thought-out from the beginning except perhaps for some specific parts (the Rome thing comes to mind) but I'm pretty sure that the "non-lethal" path was thought-out and developed. I wonder how Nasri would react if you reach him without killing anyone in his facility...

I could see the humour it was aiming for.. did put a light smile on my face.. but the music was a bit jarring for it.

Still, whets the appetite for the different groups you might encounter in a couple of weeks.. :aiee:

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Alvin, could you clarify something for me?

We're told there are four hubs. The first act of the game is in Saudi Arabia, and after we're done there the hubs open up. Are there 4 hubs (as in, do we get more missions in SA), or does SA in the first act count as one hub?

So Saudi Arabia, Rome, Moscow and Taiwan (I hope I'm remembering correctly) ?

Plus, possibly, some mysterious end location inevitably set in the US?

June 1st can't come soon enough. :(

Let me get back to sleeping. I'm tired...