Winter Olympics, eh.

kirottu

Meh, the swedes are out. Now the tournament got a lot more boring. Oh well.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Not a huge surprise, really. They looked mediocre and were rightly eliminated by a much more efficient Slovakia.

I'm much more surprised by the final score in the Canada - Russia game! I had thought it would be a war, with Crosby and Ovechkin going head to head. But they were both practically invisible and Canada outplayed Russia so badly it wasn't even funny.. to watch.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

This pretty much sums what people said at work today:

s_553219.jpg

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I think Finland just broke some olympic record in the semifinals: 0-6 within thirteen minutes of play.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

I think Finland just broke some olympic record in the semifinals: 0-6 within thirteen minutes of play.

USA is demolishing them.

+ they aren't even dominating the game itself. They are simply ruthlessly effective.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

USA is demolishing them.

+ they aren't even dominating the game itself. They are simply ruthlessly effective.

I don't like it though...I want a close game so they are ready for Canada (most likely) tomorrow.

I wasn't expecting the US to make it look so easy. I think it's a good confidence builder for the last game. They've had mostly tight games so far, so showing they can put the screws to someone shouldn't hurt.

What a difference from the Switzerland game, yeesh.

"+ they aren't even dominating the game itself."

If you are up 6-0, you are dominating all aspects of the game except sucking at it. Sorry.

Kanada better not error tonight though I expect a blowout by them.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"+ they aren't even dominating the game itself."

If you are up 6-0, you are dominating all aspects of the game except sucking at it. Sorry.

Kanada better not error tonight though I expect a blowout by them.

I paraphrased that incorrectly, i meant that the US got to 6-0 without any bigger effort. I wouldn't be surprised if the americans went: "Huh? that was it?"

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

The shots against goals statistics went 25-25.

Christ, what an embaressing game. It should be shown to prospecting hockey-players everywhere on how not to play hockey.

Edited by Meshugger

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

The shots against goals statistics went 25-25.

Christ, what an embaressing game. It should be shown to prospecting everywhere on how not to play hockey.

Yup. The whole team just collapsed after 2-0. After that half of them were trying too hard and overplayed which resulted in 3vs2, 2vs1 etc. situations and more goals.

Hate the living, love the dead.

"The shots against goals statistics went 25-25. "

It's not always the number of shots; but the quality of shots. Alos, the qulity of the shooters and the goaltenders. Sorry, US skooled Finland in every single way.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

The US basically shut it down after the first period. Finland managed a little pressure, but it would have been very difficult to get more than a few goals with the US playing a defensive game.

Now just waiting for the Canada-Slovakia game. I'm rooting for Canada, but hesitantly. I think if we get a US-Canada rematch, it will be much more difficult for the US to pull off another win.

"The shots against goals statistics went 25-25. "

It's not always the number of shots; but the quality of shots. Alos, the qulity of the shooters and the goaltenders. Sorry, US skooled Finland in every single way.

On a better/normal day Kiprusoff would have stopped most of those shots. But this is the international system 1 game decides everything....

Hate the living, love the dead.