Winter Olympics, eh.

kirottu

That was a thunderous hit that Ovechkin dropped Jagr with the other night. But good on him, he got right back up. Even though Russia scored on the play.

If we're talking worse contracts in the league we should probably do it in the NHL thread.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

"That was a thunderous hit that Ovechkin dropped Jagr with the other night. But good on him, he got right back up. Even though Russia scored on the play."

Great hit for sure. of course, I like how the announcers tried to blame Jagr for the surrendered goal. That was poor defense by the defensemen not some turnover in the middle of the ice where they had plenty of time to play D.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"That was a thunderous hit that Ovechkin dropped Jagr with the other night. But good on him, he got right back up. Even though Russia scored on the play."

Great hit for sure. of course, I like how the announcers tried to blame Jagr for the surrendered goal. That was poor defense by the defensemen not some turnover in the middle of the ice where they had plenty of time to play D.

Turn overs in the neutral zone will kill a team. Jagr should have made the right move around Ovechkin or dumped the puck. You can either look at it that Ovechkin (and Malkin and Semin) made great plays, or that Jagr made a crappy one. Even Jagr himself is owning up to his mistake.

NHL.com -- Did you see Ovechkin coming on that big hit?

Jagr -- Of course I saw him. I wanted to make a play. It was just a bad turnover

Of course, Jagr 'owned' up to it. He's awesomethat way. But, sorry, while he made a 'mistake' the defensemen's poor play is what led to the goal. Jagr didn't cost his team a goal against, he cost them a chance to enter the offensive zone. That's it.

On top of that where were his teammates tow arn him such a hit was coming? Losers. That's what they are.

Edited by Volourn

Of course, Jagr 'owned' up to it. He's awesomethat way. But, sorry, while he made a 'mistake' the defensemen's poor play is what led to the goal. Jagr didn't cost his team a goal against, he cost them a chance to enter the offensive zone. That's it.

On top of that where were his teammates tow arn him such a hit was coming? Losers. That's what they are.

lmao "warn" him? "JAROMIR LOOK OUT FOR THE 200 POUND RUSSIAN GUY WHO IS ABOUT TO OWN YOU".

look at the quotes, Jagr said he saw him and tried to make a move. he failed. also, if he DIDN'T see him coming, Jagr is a professional hockey player, and even I, an amateur, am smart enough to keep my head up in the neutral zone. hell, that's the first thing they teach in the checking-world of hockey. "keep your head up"

You miss the point. Jagr losing the puck didn't cost the team a goal. The poor defense by the defensemen did. He cost his team chance to enter the offensive zone. Period.

You miss the point. Jagr losing the puck didn't cost the team a goal. The poor defense by the defensemen did. He cost his team chance to enter the offensive zone. Period.

Semin made and great pass and Malkin finished it on one knee. The defense can't do anything about that especially when they are caught flat footed. The puck went the other way immediately. Dump the puck Jagr if you aren't good enough to go around Ovechkin. Jagr didn't put the puck in a safe place and his team payed for it.

"So I suppose breakaways should ALWAYS be saved by goalies because that is their job? "LMAO""

And, I suppose a forward should always stick handle perfectly around opponents perfectly, and always make the best at all times always and score goals on every shot because that is their job right? LMAO

Bottom line is Jagr made a mistake and lost the puck. That didn't cost them a goal. The poor defense by the defensemen played it all wrong - one of which who was playing up way too much whcih led to the 2 on 1 btw - led them to the goal.

LMAO

Sorry, but a turnover in the neutral zone ONLY leads directly to a goal if its the d man coughing it up or the defensemen aren't playing their position properly.

"So I suppose breakaways should ALWAYS be saved by goalies because that is their job? "LMAO""

And, I suppose a forward should always stick handle perfectly around opponents perfectly, and always make the best at all times always and score goals on every shot because that is their job right? LMAO

When you are Jaromir Jagr, yes you should always make the right play. He shouldn't always stick handle around opponents, no, that would be stupid, he should dump the puck instead of losing the game for his team.

Oh and as for "Score goals on every shot", you're just reinforcing MY point, so thankyou :rolleyes:

I don't know why you are arguing it with Volourn. I'm pretty sure he's never played a game or received coaching in his life in the sport, so he's just an armchair general spouting off. Let's get back to the Olympics.

Canada killed Germany, which was no surprise. The Russia-Canada game should be a great show, but I think Canada should take it unless Nabokov plays super hot.

I don't know why you are arguing it with Volourn. I'm pretty sure he's never played a game or received coaching in his life in the sport, so he's just an armchair general spouting off. Let's get back to the Olympics.

Canada killed Germany, which was no surprise. The Russia-Canada game should be a great show, but I think Canada should take it unless Nabokov plays super hot.

I'm excited to see it actually. I'd like to see Russia knock them out, but only so USA doesn't have to play them again

I'm excited to see it actually. I'd like to see Russia knock them out, but only so USA doesn't have to play them again

Lies, you know you want to play us again. I've got class from 7-10pm tomorrow though. Thank you laptop! I'm sure my prof would understand...

Lies, you know you want to play us again. I've got class from 7-10pm tomorrow though. Thank you laptop! I'm sure my prof would understand...

Well, I mean I want to BEAT you guys again, but lightning doesn't strike twice. Then again, Chris Drury might.

The Russia-Canada game should be a great show, but I think Canada should take it unless Nabokov plays super hot.

This is my most anticipated game of the tournament. Too bad it comes so early.

Sweden has looked.. mediocre. Only good game they've played was against Finland, but the Finns were asleep that game so it didn't tell us much. I have a feeling we're gonna get into trouble against Slovakia, even though Slovakia played evenly against Norway (Heja Norge!).

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

^The norwegians played an incredible hockey in that game though. They could've been mistaken for USA even.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Fantastic first period by the Canadians! They're outplaying the Russians in every aspect! I even saw Crosby win a physical battle against Ovechkin!

Also 4-1?! Did Canada kill the game already? It's only the first period and I've been planning an all-nighter for this, damnit!

Woah, Swedish television is showing some of the hits Canada has gotten away with during the game! Morrow took EIGHT strides before one of his hits!! That's insane, but charging is apparently not known to NHL referees.

I love a physical game as much as the next man, but that's way over the line. It's dangerous and unnecessary.

Woah, Swedish television is showing some of the hits Canada has gotten away with during the game! Morrow took EIGHT strides before one of his hits!! That's insane, but charging is apparently not known to NHL referees.

I love a physical game as much as the next man, but that's way over the line. It's dangerous and unnecessary.

I thought the rule was you can take as many strides before hitting a guy as you want, you just have taking those strides slightly before you make contact?

From what very little I've heard, Korea got a gold medal, and one guy was coming in firstu ntil he switched to a wrong lane for a second and disqualified himself.

No idea why the Olympic sports have to be so uptight about that stuff, really.