Winter Olympics, eh.

kirottu

Good for you. It's not like anyone else does doping in cross country skiing...

Smigun pretty much absent for whole year, comes and all most gets the gold. Team Austria's path to glory from Ramsau (sp) to Turin where they got busted by Italian police. Now we have such powerhouse nations as France and Switzerland taking medals in cross country skiing that has been dominated by Nordic countries and Russia/Soviet Union for eternity. Before them it was Germany that suddenly just started to produce world class skiiers...

The only reason Finland got caught was due to our WADA guy not informing Team Finland that hemohes can be seen through the tests + them being amateurs at it. If you actually believe that most WADA personnel of each country don't tell their athletic commissions about the new tests you are really naieve.

Some WADA guy said in an interview that they could see from the tests that pretty much every f**cking team was using Hemohes to cover EPO in Ramsau. Hehohes wasn't banned back then so they couldn't do anything about it...

I don't think you understand. That's the problem right there! Before Lahti, we Swedes were proud of our little cluster of nations in the north. We cheered for names like D

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Most of my life I adored the Olympics. Winter, summer, it didn't matter. I didn't even care who won. I just loved the entire experience.

Now I'm old and jaded and don't give a fat, flying fig. Kind of sad, really. I miss the enthusiam of youth. >_<

These hockey games are getting good! Russia-Czech Republic was as physical as any NHL game, and USA-Canada has been super high energy so far.

Ditto, that was a great game today. Although it irritates me to no end to see Viktor Kozlov playing well now that he's long gone from the Panthers.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Via Deadspin:

500x_japannips.jpg

:ermm:

(A note of explanation for non-Americaners: "Nips" was often used as a racial slur referring to Japanese people (presumably derived from "Nippon") during the WW2 period.)

Now that IS funny. I'd bet the editor got a little "talking to" over that one. :lol:

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

These hockey games are getting good! Russia-Czech Republic was as physical as any NHL game, and USA-Canada has been super high energy so far.

Ditto, that was a great game today. Although it irritates me to no end to see Viktor Kozlov playing well now that he's long gone from the Panthers.

Hey, he was worse in San Jose!

Drury just put USA up 3-2. This is a fantastic game. A lot of people were questioning whether Drury deserves to be on the team, but that's a big goal and I've always said he scores when it is most important.

Boy, short track is interesting.

Just got done with the womens 1500 where the final had 8 (standard is six) women on the field because in one of the previous heats the top three went down due to one of the competitors being a bit of a cheat in trying to not let others pass her.

One of the americans (who they made a big deal about her being able to return from a massive injury) got advanced from her round, but honestly, when you're watching it you can tell that she's unable to keep up for it.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Via Deadspin:

500x_japannips.jpg

:brows:

(A note of explanation for non-Americaners: "Nips" was often used as a racial slur referring to Japanese people (presumably derived from "Nippon") during the WW2 period.)

Now that IS funny. I'd bet the editor got a little "talking to" over that one. :bat:

I'm real happy for you Olympic curling, and Imma let you finish, but ESPN had the greatest sports headline of all time!

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id...580&cc=5901

manthing2.jpg

What a crappy game from Finland.

I

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

As a Kanadian, I'm disspaointed we lost. Even more dissapointing as a Kanadian, is the very poor attitude of my fellow Kanandians over this. Man, I do not understand how we ever got the reputation of being the 'bnicest people in the world'. That's baloney. Only someone who doesn't live in Kanada would think that. L0LM We are nasty, arrogant, jealous, small minded, and ignorant. Tsk, tsk.

"A lot of people were questioning whether Drury deserves to be on the team, but that's a big goal and I've always said he scores when it is most important."

As a Ranger fan, I say no. Chris Drury is a joke and scoring one silly goal doesn't change that. Probably one of the worst Ranger free agent signings ever.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

As a Ranger fan, I say no. Chris Drury is a joke and scoring one silly goal doesn't change that. Probably one of the worst Ranger free agent signings ever.

Worse than Wade Redden?

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Yes. Redden is underrated. He also isn't being paid 7mil+.

Is that how much Drury got? Wow, that is too much. He was always more of a solid 2nd liner in my eyes. He's also more of a playoff guy, I just checked out his stats and his points per game are very solid in the playoffs. Although his NY numbers are abysmal.

Ah well, still a huge goal yesterday!

Yes. Redden is underrated. He also isn't being paid 7mil+.

Is that how much Drury got? Wow, that is too much. He was always more of a solid 2nd liner in my eyes. He's also more of a playoff guy, I just checked out his stats and his points per game are very solid in the playoffs. Although his NY numbers are abysmal.

Ah well, still a huge goal yesterday!

He was also great in the last 3 minutes. Blocked a couple of shots with the other Ranger Ryan Callahan. He played well on Canada's powerplays also.

also...that empty net goal was awesome.

Redden > Drury

Better player getting paid less. Yup, redden is the betetr deal.

P.S. I wouldn't pay Redden 6.5mil either but it sure beats 7.5mil (or whatever Drury's exact deal is).

Drury is a joke. He should be thrown in the trash like Gomez was.

Redden > Drury

Better player getting paid less. Yup, redden is the betetr deal.

P.S. I wouldn't pay Redden 6.5mil either but it sure beats 7.5mil (or whatever Drury's exact deal is).

Drury is a joke. He should be thrown in the trash like Gomez was.

Drury's more valuable as a leader than a lot of other people in the league. Still not worth 7 mil but keeping him around isn't a bad idea for ANY team

Leaders earn their money. Drury only made the Olympic team for 2 reasons a) past reputtation WITH other teams b) lack of depth for Olympic level Amerikan hockey players.

Drury is a joke, and the Rangers would be better off without him. He's past his prime (and has been for years). The guy is simply a loser.

Leaders earn their money. Drury only made the Olympic team for 2 reasons a) past reputtation WITH other teams b) lack of depth for Olympic level Amerikan hockey players.

Drury is a joke, and the Rangers would be better off without him. He's past his prime (and has been for years). The guy is simply a loser.

Nah, I don't know if you've ever played hockey (or been a captain for that matter) but almost EVERY captain would consider Drury a great role model

He's out there killing penalties and scoring big goals. Sorry he's been a bust for NY, but he wasn't a bust for Colorado, Buffalo, or the US Olympic team. I think I remember he also had a memorable college career as well.

It seems like you are more upset that he's making a huge salary, which I agree is too much for his production. But I would think that would be more an issue to take up with the NYR front office. The guy is a solid two-way forward who averages 20-30 goals, I'm not sure how that makes him a loser. He can kill penalties and he's put up solid numbers in the postseason. Can you give us some more specific scenarios that make him such a loser?

edit: Geez, I just looked up a bio on Drury. He has a Hobey Baker award, rookie of the year award, a Stanley Cup, a silver medal at the Olympics, and he even won a little league World Series! What a loser!

"Geez, I just looked up a bio on Drury. He has a Hobey Baker award, rookie of the year award, a Stanley Cup, a silver medal at the Olympics, and he even won a little league World Series! What a loser!"

Did you check out what he's done with the Rangers? I don't give a crap what he does for other teams. Completely, and utterly meaningless. 'Nough said.

20-30 goals? the guy has 10 goals in about 60 games this season. He's -11. 1 game winning goal. He's a joke. Plain, and simple.

And, his SC. Did you see the players on that SC winning team? L0LZ The fact people try to give him credit for it is laughable. WS? That's baseball which is totally irrelevantin hockey.

If you want? You can have him. Dumbest Ranger signing ever.