Obsidian is making Wheel of time game

cb.spike

, but it's just another video fantasy game without anything in particular to recommend it unless you happen to be a fan of the WoT stuff.

So it's like The Witcher or Drakensang? Cheers for the heads up.

Neither of which had anything to recommend except for fans of the story them until they were released.

Thanks for playing.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

You joking right?

Drakensang was so bland and boring I couldn't even finish the demo.

Oh and for a 3D game, Dragon Age has very beautiful areas. And yes, while I do like to criticize DA and Bioware, it's nonetheless the best fantasy RPG on the market.

Which says all you need to know about the market.

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

When is the int version coming out?

No idea, but I wouldn't count on it to be internationally released in the coming 6 months.

'Twas the same story with Divinity 2, Venetica & the first Drakensang. That's why I always purchase the German version first anyway.

According to Wikipedia, the int version was out February 24, 2009... but take it with a grain of salt...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drakensang

EDIT: unless i am totaly out of touch with the PC gaming nowadays and there is already 2nd Drakensang game released in german speaking teritories...

Edited by Mamoulian War

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Neither of which had anything to recommend except for fans of the story them until they were released.

Thanks for playing.

Which could also be this WoT game. Dismissing this game because it has a new dev involved is premature.

I think you misinterpreted something I said somewhere. I never dismissed the game (I didn't not dismiss it either). I was commenting on the fact that Obs involvement doesn't appear to add any cred based on both the info in the initial press release and subsequent update by Larry Moondragon.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

• 2 months later...

Notice that they talk about 'video games', and considering Red Eagle it's not that big, they've probably made a similar deal with another developer, most probably in another genre entirely (I mean, we don't know what's the genre of the game Obsidian is working for, but considering their area of expertise it's most probably an RPG).

Considering all the work on the design and supervision alone on Red Eagle's part, I guess Obsidian is doing more than grunt work..

Then again, I've never been very good with this stuff. :p

Morgan’s screenwriting credits include Cellular, The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift, Wanted and The Fast and the Furious

That doesn't exactly inspire confidence. Where are they getting all the money for Hollywood screenwriters anyway?

Edited by Pidesco

The original Fast and the Furious was actually fairly awesome. You know, in a Point Break way.

Sure, but not from a writing standpoint. He'll be writing the story, based on a 12-book series, not some awesome action sequence.

The implication is that it would be a Wheel of Time game in the same sense that KOTOR was a Star Wars game. It's within the setting and using familiar elements, but more or less unrestricted in terms of things they're able to do.

IF there is a writer team at Obsidian for this game. Consider that, going by what Pop said us, Avellone himself called this a 'half project' for Obsidian... they don't even consider this their own game.

I took that to mean it was a half-project in terms of manpower devoted to it. And MCA was not specific as to what project was the half in "two and a half".

Edited by Pop

Still, considering that Red Eagle sounds very protective of their IP (and I can understand that) and considering that I really doubt the other unannounced project is a half-project even only manpower-wise, it seems a logical conclusion.

Mind you, Obsidian not doing any writing on it it's just extreme speculation on my part, and even then, they'll probably end up doing the 'small writing', meaning, they won't write, story, background and important characters but they'll still end up writing quest designs, dialogue, etc..

The original Fast and the Furious was actually fairly awesome. You know, in a Point Break way.

Happily Morgan didn't write it (he wrote 3 and 4). :ermm:

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif