Sega talks to MTV

Wow, you worried me with your "inventory changed", I see that it is not this at all :relieved:

So, they did use this time to create new features, that's good! The inventory comparison screen is probably one of the features of Dragon Age that I hope are implemented in every RPG from now on!

So, what do I gather from this?

Was the game unpolished and a POS back in October? Did Sega just throw Obsidian under the bus or were unrealistic original demands placed on Obsidian with respects to completing the game they could not meet back in October?

Just curious. I am all for a more polished game.

So, what do I gather from this?

Was the game unpolished and a POS back in October? Did Sega just throw Obsidian under the bus or were unrealistic original demands placed on Obsidian with respects to completing the game they could not meet back in October?

Just curious. I am all for a more polished game.

Note that the first issue he mentioned was "position" and timing for the release, then later claimed that the "main issue" was quality. I'm pretty sure that means the main issue was release time and the main excuse was quality.

Damn, so the whole release date betting pool needs to be redrawn. :)

I doubt this means that Obsidian staff were actually moved back into AP, though? I mean, logically, it should, but...

**** yeah! new delay.

A new delay and Fallout New Vegas will be released before AP, lol.

Wouldn't it have needed a release date to have been delayed?

You too are surprised by the number of websites claiming "Alpha Protocol is delayed again!" :lol: ?

Late spring means the same as the beginning of summer for me, its too vague to be called a delay :) We're not even sure that this is what the guys at Sega said, only the guy at MTV said it, and perhaps he got things mixed up or didn't remember what the release window was :)

Yeah, I agree that June is summer, but Amazon always gave that date, even for Spring, so it is not really a delay if you consider this particular seller. The official webiste still has a Spring 2010 release window, and some retailers still give a march date...

The official webiste still has a Spring 2010 release window

Yeah, but the website hasn't really changed much since it first came up. A video every few months, and news on the rare occasion.

Edited by mrmumbles

My best guess is really end of June. Because around the 15th of June there's E3, and Sega can use this event for the last massive PR push.

I seriously hope that's not their master plan if they even have any plan at this point other than rolling d12 dice to see which month they will release the game. At E3 they will be competing with so many other titles for attention...

They should just set a date, release that damn date to fans and start an actual marketing campaing and be done with it, instead of just dicking us around. At this pace FNV will be out while Sega is still coming up with ideas for AP2...

Hate the living, love the dead.

Alpha Protocol is the new Duke Nukem.

No, that's Episode 3.

But seriously, wasn't the game done?

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"