WTF? No Infinite Ammo in AP?

It already has a consequence: you can't hit ****. You don't need to force me to make burst firing a valid gameplay choice. You do need infinite ammo to make spraying okay (which is pretty fun, even if not the most effective strategy).

You can get away with limited spraying in Mass Effect. Constant spraying is pointless and looks stupid. Even with infinite ammo you are going to be standing out in the open taking damage from enemies who actually aim while you spray the landscape with bullets. The only games that come to mind where spraying is fun are over the top action games. That is not what I'm looking for in Alpha Protocol.

Really... that is like complaining about games killing you for falling too far. Its a stupid idea to leap off of the bridge... why are you complaining when the game reacts accordingly?

It's sad to see all that hate pouring out of you, lord of flies.

You say that like its something new...

Edited by GreasyDogMeat

He's just arguing for the sake of it. If they had kept it he'd be arguing the other side.

Hey now, my mother is huge and don't you forget it. The drunk can't even get off the couch to make herself a vodka drenched sandwich. Octopus suck.

Bah, to me it just makes more sense.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Until I actually see an Obsidian dev post otherwise, I'm going to assume that pistol still has infinite ammo and all other secondary guns (shotguns, assault rifles etc) have limited ammo. I remember a dev saying that they had designed the game around pistols having infinite ammo. Also, if some videos of the game have showed Mike using a handgun with an ammo counter that still doesn't mean they have switched to that method.

It is possible Obs has decided to go with limited ammo for pistols (they do have all this extra time) but either way, it isn't going to effect my purchasing the game one way or another.

Obsidian never talked about how the ammo was managed in AP. We just saw the evolution from infinite to finite through the screenshots and videos, there was never a comment on this. And pistols were designed as a stealth players' weapon, not around infinite ammo.

Obsidian never talked about how the ammo was managed in AP. We just saw the evolution from infinite to finite through the screenshots and videos, there was never a comment on this. And pistols were designed as a stealth players' weapon, not around infinite ammo.

I'm absolutely positive a dev commented on infinite pistol ammo. When it was initially noticed/revealed there was some rage on this forum about it and a dev stopped by commenting on infinite pistol ammo.

Ah, here it is. http://forums.obsidian.net/index.php?showt...50614&st=15

Josh pretty much confirms (at the time of the posts) that ammo (atleast for pistols) was infinite. Things may have changed since it has been some time now. I'll be happy if Josh's opinion won out, but again, I'm getting AP infinite ammo or not.

Edited by GreasyDogMeat

I should have been more specific : by "comments", I meant that it was never presented officially as a feature of the game. Players saw it in the videos, and sometimes a dev would come out and say something about it, but never was the ammo management presented as a feature of the game.

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't bother to read the whole topic but I just want to say that after beating 2 times Mass Effect 2 I REALLY ****ING HATE AMMO!

You can't even imagine how boring and extremely non immersive the fact that you need to look in every corner for ammo or swith to another weapon that you don't like. And it is even more frustrating at higher difficulties when ennemies are way thougher.

Please Obsidian, I beg of you, don't fail like Bioware did with ME2.

Edited by yoomazir

Having unlimited ammo would make ME2's snipers and shotguns so overpowered.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Having unlimited ammo would make ME2's snipers and shotguns so overpowered.

were they in ME1? no ,and I can say that on the insanity difficulty they aren't so overpowered like you would like to think, hell all the shotguns sucked hard, that's why BW released shortly after a DLC shotty that worked well.

Anyway, BW ****ed up so hard the skills in ME2 that it's not even funny, instead of specializing in the weapon of your choice those 'tards decided that ammos would be skills, huge failure in every aspect. But that is if you consider ME2 to be some kind of rpg...which is not, it's a badly done Gears of War wannabe in my book.

Edited by yoomazir

Alpha Protocol makes sense for limited ammo since it is to take place in the modern world. Unlimited ammo makes sense in ME because of the technology used in weapon design. I found the whole heat exchange ammo as a step backwards in the technology established in ME1.

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

Limited ammo can add to the suspense of working your way through a level.. especially when it depends on what sort of play style you have..

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."