Mass Effect 2 Discussion

The Illusive Man has to save money on something...

Yeah, he couldn't even pay for the needed resources so I had to scan all those xxxx planets..

Well he had already spent over 4 Billion on Shep.. and thats not including what he spent on building the new Normandy... :lol: Maybe he's now on short cash reserves for the moment..

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Normandy Crash-site DLC was shocking. Like something straight out of JRPG. The "mission" basically consists of scurrying around hard to find obstacles looking for JRPG-Shiny-Objects under the lame pretense of being dogtags. Oh, and this is supposed to be "exciting" as they've disabled the map to make it a pain-in-the-ass exercise in drudgery. Without a doubt, the worst quest in ME2.

manthing2.jpg

@Raithe: This is especially hilarious (end spoiler)

if you don't do what he wants at the end, talk about a waste of money

@Jags: The dog tag search is just a mechanic to get you to see everything in the site. I think it's a nice stroll down the memory lane.

Edited by Purkake

@Raithe: This is especially hilarious (end spoiler)

if you don't do what he wants at the end, talk about a waste of money

@Jags: The dog tag search is just a mechanic to get you to see everything in the site. I think it's a nice stroll down the memory lane.

Hmm,

You at least stopped the Collectors from building a new Reaper who could trigger the invasion and destroy everything including Cerberus. That was his primary goal, as well (to stop the Collectors at least).

It's small compared to Zaeed. :lol:

Don't feel bad, guy. Zaeed's hardcore.

I'm sure you'll find a gal who'll find it "cute".

And here i was afraid, you'll write something that makes sense. :lol:

1.13 killed off Ja2.

The Normandy Crash Site is enjoyable only if you're all weepy and nostalgic about ME1. Otherwise, it's a lame pixel hunt. And the memorial that the Alliance gives you to put there looks ridiculous.

I did the

dead Reaper

and Tali's loyalty quest last night. Spoiler request: How is

the dead Reaper bit different if you go there right away? Are some of the Cerberus crew still alive or something

? Also, on Tali's quest, I predictably failed the dialogue check at the end. I presume that making it

manages to acquit her of the treason charges

? (Personally, I don't really mind the outcome I got-- it's a more poetic sacrifice than making everything all better would be.)

Oh, and I now agree with whoever it was a while back who said that the usefulness of Throw lies in its quick cooldown time. The hordes of

husks on the dead Reaper

were a simple matter of getting enough distance so that Throw could recharge faster than the rate they were coming at me. (That and constantly running side to side to avoid

the Scions' shockwave attack.

)

@Chrisimo: I guess, but a robot or a clone would have probably been a better investment :lol:
Nothing is as good as the original Shepard as Miranda explained. Edited by Majek

1.13 killed off Ja2.

The Normandy Crash Site is enjoyable only if you're all weepy and nostalgic about ME1. Otherwise, it's a lame pixel hunt. And the memorial that the Alliance gives you to put there looks ridiculous.

I did the

dead Reaper

the dead Reaper bit different if you go there right away? Are some of the Cerberus crew still alive or something

? Also, on Tali's quest, I predictably failed the dialogue check at the end. I presume that making it

? (Personally, I don't really mind the outcome I got-- it's a more poetic sacrifice than making everything all better would be.)

Oh, and I now agree with whoever it was a while back who said that the usefulness of Throw lies in its quick cooldown time. The hordes of

husks on the dead Reaper

were a simple matter of getting enough distance so that Throw could recharge faster than the rate they were coming at me. (That and constantly running side to side to avoid

)

Haven't read the spoilers, but I didn't even have the option of picking Hero/Bad-ass options as they were grey for me. Needless to say, I rallied the crowd into almost lynching the pretentious powa-lorders, and got Tali off the hook. Now she wants me inside her body suit so she can make funky Quarian baby Sheps for me. :lol:

manthing2.jpg

@Chrisimo: I guess, but a robot or a clone would have probably been a better investment :lol:
Nothing is as good as the original Shepard as Miranda explained.

But think how many clones/robots you could get for all the money he spent on Shepard!

And I'm not really seeing the "Shepard as a symbol" thing.

No one one the Citadel(or most other places) gave a damn about Shep being alive.

Edited by Purkake

But think how many clones/robots you could get for all the money he spent on Shepard!

No one one the Citadel(or most other places) gave a damn about Shep being alive.

Yeah, but he's meant to be a symbol to the Humans.. and you don't really encounter that many "average citizen human"

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I did the

dead Reaper

The Reaper is always the same. But if you go there too soon you will be forced to make a choice regarding deaths.

The renegade option in the Tali case is really nice IMO. The admirals are not pleased :lol:. Of course they will let her go after that.

I did the

dead Reaper

husks on the dead Reaper

)

Dunno about the first, don't think so - yes to the second.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

BTW, if you choose to change your face after a save import, how the hell do people recognize you?