Fallout 2

according to your link Jet addiction is forever, although there is a quest-cure. I Think I'm going to cheat up 2 points of strength and 1 of Int and Luck, that way most perks are available.

You really ought to be able to see the whole perk list at character generation to be able to plan for the ones you wanted.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

I can't remember, does addiction eventually go away. I'm down to 3 strength and it's seriously hampering my shooting.

Apparently you get a penalty for not having the required strength to fire a weapon, which I think is pretty stupid, but I'm not going to restart just because my strength is 4 rather than 5 or 6 which lets you use all small arms without penalty. Ligth addiction also gives you a bonus to perception which actually helps shooting.

Is there anyway to increase your ability scores, perks, books, special stuff ?

iirc, the strength penalty is only 10% per stat point to chance to hit. So its easily overcome just by raising your skills higher.

If you are in an emergency situation, you can just take some buffout which will give you some extra strength. Plus power armor, if you choose to wear it, wil eventually raise your strength anyway.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

I'll just add that unless you are playing a melee/unarmed character there's little point to having a strength greater than 5. Unlike FO3, those stat points are vaulable and are better spent eleswhere. A guns character just doesn't need the extra strength. Your better off taking the sharpshooter perk and getting the bonus to perception which will help your to hit chance.

If you are really bent on spending a perk , you can take the gain strength perk at level 12 ( I think) which will give you +1 str, but again, unlike FO3, those perks are really valuable and I don't know if gaining a point of str is really worth a perk.

As I said before, if you really want to wield big guns, the power armor gives you a big strength bonus. Unless you don't like the PA (which I don't), there's no reason to have more than 4 strength at start. I usually take 5 since I never wear anything heavier than the combat armor.

Edited by Slowtrain
Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

I still use the leather jacket because everything else looks stupid.

I pretty much agree. But once I start facing Enclave patrols, my vanity loses out to common sense.

You really ought to be able to see the whole perk list at character generation to be able to plan for the ones you wanted.

I aggree, but i have to add that these games felt like they were designed to be played with the manual at hand. Lack of manual reference results in very different gaming experience.

I forgot how hard FO2 is. I have been running around for months in game time (rest untill fully healed) and I don't even have a gun. Can't buy one because I have low barter skill, so I have been running around the world map to see if I could find one lying around.

I think the main quest eventually times out and my tribe dies of starvation, can't be long now.

Violence is largely acceptable in the Den. Find Tubby and Flick and kill them, and then take their inventories. Some junkies might flail about (turn up your combat speed or you'll be waiting for awhile) but there will be no real resistance.

Five things that shows how Fallout 3 is better than Fallout 1 and 2:

1. It is graphically superior in every way, and allows greater immersion in its visual representation.

IMHO, Fallout 3 is an eyesore, and due to the constrained story, hinders immersion, made only worse by not being an emulation of PnP gameplay.

2. A far more open world with greater amount of quests to do within the game.

With 90% of the quests being completely irrelevant to your character's life, the lives of the respective quest givers, or the world as a whole.

3. It is highly and easily moddable, given its powerful tools system made public by Bethesda.

If it's not broke, why fix it... if it was broken to begin with, why should I have to fix it to enjoy it?

4. Far less pop culture "jokes" breaking immersion.

Whale and Petunias>AntAgonizer and the Mechanist.

5. Overall game length is nearly 2 to 3 times longer than that of Fallout 1 and 2 combined.

A mile of tripe is not better than an ounce of prime rib.

Five things that shows how Fallout 1 and 2 are better than Fallout 3 (**corrected**).

1. Tandi.

2. Greater strategic combat due to turn base style.

3. Smarter follower AI in Fallout 2, but not 1. Definitely not 1. DAMN YOU IAN!

4. The writing.

5. The voice acting was also superior. You can't beat Richard Dean Anderson and Michael Dorn. Not even with Liam Neison and Malcom McDowell.

QFT. Even Ian, who reminds me a lot of Christina in Wasteland... always running the SMG on auto.

Wasteland>Fallout 1>Fallout 2> FO:T>Fallout 3.

<>< <>< Fishy Fishy ><> ><>

Bethesda is amazing. They announced Fallout:New Vegas in April to release first official information in February. Did someone mix up the months?

No, someone had to work on the game for a year so that there would be information to give about it.

Bethesda is amazing.

No.

:lol:

Well it is.

It keeps on selling the same thing and people keep on buying it for over a decade.

And this is not toilet paper mind you.

PS Though they share certain qualities

Edited by RPGmasterBoo

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

Even if you have reasons to dislike Bethesda as a developer, they have done a stellar job as a publisher in the recent years. Just take financing FO:NV and having Obsidian develop it. If not for that Obsidian might very well be bankrupt by now.

Edited by Purkake

Its more indifference than dislike, the sort of sandbox gameplay their games revolve around is uninteresting to me. I also find the Elder Scrolls setting hopelessly dull and generic.

I'm disappointed in regards to their stupidity when tackling Fallout, as well as that their games have a huge fan base which I think is unwarranted.

There was a community poll in a local forum, probably the largest one of its kind in these parts, and the Elder Scrolls games scored just as highly as the best of Bioware's and Black Isle's games.

So they seem to be popular, but for the life of me I dunno why.

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

Well, I would blame both Bethesda and Obsidian. However, I had fun playing Fallout 3. I long ago decided to throw away those rose colored lenses of nostalgia and learned to play games for fun and only for fun.

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

And this is not toilet paper mind you.

That's just like...your opinion, man. [/Lebowski]

Well, I would blame both Bethesda and Obsidian. However, I had fun playing Fallout 3. I long ago decided to throw away those rose colored lenses of nostalgia and learned to play games for fun and only for fun.

Think really hard, Killian...and try to remember all of the arguments against your "Rose Colored Glasses v. Fallout 3" hypothesis. Try to remember how you never once actually addressed the argument once somebody stated their case. Think about all of the fallacies in your points of contention and how they repeatedly get thrown back in your face with detailed explanations. Now explain to me how or why you continue under the assumption that repeating something makes it so (this isn't Planescape, lad)?

If it's not, any blame should be on Obsidian.

Well, not any. Ever try to polish a turd? I'll be bowing to Obsidian if they can do anything remotely passable with what Bethesda is giving them.

Obsidian isn't polishing anything. For all intents and purposes, they are making a new game.

But don't let that stop your obsessive Bethesda hate.

I have no idea what your heartfelt answer could be.

You want a heartfelt answer, well, let me get a scalpel and massage your aorta. I use to be such a narrow minded gamer who sought to analyze every spoken and written line in a game. This was way back in the days of TeamBG and Black Isle. Back when I was so full of myself and nerd rage over Neverwinter Nights 1. Then I come to the realization that all this angst, all this critical viewing of games, and nitpicking over this and that got in the way of what is the true purpose of the game is. The game is meant to be fun.

If a game is not fun why whinge on about it when you can play a game that is fun? If a game is fun play it. If not, toss it aside and get a new game. If a developer and publisher make games that are fun for you then play them. If not, ignore them. That is how I got over myself, my nerd rage, and all this useless arguing and fuming over what is, what isn't, and what can never be. I am not here to argue. I am here to have fun.

No more and no less.

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

You want a heartfelt answer, well, let me get a scalpel and massage your aorta. I use to be such a narrow minded gamer who sought to analyze every spoken and written line in a game. This was way back in the days of TeamBG and Black Isle. Back when I was so full of myself and nerd rage over Neverwinter Nights 1. Then I come to the realization that all this angst, all this critical viewing of games, and nitpicking over this and that got in the way of what is the true purpose of the game is. The game is meant to be fun.

If a game is not fun why whinge on about it when you can play a game that is fun? If a game is fun play it. If not, toss it aside and get a new game. If a developer and publisher make games that are fun for you then play them. If not, ignore them. That is how I got over myself, my nerd rage, and all this useless arguing and fuming over what is, what isn't, and what can never be. I am not here to argue. I am here to have fun.

No more and no less.

Uh, no. No this is not an answer to the question I asked but a self-righteous explanation of your own philosophy about video-games. Try again.