Mass Effect 2

Pidesco

You guys miss all the cool bits.

153713-MassEffect2screen.jpg

I wonder if the good shepherd gets prettier(how would you be more "human"?) as the game goes on?

Dunno, but you can see small, slightly glowing marks on Shep's face in gameplay videos.

If it weren't Bioware you could also turn it around and make the ugly mech actually be the good guy who does what he must(actual sacrifices) and the pretty bio-dude the prissy guy who takes the easy way out.

Edited by Purkake

If it weren't Bioware you could also turn it around and make the ugly mech actually be the good guy who does what he must(actual sacrifices) and the pretty bio-dude the prissy guy who takes the easy way out.
I wanna do something like that if I ever (read: not in this lifetime) get myself around to learn scripting and using a game making engine.

" The charm and intimidation skills that unlocked special conversation options in the first game have been melded into the Paragon/Renegade system, which now unlocks options based on how much of a swell guy or jerk you've been. "

I really don't like that one. I'm OK with taking the conversation skills out, as they didn't add much to the first game and generally led to very poorly written ("you should reconsider" "oh, yeah, you're right") conversations-as-cover-for-a-skill-check. But this essentially ensure that, as in KotOR, the metagaming utility of conversation choices is going to trump roleplaying. Players will pick early on whether to go from the top or bottom of the dialogue wheel, and just do that over and over again for the rest of the game, or else risk the ineffectiveness of their character when higher level checks start coming in. They might as well just make it an option at character creation and take the dialogue choices out altogether.

Maybe the companion loyalty meters can make this a bit more complex, but I'm not optimistic.

I wanna do something like that if I ever (read: not in this lifetime) get myself around to learn scripting and using a game making engine.

As long as I get my royalties :lol:

Edited by Purkake

As long as I get my royalties :lol:

Royal buttkick? Sure, as many as you want. :p

What bothers me is that the review didn't know why he was getting paragon or renegade points. Bioware needs to be clear about what this ethical system means.

Anyways, a norwegian magazine leaked what looks to be the day one extra squadmate: Canderous? translate

Edited by Maria Caliban

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

I'm really interested to see how much of a jerk you'll have to be to actually develop creepy cyber eyes. Or do you really piss someone off and they'll give you cyber eyes out of spite?

@Maria: That is a really appealing picture of him...

zaeed3.jpg

Edited by Purkake

I'm really interested to see how much of a jerk you'll have to be to actually develop creepy cyber eyes. Or do you really piss someone off and they'll give you cyber eyes out of spite?

@Maria: That is a really appealing picture of him...

zaeed3.jpg

God those graphics are nice. I seriously thought it was a frame from a movie or something.

I wanna look like Arnold in T1 regardless of how douchy Ive been behaving. And they'd better not make it impossible to do nasty stuff just because you're mostly Paragon, I want to be able to treat annoying NPCs like dirt and murder the occasional Salarian just out of boredom.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "