Copenhagen Failure

Moose

I've seen articles where an entire chinese village just tosses their garbage into a giant mile long trench along a road and when the refuge pile is too high they set it on fire until it smolders to a reasonable level and then start topping it off again.

That's too terrible. They should have dumped their trash into Somali waters.

I'm sick of this "save the planet" bull.

What they really mean is "save humanity", and frankly my only feeling on this topic is, f**k humanity, we deserve to die, we're a virus with shoe's and if we can't agree to stop being retarded then f**k us.

Why not start with yourself?

He does have a logical point. If all humans are worthless then by inference YOU are worthless.

Me I chose to believe that many humans are awesome/curvy.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I can't wait to see the end of the world in a hundred years time.

I have decided that my bottomless faith in progress and defiance of natural order is best expressed through my attempts to dance.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I'm sick of this "save the planet" bull.

What they really mean is "save humanity", and frankly my only feeling on this topic is, f**k humanity, we deserve to die, we're a virus with shoe's and if we can't agree to stop being retarded then f**k us.

Why not start with yourself?

He does have a logical point. If all humans are worthless then by inference YOU are worthless.

Me I chose to believe that many humans are awesome/curvy.

I don't agree that it is a logical point. I never said human's were worthless, I don't believe we are, more implied that if we continue the way we are, like a virus, destroying our host, then aye... We'll go down with the ship and we deserve to as well.

My point more specifically is that if our leaders cannot percieve this threat, and agree to tackle the threat, then we deserve as a collective species to die.

If power, and greed, and money, and political weight is worth more to humanity than survival then f**k us, we are so blind, so ignorant of our suicidal path, so selfish for the moment, that no thought is paid to the future.

If we do not do something about the wound, we're going to die. WE fail, and we deserve our fate, because we choose to not save ourselves for all the wrong reasons.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

Lets all do as Al Gore suggests, abandon technology and return to feudal economics. It's a rough life but hey, the life expectancy was in the 40s so at least you did not have to deal with it for long.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Yes, because building energy efficient cars using alternative fuels is exactly the same as abandoning technology! Everyone knows that!

Right wing nonsense at it's most blatant stupidity.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Yes, because building energy efficient cars using alternative fuels is exactly the same as abandoning technology! Everyone knows that!

No sense of humor!

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

There is some truth to what Guard Dog is saying.

Energy efficient cars from alternative fuels still have to get the power from somewhere. New flat-screen TVs will use more power than your old tube TV. Also, Plasma TVs use more power than LCD TVs. As the technology gets better with some things (like TVs), the power consumptions also increases. One problem is that in plasma TVs, each pixel is a discrete light source (think of it as a tiny light bulb), so when resolution increases, say from 720p to 1080p, power use goes up as well.

Few people have just a TV anymore, and all sorts of ancillary devices contribute to your yearly energy costs as well. Think of all that's plugged into your set, from a DVD or Blu-ray player, an AV receiver, and a gaming console to a satellite receiver, DVR, or Slingbox that never really turns off. They all need power. It may not sound like much, but a DirecTV DVR can use about 33 watts, while a Slingbox draws about 9 watts--constantly. All told, these boxes can use more power than the TV itself, especially when it comes to gaming.

Don't give me too much credit Hiro, I am convince the whole concept of anthropogenic global warming is just absurd to begin with. For example, last year I posted a whole week long series the BBC ran on Mars and Venus and how their surface temps were rising and falling at an even rate with the earth. Nobody here wanted to believe it. It's become a religion to these nitwits. They can't explain it, they can't conclusively prove it, the skeptics cannot disprove it. But they believe it. Ironicly the one who do are ususally the same ones who just can't use the same logic to believe in God. I find that very comical.

Thomas Sowell

No sense of humor!

You weren't naked when you said it.

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

It's become a religion to these nitwits. They can't explain it, they can't conclusively prove it, the skeptics cannot disprove it. But they believe it. Ironicly the one who do are ususally the same ones who just can't use the same logic to believe in God. I find that very comical.

Well, that goes both ways. Those who can't prove God's existance but still believe in Him don't generally use their logic to believe in Global Warming. At least I'm consistent. I believe in both.

Hey now, my mother is huge and don't you forget it. The drunk can't even get off the couch to make herself a vodka drenched sandwich. Octopus suck.

Don't give me too much credit Hiro, I am convince the whole concept of anthropogenic global warming is just absurd to begin with. For example, last year I posted a whole week long series the BBC ran on Mars and Venus and how their surface temps were rising and falling at an even rate with the earth. Nobody here wanted to believe it. It's become a religion to these nitwits. They can't explain it, they can't conclusively prove it, the skeptics cannot disprove it. But they believe it. Ironicly the one who do are ususally the same ones who just can't use the same logic to believe in God. I find that very comical.

Who said anything about me actually having the belief that global warming is occuring due to man's intervention. No, my opinion is more that if this is infact the case, and we cannot address it, then well.. f*** humanity, looks like we fail.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

China and US played this event great. EU will pay up (with debt money), few 3rd world dictators get new yacht and some guns and everything else stay about the same. And by same I mean that heavy industry contine to flee into China while we take more debt and figure out even more complex financial instrument deriatives for the NEXT bubble.

:lol:

Let's play Alpha Protocol

My misadventures on youtube.

Who said anything about me actually having the belief that global warming is occuring due to man's intervention.

well, you did directly say that WE were destroying our host. you even went on to anthropomorphize the earth by calling the damage a "wound."

No, my opinion is more that if this is infact the case, and we cannot address it, then well.. f*** humanity, looks like we fail.

or we adapt?

taks

Edited by Tigranes
Consistency

comrade taks... just because.

adapt to what, exactly? i'm not sure it's possible to adapt if the worst case scenario comes true, at least not without huge effort, much bigger than just trying to reduce our carbon emissions. it's pretty funny how you say adapting is a solution because whatever will happen, the worst of it will come after you're dead. so you're basically saying **** it, i aint gonna change my wasteful ways, future generations can always adapt right?

kinda selfish.

oh and the point isn't if global warming is man made or not or if there's anything we can do about it anymore, it's that whatever the reason or outcome, your solution to the problem is that future generations should just "adapt".

Edited by Lare Kikkeli

adapt to what, exactly? i'm not sure it's possible to adapt if the worst case scenario comes true, at least not without huge effort, much bigger than just trying to reduce our carbon emissions.

Actually to adept is the correct way to go as that's what we humans do the best. Worst case scenario might be same with 1km asteroid collision, global nuclear winter, nearby star going supernova, massive volcano, Malthusian catastrophe, global pandemic or peak oil financial breakdown. We could prepare for each one of the scenarios but it would be extremely expensive and ultimately impossible because not enough of the people would accept that it's the right thing to do.

Let's play Alpha Protocol

My misadventures on youtube.

adapt to what, exactly? i'm not sure it's possible to adapt if the worst case scenario comes true, at least not without huge effort, much bigger than just trying to reduce our carbon emissions.

Actually to adept is the correct way to go as that's what we humans do the best. Worst case scenario might be same with 1km asteroid collision, global nuclear winter, nearby star going supernova, massive volcano, Malthusian catastrophe, global pandemic or peak oil financial breakdown. We could prepare for each one of the scenarios but it would be extremely expensive and ultimately impossible because not enough of the people would accept that it's the right thing to do.

the difference here is that this is actually happening. if we were certain that a 1km asteroid was going to hit earth in 100 years, i bet we'd do all we could to avert it (maybe sen bruce willis to handle it) instead of just going "meh, **** happens. we'll adapt".

also we are trying to adapt to oil running out at the moment, before it actually has. same with pandemics, sars and pig flu have both been really mild yet we've got a lot of practise from them and i bet most western countries have some kind of stategy for them planned.

anyway i know im preaching to the wrong choir.