Steam Holiday Sale

Morgoth

ah so many lovely sales. Several being games I bought within the last 2 months and now wish that I had more patience :*

I want to pick up several more but I need to get a new job before then. I hope my interview this morning goes well, perhaps I could justify another game if I know that I have a job secured heh heh.

I got GTA 4.

I got GTA 4. Then i got bored of GTA 4 real fast. Which was surprising given how long i spent playing Vice City and San Andreas.

I'm a big fan of story-driven games, characterisation and all that, but not when it gets in the way of random acts of violence and general mayhem. GTA 4 was too much like hard work.

Edited by newc0253

dumber than a bag of hammers

Bought myself the entire Prince of Persia collection. The Sands of Time games are some of my favorites and I'm looking forward to the new PoP they have coming out set in the Sands universe. I also liked the 2008 PoP, but not as much. Looking forward to playing through the Sands trilogy with the widescreen patch.

Also bought Torchlight, Trine and Ghostbusters.

Thinking of picking up Deus Ex Invisible War and Thief, Deadly Shadows.

mirrors edge, total war medieval 2, defense grid and indigo prophecy

for a grand total of 15$

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

man purkake, somehow you've got me more excited to play the game than the 3$ price tag did!

is it like staring into the soul of Lovecraft himself? or is the madness more akin to a drunken mall santa blowing snot bubbles while shouting obscene words to the tune of jingle bells?

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

****, I can't find my debit Master Card. 14 hours till today's part of the sale ends! Ahhhh!

What did you want from that part of the sale? It seemed that the titles there were mainly older-to-very-old ones. :ermm:

Also, I think everything excluding the deals labeled "today only" will remain the same, so unless you were after one of those you should be fine. :ermm:

Edited by Deadly_Nightshade

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

****, I can't find my debit Master Card. 14 hours till today's part of the sale ends! Ahhhh!

What did you want from that part of the sale? It seemed that the titles there were mainly older-to-very-old ones. :ermm:

Also, I think everything excluding the deals labeled "today only" will remain the same, so unless you were after one of those you should be fine. :ermm:

You're right. Just Mirror's Edge and maybe Operation Flashpoint if the reviews are good.

I pray that no more souls should experience the madness that is Indigo Prophecy's second half. Such a thing was never meant to be, but still it entices new victims in the bargain bins and Steams sales. To play Indigo Prophecy is to know true madness.
Amen.

man purkake, somehow you've got me more excited to play the game than the 3$ price tag did!

is it like staring into the soul of Lovecraft himself? or is the madness more akin to a drunken mall santa blowing snot bubbles while shouting obscene words to the tune of jingle bells?

The latter.

I'd say somewhere in between. At first you try to be rational, you think, surely this is a joke or perhaps a bold move on the developers part. After playing some more you realize in horror that it is all dead serious, you rub your eyes, but it doesn't go away, ever.

What are your opinions on the following games?

Silent Hunter 3

World in Conflict

Majesty Gold (includes xpack)

Majesty 2

Mount & Blade

Europa Universalis 3 Complete (seems to include xpacks)

Gothic 3 (metacritic says 63%? Ew!)

Sword of the Stars Ultimate Collect (includes xpacks)

Indie games:

Gish

Roboblitz

Mr Robot

Crayon Physics

Europa Universalis 3 Complete (seems to include xpacks)

Does not include the third xpack released last week, but is still a damn good game. Best simulation/strategy game of 14th-18th century Europe, period (unless one prefers EU2).

Gothic 3 (metacritic says 63%? Ew!)

Buggy and unfinished, but very fun. Extensive fanmade patches now available to eradicate nearly all bugs and performance issues. Worth a try.

$3.39 Indigo Prophecy

Is great, go play.

$9.99 Machinarium

I forgot about this, gonna see if it's anywhere else than Steam so I can buy it.