Why it's important to stop Al Qaeda

Walsingham

What's an abortion clinic bombing?" - GreasyDogMeat, 2009

How many innocents have been killed by suicide bombers in the last decade? I see a news story about it EVERY day. By groups who plan it.

How many innocents at abortion clinics have been killed in the last decade? Happens what... once every couple of years by some loner?

Weak attempt at saying Christian terrorists come close to Al Qaida. I know you don't believe me, so please, this holiday visit a Christian family this year, even a more extreme one and discuss things that would piss them off. Then go visit a cave with Al-Qaida, talk about things that piss them off (I know you actually agree with them, but just pretend to be an imperialistic American pig) and observe the results.

Damn, I just responded to a LoF post... I keep forgetting not to feed trolls.

Edited by GreasyDogMeat

How many innocents have been killed by suicide bombers in the last decade? I see a news story about it EVERY day. By groups who plan it.

How many innocents at abortion clinics have been killed in the last decade? Happens what... once every couple of years by some loner?

Firstly, you hear news stories about it "every day" because your imperialist media is attempting to make you submit with the germ of patriotism. Secondly, the second-largest act of mass-murder in the United States was committed by a Christian on ideological grounds which many Christians in the United States agree with, and there are quite a few acts of terrorism committed by Christian groups, no matter what you'd prefer to believe.
Weak attempt at saying Christian terrorists come close to Al Qaida. I know you don't believe me, so please, this holiday visit a Christian family this year, even a more extreme one and discuss things that would piss them off. Then go visit a cave with Al-Qaida, talk about things that piss them off (I know you actually agree with them, but just pretend to be an imperialistic American pig) and observe the results.
lol you know as well as I do that Al-Qaeda is to Islam as ethnic cleansers in the Balkans are to Christians. They are crazy ****ers, sure, but their actions have about as much to do with their religion as mine do. I doubt you could find a Muslim in Turkey who would react to badmouthing his religion the way that a Serbian war criminal would, either.

"Major war crimes are solely based on the religion of the people who commit them, and have nothing to do with the economic, international or ideological situation of the countries involved. Stalin did what he did because he was an atheist. Al-Qaeda does what it does because they are Muslim. Pee pee doo doo I am bad at political analysis." - GreasyDogMeat, 2009

Do you know why Al-Qaeda committed the largest act of terrorism on United States soil ever? Because we are imperialist scum who have ****ed up their countries and peoples. It is not because of their religion; their religion is purely coincidental to their hatred. They may try to justify their hatred of the United States from a religious standpoint, but you'd be hard-pressed to find the part of the Koran where it says "Hey, you know the United States? Yeah, bomb the **** out of it."

Judge a religion's worth by all of its members and history, DN. Personally, I think all the Abrahamic Religions have shown themselves to downright vicious and cruel over the course of history.

Yep, Mother Theresa was a downright bastard. Those church soup kitchens in my neighborhood are also clearly a breeding ground for horribleness.

For 1 Mother Theresa in a religion there are at least 10,000 Rev. Phelps and Pat Robertsons.

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

lol you know as well as I do that Al-Qaeda is to Islam as ethnic cleansers in the Balkans are to Christians. They are crazy ****ers, sure, but their actions have about as much to do with their religion as mine do. I doubt you could find a Muslim in Turkey who would react to badmouthing his religion the way that a Serbian war criminal would, either.

"Major war crimes are solely based on the religion of the people who commit them, and have nothing to do with the economic, international or ideological situation of the countries involved. Stalin did what he did because he was an atheist. Al-Qaeda does what it does because they are Muslim. Pee pee doo doo I am bad at political analysis." - GreasyDogMeat, 2009

WOW! Captain Obvious! Are we talking about standard Muslims? NO! We're talking about the nut jobs, but you can't talk about 'Islamo-fascists' without somebody throwing a fit and bringing Christians into the mix. Call terrorists animals suddenly fools start thinking Wrath is talking about the entire religion. They are nothing but animals and deserve only death, as does anyone who would kill children to use as rallying propaganda, Christian or otherwise, and gee I haven't heard of any Christians doing this lately.

See... the topic is about Al-Qaida... pee wee doo dee dur. :)

Once again, everybody is dumb.

No better way to be.

The forum would get boring.

The forum would be empty. :)

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Yeah, the Christian fundamentalists are killing children in other ways instead. :)

I heard about that... stupid parents. Not really seeing the connection to Al Qaida though. Even if you are still arguing from the stand point that fundamental Christians are just as evil/awful/etc as Al-Qaida I'm still not buying that refusing to give medicine is on the same level of disgusting as executing kids to use as propaganda.

Hopefully the parents catch some horrible disease that requires regular treatment. I wonder if they'll still stick to their beliefs.

Yeah, the Christian fundamentalists are killing children in other ways instead. :p

I heard about that... stupid parents. Not really seeing the connection to Al Qaida though. Even if you are still arguing from the stand point that fundamental Christians are just as evil/awful/etc as Al-Qaida I'm still not buying that refusing to give medicine is on the same level of disgusting as executing kids to use as propaganda.

Hopefully the parents catch some horrible disease that requires regular treatment. I wonder if they'll still stick to their beliefs.

No, no, see, you're doing it wrong. Christianity only comes in the form of moronic, buck-toothed Baptists from the deep South, blithely quoting the KJV verbatim.

... Sort of like Islam only comes in the form of child-exploding lunatics.

This particularly rapid, unintelligible patter isn't generally heard, and if it is, it doesn't matter.

No, no, see, you're doing it wrong. Christianity only comes in the form of moronic, buck-toothed Baptists from the deep South, blithely quoting the KJV verbatim.

... Sort of like Islam only comes in the form of child-exploding lunatics.

and Roman Catholics only come in the form of child molesters.. Yes I see where you are going with this!

Fortune favors the bald.

They are nothing but animals and deserve only death, as does anyone who would kill children to use as rallying propaganda, Christian or otherwise, and gee I haven't heard of any Christians doing this lately.
Like I said... the second largest terrorist act ever committed in the United States was done by a Christian.

Also, please stop referring to human beings as "animals" unless you mean this in a strict scientific sense. It dehumanizes us and takes away from our inherent value.

Singular stories of cruelty are to be found in any conflict, not that I disagree that the Taliban must be stopped. It's just not very fruitful to demonize the enemy to the point where you are nolonger trying to understand his motivations.
The Taliban's motivations with regards to the American occupation are simple, obvious, and understandable. Their own governmental style and their relationship with terrorism are not the same, and have very little to do with their resistance. Actions like "show corpses of children and say that Americans killed them" have nothing to do with the Taliban's ruling style in 2000.
I just yesterday read that 30 Danish soldiers have been killed in Afghanistan. I had no idea it was that many. I mean out of a force of a couple of hundred.
Good.

What is good ?

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Imperialist this, imperialist that. LoF talks like a Red Alert villain.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Using the term "Islamo-nazis" or "Islamo-fascists" shows that you have no concept of what fascism, Nazism or Islam is. Also, those methods have little to nothing to do with their religion, but rather their desperation and limited resources; at best, you could argue that their religion grants them some inner peace that allows them to do such terrible things with the assurance that they are right, but the same behavior exists in widespread and disparate groups (e.g. Tamil Tigers). Fascism is a complex political philosophy with actual theoretical underpinnings; Wahhabism is just a new shade of religious "fundamentalism," where huge amounts of tradition are ignored or written off in order to inherit a backwards misinterpretation of their holy texts.

Actually, deriding him for using the term merely illustrates how far up Das Kapital you've been rammed. Fascism has few central beliefs. Stylistically it is in favour of 'strength' and against democracy, wrapped around a core of 'whatever the **** I feel like'. Fascist also had a love of death and martyrdom. This is perfectly consistent with Al Qaeda's poltical views, and certainly consistent with the training and mindset of their operatives.

The mere fact that you are still alluding to wahhabist links in Al Qaeda underlines the fact that you are dabbling in this arena. The consensus for several years has been that Egyptian Muslim Brotherhood thinkers were key in the creation of Al Qaeda, and certainly vital in its maintenance and growth. The Saudis may have sent men and materiel, but men and materiel only constitute the 'tip of the iceberg'.

Leaving LoF for a minute, several people have said that atrocities occur on every side. To me this smacks of intellectual laziness/cowardice (although clearly in this instance I know it isn't). There is a difference between the actions of a movement predicated on the sacrifice of innocents, and the wholesale use of terror, and our own forces who investigate, prosecute and punish people who do this.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Like I said... the second largest terrorist act ever committed in the United States was done by a Christian.

Actually, it was done by an agnostic. Which is rather embarassing because I consider myself one as well. He did grow up in a Roman Catholic house though before moving away from the religion.

Also, please stop referring to human beings as "animals" unless you mean this in a strict scientific sense. It dehumanizes us and takes away from our inherent value.

I'm so VERY sorry I've hurt your delicate sensibilities. :p Terrorists have no inherent value. Unless you are talking Soilent Green... Then again terrorists might be kind of stringy... :)

LoF we are animals.

The point of human existence can be summed up as this.

We consume. We fornicate. We kill. We defecate.

Everything else is just details.

Edited by Killian Kalthorne

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

... and gee I haven't heard of any Christians doing this lately.

Yeah, the Christian fundamentalists are killing children in other ways instead. -_-

These are not Christian fundamentalists, this is a loony religious cult. Not every Christian you hate automatically becomes a "Christian fundmentalist". A Christian fundamentalist is someone who insists on a fairly literal interpretation of the Bible. So far as I know there's nothing in the Bible about refusing medical treatment, that's a sign of being a nutcase (shared by the non-Christian Chinese Fulan-gon btw), not a sign of fundamentalism.

Edited by Wrath of Dagon

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan