London-centric mentalism

Walsingham

Wait, you actually think helicopters are more important than the BBC?

Can't speak for Monte, but do I think properly equipping the armed forces is more important than the absurd comfort of BBC fat-cats? Hell yes.

This particularly rapid, unintelligible patter isn't generally heard, and if it is, it doesn't matter.

Can't speak for Monte, but do I think properly equipping the armed forces is more important than the absurd comfort of BBC fat-cats? Hell yes.

You can't be serious. It's the sports department we're talking about, for God's sake!

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics...-at-550000.html

As many will have noticed, I f***ing hate London. I hate the pollution. I hate the miserable bastards who live there. I hate the way they spend all day doing nothing but being even more miserable and miserifying each other. I especially hate the insistence that it's full of culture when no-one ever seems to use any of it. But more than anything I hate the house prices.

The house in the above link is 66 inches wide, and going for

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

If the mortgage is that long you might as well rent. At least you don't have to worry about doing maintenance for the place or shovel the walk if you rent.

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

If one hates London they should move to Iowa. Everyone should move to Iowa. Iowa FTW! Its cheaper than California that is for sure.

I used to live in Oregon, one thing I remember as always being overpriced was milk, milk was freaking expensive...

:| The American's won't let me in. You can blame Feargus and co. for not sponsering me.

Maybe it's because of your double post and double misspell of the word sponsor.

:lol: Funny. Real funny. I'm cooking food ya know.

I wasn't myself in London

Was the problem from inhaling all the smog? :lol:

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I once drove across Iowa. I have to say there wasn't much to see (Oooooh! A rock!) and my meatloaf cassette (it was a while back) got stuck in the car stereo so I'm Gonna Love Her for Both of Us will forever remind me of Des Moines. Which I think is in Iowa.

All I remember was the cold (it was late November), excellent pancakes and friendly people who genuinely couldn't understand my English accent.

Cheers

MC

sonsofgygax.JPG

People get really excited about house prices going up, as in hurray! But unless you trade down you don't see any improvement.

Actually, I'm pretty much resigned to the fact that I'm going to have to sit in my nice northern three bed house, drinking and eating cheaply, and enjoying women who smile back at you; while my friends are all stuck in London, ekeing out tins of beans from waitrose by the flickering light of hobo fires outside their tiny flat.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

People get really excited about house prices going up, as in hurray! But unless you trade down you don't see any improvement.

Actually, I'm pretty much resigned to the fact that I'm going to have to sit in my nice northern three bed house, drinking and eating cheaply, and enjoying women who smile back at you; while my friends are all stuck in London, ekeing out tins of beans from waitrose by the flickering light of hobo fires outside their tiny flat.

Don't rub it in, I miss Yorkshire enough as it is.

Don't rub it in, I miss Yorkshire enough as it is.

The bit about the women is especially true. Two of my friend's have remarked that in London the women look amazing, but won't even talk to you. Here they are slightly less attractive, but infinitely more approachable. This is why whenever friends come to visit they insist on going out.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I have a few friends who live or have lived in England for extended periods of time, and they all think English women people are horribly ugly, even in London. One of them even goes so far as to declare that he has only seen one beautiful English woman. This after living in England for 3 or 4 years. As if everyone in England is a member of the Royle family

Now, I've been to the British Isles a couple of times visiting, and I'm not sure I agree with it. I've certainly seen beautiful English women. But I can see where they are coming from, because of the English type.

This is all a response to Wals saying London women look amazing. They don't. Even if I don't think they are as ugly as all that.

Disclaimer: I think Diana Rigg is one of the most beautiful women of all time.

Heja Sverige!!

You can't be serious. It's the sports department we're talking about, for God's sake!

The only thing worse than actually playing a sport is watching it on TV, so yes, yes I can.

This particularly rapid, unintelligible patter isn't generally heard, and if it is, it doesn't matter.

I have a few friends who live or have lived in England for extended periods of time, and they all think English women people are horribly ugly, even in London. One of them even goes so far as to declare that he has only seen one beautiful English woman. This after living in England for 3 or 4 years.

My response to your friend is that unlike Continental women, ours are quite prepared to hide if a man is sufficiently hideous or obnoxious.

-Elwood Blues

I've met loads of gorgeous Australian women. Very impressive, especially if you consider I've never been to Australia.

Heja Sverige!!