Dragon Age: Tactics

It's cheese, but that was my first character. Even though I couldn't afford to buy the Grandmaster Dweomer rune and had to make do with the Master Dweomer rune I looted, my Templar was still 96 or 98 % magic resistant and untouchable by every spell. It was kinda amusing watching Gaxkang blow through his entire arsenal on my Templar with half a dozen "Resisted" bubbles popping over my char's head.

Edited by jaguars4ever
manthing2.jpg

Why not? That's 4 item slots and 3 runes dedicated to it.

agreed. is maybe only 1 or 2 battles that we would even want to be outfitted with such a get-up... and is pretty expensive to buy spellward, the knight commander plate, and grandmaster runes. somebody wanna spend big gold to breeze through 2 battles? be our guest.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

"Why not? That's 4 item slots and 3 runes dedicated to it."

Read Jag's post. It's plain old cheese. Being completely immune to magic (or physical damage) is cheese. People ar eclaiming x spell is overpwoered, but 100% Spell resistance is way more overpwoered. I don'tt hink you should be allowed to have more than 75%. 75% is still extremely high but at least you aren't immune.

In fact, 100% Magic Resistance is the beiggest cheese in this game. It's as lame as people bragging about haveing 100%+ Fire Resistance in the IE games and regenerating hit points when hit by frie attacks. LAME L*A*M*E lAmE

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

^ My rogue game rocks but I can't find any really awesome light armour. Wasn't looking for it during my warrior playthrough, just gave the Drakeskin stuff to Zev. Anybody know where I can get me some?

Shadow of the Empire. Sold by one of the smiths in Orzammar, one of the outdoors fellows I think. Will cost you around 25 gold or so. but it's a nice piece of armor. Better than the drake scales imo.

^ My rogue game rocks but I can't find any really awesome light armour. Wasn't looking for it during my warrior playthrough, just gave the Drakeskin stuff to Zev. Anybody know where I can get me some?

Shadow of the Empire. Sold by one of the smiths in Orzammar, one of the outdoors fellows I think. Will cost you around 25 gold or so. but it's a nice piece of armor. Better than the drake scales imo.

dunno 'bout the better part. won't give you better armour and your defense will actually suffer a little compared to what it would be with wade's superior, but the str boost improves your attack and damage slightly over a wade outfitted player. with the shadow armour you do loose the fire resistance, and your fatigue costs will be significantly higher. with wade's superior our fatigue penalty is actually a bonus of -6.1%.

am recalling a massive expensive suit of drakeskin at wade's... gave good bonuses to defense, dexterity and armour... can't recall the name.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Di,

Go into her Tactics tab and simply enter as a condition SELF > ENEMY and action > USE RANGED WEAPONS removing any references to melee, swapping them with ranged weapons too.

I'll try that, thanks! Do you mean that I have to take her daggers away as well? There could be times I'd like her to use them, so taking them away is a last resort.

^ No, keep whatever weapons you like in the spare slot.

In the combat tabs you'll see actions. The ones on the left give you the situation (i.e. See Enemy) and the ones on the right let you tell the character what to do with that situation (i.e. use scatter-shot, use health poultice etc.)

When I made her a melee archer, with the appropriate talent, I configured the tabs that whatever happened she used Ranged Weapons unless health > 20% where I got her to chug a potion and go melee weapons. I also made Sten her bodyguard: look in the options and you'll see character attacked... for Sten I put in weapon sweep when she was hurting - that took out lots of baddies around her / stunned them etc.

My advice is take a bit of time looking at the tactics tabs - they are a bit of effort to learn but you can do some astonishingly cool things with them.

Cheers

MC

sonsofgygax.JPG

"100% magic resistant"

Is that possible?

Knight Commander plate = 40% MR

The Spellward (amulet) = 30% MR

Key to the City (ring) = 4% MR

Starfang with 2 grandmaster dweomer runes & 1 expert dweomer rune = 26% MR

Total: 100% magic resistance

Starfang, Knight Commander plate -> from Soldier's Peak, I wager?

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

MC: Thanks! I messed around with tactics on my first game, but ended up hurting myself more than helping due to my ignorance. I finally just had them chug potions when their health was 25%, and having my warriors protect my healer. This game I'm the mage, so I need my DPS folk to do what I want them to so I don't have to babysit them. Gonna have to spend more time figuring out the complexities of tactics so Wynne doesn't petrify every low-level mob she sees (I made her save it for Elite and above) and waste mana on casting rejuvenate instead of heal party when we're all on our last legs! I wanted Leliana to use her dirty tricks when she was attacked with melee, but that just made her yank out the old daggers again.

Clearly, Leliana and I have a failure to communicate. ;(

BTW, glad you're having fun with your rogue. I absolutely adored playing with my little assassin gal!

Edited by ~Di

Arcane Warrior spoiler

On the second level of the elven ruins in the Brescilian forest is a phylactery and an altar. It's easy to find, it looks like an old library. Pick up phylactery, the spirit inside asks you to put it to rest... follow the dialogue options and it will offer to teach you the arcane warrior path... matters not which class your character is.

The room with the golden globe in the middle. Where is the phylactery ?. I haven't noticed anything that can be manipulated there.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

"100% magic resistant"

Is that possible?

Knight Commander plate = 40% MR

The Spellward (amulet) = 30% MR

Key to the City (ring) = 4% MR

Starfang with 2 grandmaster dweomer runes & 1 expert dweomer rune = 26% MR

Total: 100% magic resistance

Starfang, Knight Commander plate -> from Soldier's Peak, I wager?

yes & no

starfang= yes

knight commander plate = no (frostback mountains... the trader involved in sten's sword quest)

HA! Good Fun!

Arcane Warrior spoiler

On the second level of the elven ruins in the Brescilian forest is a phylactery and an altar. It's easy to find, it looks like an old library. Pick up phylactery, the spirit inside asks you to put it to rest... follow the dialogue options and it will offer to teach you the arcane warrior path... matters not which class your character is.

The room with the golden globe in the middle. Where is the phylactery ?. I haven't noticed anything that can be manipulated there.

800px-Lower_Ruins.JPG

There you go, kensai-mage to be. ;(

manthing2.jpg

I've currently got a set of armour from Mikhail at Warden's Keep that looks like the Shadow Legion armour from BG2... ain't optimal for my level but looks to cool to get rid of.

I will go the Drakeskin route for my rogue after Sacred Ashes, for my next fighter / 2H / archer build will probably go with the ancient elven armour.

I think I've stumbled upon the finest light armor in the game:

The Felon's Coat:

Material: Drakeskin (Tier 7)

Armor: 9.00

Fatigue: 2.30%

+6 dexterity

+9 defense

+4 armor

+1 stamina regeneration in combat

+15 physical resistance

Buy it at Wade's Emporium in Denerim...for a whopping 89 sovereigns!

manthing2.jpg

The whole set. I tried to do the same thing with my Shield of Highever. No dice.

Which shopkeep is it btw? The ****ney brother or the armorer brother?

The ****ney brother.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

The whole set. I tried to do the same thing with my Shield of Highever. No dice.

Which shopkeep is it btw? The ****ney brother or the armorer brother?

The ****ney brother.

Hawt diggidy!1 I sold my Warden armor set, did a few side quests, popped back, and the boots have turned into tier 5 red steel, while the plate and gloves have turned into tier 6 silverite (better than my blood dragon armor).

I could cash out now and be a very happy bunny...but I think I'll wait it out.

manthing2.jpg

Not totally tactic-related, but on the topic of Wade's Emporium, I dropped back in after Landsmeet was called to get some better gear, and the guy behind the counter wouldn't even talk to me. Threw me out of the shop. Er, is that supposed to happen, plotwise, or did I unwittingly do something to piss the guy off? Happen to anyone else?

it happens after you take up too much of wades time making the drakeskin dragonebone stuff

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

it happens after you take up too much of wades time making the drakeskin dragonebone stuff

Damn! So there's no way to have Wade make both the drakeskin and the dragon armor? Have to choose one? I did not know that. :(

oh no thats not right, it only happened to me after making both...

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

I used to just make one drakeskin and one dragon, but this playthrough I actually found all 6 drake scales so I'm going for the 20-sovereign premium drakeskin armour for Leliana. It's taking a long time to finish, though, so we'll see. I didn't think the dragon-scale was that special, considering you find about 20 high-class heavy armour in late-game quests, but good light armour really is worthwhile.

I used to just make one drakeskin and one dragon, but this playthrough I actually found all 6 drake scales so I'm going for the 20-sovereign premium drakeskin armour for Leliana. It's taking a long time to finish, though, so we'll see. I didn't think the dragon-scale was that special, considering you find about 20 high-class heavy armour in late-game quests, but good light armour really is worthwhile.

wade has no sense of time. simply enter another building in denerim after leaving wade's... then return. your armour will be finished.

oddly enough, the 20 sovereigns doesn't seem to improve the improved drakeskin armour, but it will improve the dragon armour if you choose to have wade make a suit of dragon scale armour. wade won't charge you for the dragon scale, but if you paid 20 to get "perfect" drakeskin THEN you gets improved dragon scale. go figure.

HA! Good Fun!