Global warming scam exposed!

Wrath of Dagon

I dont know enough about it to determine if we're past the point of no return but if it is man made at least we can take some measures to mitigate the damage. If its just one of the Earths normal temperature cycles, such as the Medieval Warm Period and the following Little Ice Age, then theres no point in flailing about by spending billions (trillions?) and stifling emerging countries.

It would be a good start if you Americans would eat less Hambugers... :*

Gladly - in fact I would vote to eliminate them altogether as they're not that great for you nor do they taste good. -_-

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

It would be a good start if you Americans would eat less Hambugers... -_-

I propose a compromise: soilent burgers, good for the environment, okay for you.

[edit] on second thought, notsogood for you, CUZ IMMA MAEK MAH PEPOL BERGER OUTA U!!1!

Edited by Mikhailian

But for all of us, there will come a point where it does matter, and it's gonna be like having a miniature suit-head shoving sticks up your butt all the time. - Tigranes

Firstly those of us eating steak will be able to fight you vegenerds for the few remaining dry spots on Earth. Then eat you.

Secondly, I got posted this article on sun activity today. I'm not sure but I think it means we may go into catastrophic cooling after 2015 due to sunspot trends bottoming out. I'm not necessarily saying it's true. But if it is we may be grateful for global warming.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I guess this would explain the recent cooling. Quick, we need to spend $50 trillion to move the earth closer to the sun to counter act this.

What about if we, as a species, chased Sand around North America on foot waving bamboo sticks and hammering gongs? That would generate heat.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

The "trick" explained some more (it's bigger than it appears): http://www.americanthinker.com/2009/12/und...egates_hid.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/columni...-the-world.html

Reminds me of a Monty Python episode, "The Larch"

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

From what I saw, it's just propaganda without any data to back it up, admittedly I didn't bother to watch the entire 9 minutes. The article I posted goes into a very detailed explanation and presents actual evidence, if you want to argue against it you need to post an article which discredits what my link says.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

...if you want to argue against it you need to post an article which discredits what my link says.

He just did and you went "it's just propaganda" - but hey, I'm sure that you're far more "fair and balanced" than anyone else. :(

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

From what I saw, it's just propaganda without any data to back it up, admittedly I didn't bother to watch the entire 9 minutes. The article I posted goes into a very detailed explanation and presents actual evidence, if you want to argue against it you need to post an article which discredits what my link says.

Actually, the video does show refutation of the links you posted. Including exactly what they were discussion, why they were discussing it, and what it meant.

Hell on at least one point (where one of the doctors actually said "I don't think this is true") it was PUBLICIZED IN THE GUYS OWN ARTICLES HE'S WRITTEN!

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

OK, I'll look at it again, I heard him say something like that, but nothing that would refute the article. Mostly he was saying "trick" can mean other things, but the article presents evidence for what it actually meant in this context. At what time in the video are you referring to?

I just saw a documentary about this leak. Seems like some of the leading members of the ICCP have faked results by combining tree ring data with thermometer data (the hockey stick diagram) which is a huge no-no since the two ways aren't comparable, and they've also used scare tactics and bullying to scare spectics silent. It IS a huge blow to the ICCP. It does cast a shadow on the whole organization and we might have to reassess how serious the threat of climate change is and if anything we can do about it will actually be of any use.

What it doesn't do however, no matter how much poor Dagon would like it to, is show proof that the climate change doesn't exist at all. It just shows how much we don't know about the mechanics of Earths atmosphere. Reducing greenhouse gas emissions and trying to stop using fossil fuels is only a good thing no matter if theres a threat of us being to our ankles in seawater or not.

To summarize, ICCP hasn't been doing real science and it's a good thing that their unscientific ways have come to to light. This however should not mean we bury our heads in the sand and forget all about the whole climate change. On the contrary it means that we have to take the whole thing even more seriously and put a lot more money into research, both hippies and sceptics.

Edited by Lare Kikkeli

I love how people who don't believe in the climate changing because of man are hanging onto this small group of scientists who appear to have falsified their data. Nevermind the other tens of thousands of scientists who do not need to falsify anything. Since there are some rotten eggs in the basket, they must all be rotten, thus my own, home-made theory must be true (Hell, my thermometer shows it's colder today than last night! Global warming, pfft).

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I love how people who don't believe in the climate changing because of man are hanging onto this small group of scientists who appear to have falsified their data.

Well, really, our current data sample is so small compared to the vast epochs of geologic time that all we can do is guess about whether humans are creating dlimate change or not.

That being said, it doesn't take a great deal of genius to realize that we have to respect the ecology of our planet for a wide variety of reasons, simply because we've got no place else to go.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

I love how people who don't believe in the climate changing because of man are hanging onto this small group of scientists who appear to have falsified their data. Nevermind the other tens of thousands of scientists who do not need to falsify anything. Since there are some rotten eggs in the basket, they must all be rotten, thus my own, home-made theory must be true (Hell, my thermometer shows it's colder today than last night! Global warming, pfft).

It's a bit more sinister than this. All members of the ICCP use data that is based on the falsified data these core members made. Also the database where all data is stored and the code used to make the simulations is apparently so messed up that no one can make sense of it, not even the ICCP. So it could be that while the vast majority of the scientists working for the ICCP are honest and legit the core data which they compare they results to has been falsified or corrupted.

For example tree ring data, which has been used to measure earths temperature differs from thermometer data. Tree rings show a decline in temperature since the 60s while thermometers show its been steadily rising. This puts into question the validity of all data based on tree rings which is iirc the majority of what ICCP has.

Edited by Lare Kikkeli

It's a bit more sinister than this. All members of the ICCP use data that is based on the falsified data these core members made. Also the database where all data is stored and the code used to make the simulations is apparently so messed up that no one can make sense of it, not even the ICCP. So it could be that while the vast majority of the scientists working for the ICCP are honest and legit the core data which they compare they results to has been falsified or corrupted.

For example tree ring data, which has been used to measure earths temperature differs from thermometer data. Tree rings show a decline in temperature since the 60s while thermometers show its been steadily rising. This puts into question the validity of all data based on tree rings which is iirc the majority of what ICCP has.

That was startlingly coherent.

-Elwood Blues

Nevermind the other tens of thousands of scientists who do not need to falsify anything.
Yes, nevermind them. Because, as far as science is concerned, consensus is irrelevant. Much like "belief".

But apparently, many people can't seem to distinguish between science, politics and faith either. So preach on, brother.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.