First Fallout Online screens

vault_overseer

MMOs, by their very nature, are crap in my opinion and limited view point.

Corrected.

World of Darkness News

http://www.wodnews.net

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

Will we ever have an MMO thread without everyone coming in here to say how much MMOs suck and how they would never buy one.

You seem to care awfully much about something that you supposedly don't care about at all.

It should be blindingly obvious that it's because "Fallout" is in the title, a game that many people who hate MMOs care about. How obtuse.

Oh Jimmy, you were so funny.

Don't let me down.

From habit he lifts his watch; it shows him its blank face.

Zero hour, Snowman thinks. Time to go.

All your posts are done been posted before, yarrr.

screens look pretty 'generic', but they're prealpha and not meant to be released, so i wont judge for now.

Though I question how anything serviceable can come out of Interplay anymore.

I'm a bit confused by the screens, now that I think about it. This is being developed by Interplay, is it using the same engine Fallout 3 used? Because it looks pretty similar, although not polished.

They're using Masthead's internal engine first developed for another post apocalyptic MMO called Earthrise. As for looking similar to Fallout 3, Interplay is probably following Fallout 3's art design so to attract newer Fallout fans.

Will we ever have an MMO thread without everyone coming in here to say how much MMOs suck and how they would never buy one.

You seem to care awfully much about something that you supposedly don't care about at all.

It should be blindingly obvious that it's because "Fallout" is in the title, a game that many people who hate MMOs care about. How obtuse.

Oh give me a break. There hasn't been a single MMO thread without someone jumping in just to say how much they hate MMOs or something along those lines.

You can go hate MMOs all you want, but do you really need to jump at every chance to proclaim your undying hate?(not directed at you, but all the "MMOs suck" people in general)

It's a bit predictable and annoying at this point.

Okay, name one "good" MMO.

EVE Online

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

MMOs, by their very nature, are crap in my opinion and limited view point.

Corrected.

Okay, name one "good" MMO.

Ooooh oooh, I know this one!

Asheron's Call.

Wait, no, Lord of the Rings Online.

Is it World of Warcraft? I hate when someone gives a quiz and the answer seems obvious, but it's really a trick question.

Dang, it's probably going to be Meridian 51 or The Realm or Shadows of Yserbius.

I never got the fuss about EVE's learning curve :p And you can just leave the tutorial, I guess it's long because there's a good bit you can do in the game. The last time I ran through it they had me hacking, manufacturing, as well as shooting. However, it is kind of fun for me to apply really basic first year dynamics stuff when I'm using rails (keep the transversal velocity low etc).

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

My problem with EVE Online is that it's not about awesome space battles. Now that would be epic.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"