Dragon Age Discussion

CoM_Solaufein

The only bug I've discovered is minor but supremely annoying. Alistair says something along the lines of "Can you get a ladder? So you can get off my back." It's one of the most annoying NPC lines since Ira in JA2 ("You got my ear!"), difference being I could switch it off.

Am currently in Soldier's Peak and he's not even in my party but I'm still getting it, as if the ghost of Alistair is always with me. It's bloody annoying, probably a minor bug that will be squished in a patch.

I think that's your PC. Did you, by chance, select the "Violent" PC voice option? I agree that it's jarring-- that tone of voice sounds so different from (and louder than) the other acknowledgment replies (and, yes, it does kind of sound like Alistair).

You know what, I've thus far failed to mention how stable and un-buggy this game is, and for that alone Bioware deserve a little bit more credit (damn it, three Bio plaudits in a day, I must return to the lab and put this right!).

The only bug I've discovered is minor but supremely annoying. Alistair says something along the lines of "Can you get a ladder? So you can get off my back." It's one of the most annoying NPC lines since Ira in JA2 ("You got my ear!"), difference being I could switch it off.

Am currently in Soldier's Peak and he's not even in my party but I'm still getting it, as if the ghost of Alistair is always with me. It's bloody annoying, probably a minor bug that will be squished in a patch.

Cheers

MC

having played many hours, we has run into 4 noticeable glitches. we had a couple o' crashes... one was ctd and the other resulted in computer restart. am running windows 7 professional (64). we has also had 2 occurrences o' a strange game stopping bug. we seeming kill an enemy, but he stays standing and is effective immortal, immune to damage. this results in an inability to end combat mode... so our dead/downed party members stays dead. most annoying, but seems very rare.

we got a phenom and am not noticing the memory leak. we did notice that the game insists that we is single-core cpu, but as we is running smooth, we not care.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

You know what, I've thus far failed to mention how stable and un-buggy this game is, and for that alone Bioware deserve a little bit more credit (damn it, three Bio plaudits in a day, I must return to the lab and put this right!).

Thanks!

I'll admit it is hard to not get defensive on the BioBoards (where I have a fancy BioWare tag and am therefore a target) and it takes self-restraint up the wazoo when people start alleging that "clearly the game wasn't tested at all."

There are issues and in hindsight things I think we could have done better during QA, but a bit of me would like to show people what a completely untested build would look like hehe.

You couldn't even beat the ogre without the golem morph, so it's not like you have a choice.

Huh? I took him down on Hard with my warrior in no form and still had half my HP left when I got done. He was a piece of cake compared to the one in the Tower of Ishakal. My warrior wasn't even particularly optimized, as I had made some poor decisions in talent choices (one of the reasons I'm restarting yet again), and was only level 10 or 11. In fact, the only form I used when fighting any of those bosses was the Burning Man form, and that was for the rage demon.

Thanks!

I'll admit it is hard to not get defensive on the BioBoards (where I have a fancy BioWare tag and am therefore a target) and it takes self-restraint up the wazoo when people start alleging that "clearly the game wasn't tested at all."

There are issues and in hindsight things I think we could have done better during QA, but a bit of me would like to show people what a completely untested build would look like hehe.

Other than DLC I haven

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

She did? Haha. Whenever I'm down to one person against a dragon it was always game over.

Did you game the system somehow?

I just used my PC tank to taunt her continuously, let Morrigan cast Force Field on PC tank, then simply cast Blizzard+Tempest on the Dragon. Rinse & repeat. Meanwhilst, Leliana was using the Dragon as a pin cushion and Alistair... was collecting flowers for my PC somewhere.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

I remembered one other bug, the "skateboarding warrior" in Redcliffe Castle, but it was so minor and fleeting I didn't even consider it a bug. I've not had one crash or any other bug-like issue, although I am running on the first patch so, again, well done. And I am on Vista, which has... issues.

Shame you missed how broken the rogue was, though :thumbsup:

sonsofgygax.JPG

I've only played through two origins - first as an elf magi, then as an elf rogue, but I'm wondering: where is this dark fantasy I was promised? Is it coming later? Because so far it feels pretty high fantasy to me.

As I said in another post, it's about as dark as the ending of White Christmas.

I can't believe that you'd compare the ending of the Orzammar quest line to White Christmas.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

I thought the Dwarf city did a good job of capturing a more mature element. The whole caste system is pretty jacked up. Maybe you should stop choosing to play a pansy elf?

You mean play as a klingon then? :thumbsup:

World of Darkness News

http://www.wodnews.net

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

I thought the Dwarf city did a good job of capturing a more mature element. The whole caste system is pretty jacked up. Maybe you should stop choosing to play a pansy elf?

Well, I thought it would be all "dark, gritty and mature" because of the whole zomg elf slavery /zomg thing, but so far it's been kinda lame and predictable. I guess I'll play a dwarf next.

As for overly foreshadowing and being predictable nothing, writing wise, is diferent at Bioware on that level since NWN1.

World of Darkness News

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

What if you turn the brightness down?
:thumbsup:

In other news, I spared Zevran because he knows six different card games, twelve massages and is good at parties. And he sounds like Zorro. You see, I don't care if he's about as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike in combat, he makes me laugh so he's in.

What gifts does he like?

Furs from what I gather.

it doesn't seem to be doing this in the NWN (1 or 2) fashion in which you get pulled into the middle of the room and then surrounded. the forced cut-scene configurations always piss me off.

taks

DA does this too.

Huh? I took him down on Hard with my warrior in no form and still had half my HP left when I got done. He was a piece of cake compared to the one in the Tower of Ishakal.
Truth be told, I applied common-sensium and didn't try to tackle them without golem form.

Well, I thought it would be all "dark, gritty and mature" because of the whole zomg elf slavery /zomg thing, but so far it's been kinda lame and predictable. I guess I'll play a dwarf next.

As for overly foreshadowing and being predictable nothing, writing wise, is diferent at Bioware on that level since NWN1.

So you're saying that NWN1 was good?

Paging Volo...

Question time: I gave Leliana her flower, was it a good or a bad thing I didn't ask for a kiss? :thumbsup:

Bad thing if you're trying to screw over Morrigan as much as possible.

I think I botched the love-triangle-shtick yesterday. Leliana asked my PC whether there was something more between Alistair and PC (pretty weird thing to ask after kissing in front of her several times, but anyway) and I chose the straight-up honest answer. -_-

Yeah. I flirted with Alistair a bit and romanced Leliana. Then I slept with Zevran and Leliana accused me of loving Alistair. Alistair apparently agreed, and I had to pick between them. I decided on Alistair first, told Leliana and she wanted some time to herself. Then next time I talk to her, she cheerfully asks me how Alistair is in bed and gives me a few tips on how to get him well trained. This is disturbing, so I reload and dump Alistair. 17 hours later, I give Zevran a pair of gloves and suddenly Leliana accuses me of loving Zevran. What? I slept with the dude once and we agreed there was nothing between us. So I dump Zevran, but at the end of the game, he agrees to come with me on my travels as my cabin boy.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Confused about Leliana. I bedded morg and when she started getting all psycho on me dumped her for Leliana. I got lil to 100 rated labeled as 'love'. She has not made a move on my pc and won't let me make a move on her. soooo... is morg the easy girl and Leliana the overly hard to get girl? I am just confused as to the point so far of a 'romance' with Leliana. At least with morg if I wanted to get involved with her drama the relationship was clearly going somewhere at least. Seems im 'dating' a nun with Leliana. Does anything happen down the road?

World of Darkness News

---

- Doreen Valiente

Yeah. I flirted with Alistair a bit and romanced Leliana. Then I slept with Zevran and Leliana accused me of loving Alistair. Alistair apparently agreed, and I had to pick between them. I decided on Alistair first, told Leliana and she wanted some time to herself. Then next time I talk to her, she cheerfully asks me how Alistair is in bed and gives me a few tips on how to get him well trained. This is disturbing, so I reload and dump Alistair. 17 hours later, I give Zevran a pair of gloves and suddenly Leliana accuses me of loving Zevran. What? I slept with the dude once and we agreed there was nothing between us. So I dump Zevran, but at the end of the game, he agrees to come with me on my travels as my cabin boy.

Egad. Well that pretty much drives home my decision to tell all of the NPCs who express an interest to go take a cold shower. I don't want to risk losing the smug sense of superiority I get when mocking the primetime network dramas my wife enjoys so much.

Confused about Leliana. I bedded morg and when she started getting all psycho on me dumped her for Leliana. I got lil to 100 rated labeled as 'love'. She has not made a move on my pc and won't let me make a move on her. soooo... is morg the easy girl and Leliana the overly hard to get girl? I am just confused as to the point so far of a 'romance' with Leliana. At least with morg if I wanted to get involved with her drama the relationship was clearly going somewhere at least. Seems im 'dating' a nun with Leliana. Does anything happen down the road?

I think doing her companion quest is mandatory for something to happen.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.