Torchlight

WDeranged

BTW, it has a Netbook mode. Just how low system specs can you run this on?

Low. Steam says:

Processor: x86-compatible 800MHz processor

Memory: 512MB

Graphics: DirectX-compatible 3D graphics with at least 64MB of addressable memory (such as an ATI Radeon 7200, NVIDIA GeForce 2, or Intel GMA 950)

DirectX

I've been following this game for a couple of months and I have to admit that it's even more fun than I hoped for. It's by far the best ARPG I've played since Diablo II. It's really fun, the atmosphere is nice, music is very good.

Overall, I like it. Now excuse me, I have an appointment with my destroyer...

I just watched a gameplay video at youtube and it sounds like Matt Uelmen hasn't lost his touch, the music is very diabloish. I always liked the music in Diablos. But goddamn I hate the Warcraft 3/WoW style graphics! Going to have to skip this one.

This definitely is the first game to clone Diablo to Diablo standards. I don't like how it's hard to see what's going on when theres a lot of enemies, but the pacing, balance, etc, is all great. The art style is terrible, but I can understand the decision as they're pretty low-budget, and the music/sound makes up for it. Level 11 Alchemist now, great stuff.

The webpage crashes all the time for me, meh. Maybe later when the traffic has gone down.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I like how companies have been trying to emulate Diablo for over a decade now and the first one to actually do it properly is an indie developer that slapped a game together from scraps in under a year.

It

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Playing it too, started a pistol dual wielding vanguard.

Cool hack 'n' slash is cool, though my laptop barely manages to run it, have to install it on the desktop PC later.

Leather tunic = cool piratess clothes.

Also, Brink can keel over and die.

I just watched a gameplay video at youtube and it sounds like Matt Uelmen hasn't lost his touch, the music is very diabloish. I always liked the music in Diablos. But goddamn I hate the Warcraft 3/WoW style graphics! Going to have to skip this one.

The stylised WOW type visuals don't appeal to everyone and I can sympathise, the game is quite satirical though, having missed out on the Diablo games in my teens I probably can't appreciate the change but so far it's not exactly a dark fantasy :brows:

The stylised WOW type visuals don't appeal to everyone and I can sympathise, the game is quite satirical though, having missed out on the Diablo games in my teens I probably can't appreciate the change but so far it's not exactly a dark fantasy :grin:

Graphics are the last thing I consider important in games, but the WoW style always makes me go

Dwarf_rages.gif

I like how companies have been trying to emulate Diablo for over a decade now and the first one to actually do it properly is an indie developer that slapped a game together from scraps in under a year.

Runic Games already had a lot of experience in developing a Diablo styled game considering they are essentially comprised of the team that was working on Mythos before Flagship Studios went under, including some Diablo veterans.

thats good because after ten hours of titan quest i put it down and wondered how i could get those ten hours back. the game was utterly unsatisfying.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

It's better than Titan Quest, but I don't think it 'owns.' It's a solid game and a lot of fun, but I imagine I'll toss it aside the second one of the big titles hit. Still, it's a lot of fun. Great job with not a lot of cash behind it, at least according to ol' bucket head.

It's better than Titan Quest, but I don't think it 'owns.' It's a solid game and a lot of fun, but I imagine I'll toss it aside the second one of the big titles hit. Still, it's a lot of fun. Great job with not a lot of cash behind it, at least according to ol' bucket head.

I imagine I'll play it once or twice then toss it aside until the free to play MMO version comes out. This game would rock multiplayer. :*

OMG you can wield a pistol and melee weapon at the same time. So if anything survives your ranged attacks, you beat them to a pulp if they get close. :lol:-_-:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

OMG yes.

I imagine I'll play it once or twice then toss it aside until the free to play MMO version comes out. This game would rock multiplayer. -_-

After spending a good few hours on it today that's how I feel, It's a blast but it probably won't last forever, random dungeons or not. Two or three playthroughs are a certainty though, and of course this MMO project has to be tried when it's available.

Still, it's really addictive, and I can't quite figure out why I *need* to keep grinding, feels good though :lol: