Torchlight

WDeranged

I got tired after getting to around level 10 on two character, so two hours. Uninstalled, waiting for Diablo 3.

You are lame.

I dunno, seems like fewer and fewer games grab me nowadays. Torchlight was ok, but it just seems like a waste of time. Like playing a flash game.

This is probably because Torchlight is what I'd call a casual game, and what I mean by that is, it's basically as casual as peggle, but an RPG. A Casual Hack and Slash RPG, I like this because it allows me to get some gaming in at lunch around all my other tasks, I can just pick it up, and play it.

It's not deep.

It's not demanding.

It's not an amazing technical feat.

I do find it to be alot of fun.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

I got tired after getting to around level 10 on two character, so two hours. Uninstalled, waiting for Diablo 3.

You are lame.

I dunno, seems like fewer and fewer games grab me nowadays. Torchlight was ok, but it just seems like a waste of time. Like playing a flash game.

This is probably because Torchlight is what I'd call a casual game, and what I mean by that is, it's basically as casual as peggle, but an RPG. A Casual Hack and Slash RPG, I like this because it allows me to get some gaming in at lunch around all my other tasks, I can just pick it up, and play it.

It's not deep.

It's not demanding.

Yeah. It's just that I don't game on my lunch hour, I eat. I only game for a few hours a week, and I'd like those hours to be somehow memorable. Torchlight isn't. It's the right genre for me but shallow as a puddle.

It's not a bad game, just not the right game for me. Borderlands looks more like my type of thing.

borderlands IS really fun, but its shallow too and suffers from the same excessive loot problem. SO much loot in that game and 99% of it is garbage

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

You are lame.

It's not deep.

It's not demanding.

Yeah. It's just that I don't game on my lunch hour, I eat. I only game for a few hours a week, and I'd like those hours to be somehow memorable. Torchlight isn't. It's the right genre for me but shallow as a puddle.

It's not a bad game, just not the right game for me. Borderlands looks more like my type of thing.

I wasn't aware I convincing you of anything. I also eat during my lunch hour... And game, curse of the Job.

I'm fairly certain that you'd feel the same way about Borderlands, unless you play co-op.

Why would anyone send their dog to sell things back at the camp? It's just not logical.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I've felt the same way for a long time now. I don't buy many games per year anymore. When I do, I try to give them at least several hours of my time to see if I'll get sucked in...but usually not so much. Lots of games on my shelf practically untouched. Torchlight is fun & simple, but I can see how it's not mentally obsessive, if that makes sense. I found Fate the same way. Enjoyable monster hacking fluff for a while, but not something to be replayed repeatedly. Too many years, too many of the same types of games. :lol:

The first few hours of Borderlands I was ho-hum up in the air about it...but it grabbed me at some point. It'll probably get dull before I get thru the entire game w/all 4 chrs...but good enough.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I've felt the same way for a long time now. I don't buy many games per year anymore. When I do, I try to give them at least several hours of my time to see if I'll get sucked in...but usually not so much. Lots of games on my shelf practically untouched. Torchlight is fun & simple, but I can see how it's not mentally obsessive, if that makes sense. I found Fate the same way. Enjoyable monster hacking fluff for a while, but not something to be replayed repeatedly. Too many years, too many of the same types of games. :)

The first few hours of Borderlands I was ho-hum up in the air about it...but it grabbed me at some point. It'll probably get dull before I get thru the entire game w/all 4 chrs...but good enough.

Same. It's a sad feeling.

And I'm only ****ing 21. What is this ****.

I wasn't aware I convincing you of anything. I also eat during my lunch hour... And game, curse of the Job.

I'm fairly certain that you'd feel the same way about Borderlands, unless you play co-op.

I didn't think you was. It's just that it's a game that suits your needs. A good timewaster to play 15-30 minutes every now and then. I, on the other hand, have so little time for games that I like my games to be a bit more, well, substantial. Didn't mean to come off as pissy.

It's actually pretty hard, making a game thats accessible yet substantial. I don't have the time or patience to learn DnD 3.5 Ed rules for example, which is why I haven't touched my NWN2 copy since I bought it, played maybe two hours at most.

Borderlands is pretty fun, but the singleplayer got old after a few hours. Co-op is where it shines. The only thing I dislike are the ridiculous player models and the controls for driving a vehicle. Why the hell did they make you steer with the mouse?

Edited by Lare Kikkeli

I didn't think you was. It's just that it's a game that suits your needs. A good timewaster to play 15-30 minutes every now and then. I, on the other hand, have so little time for games that I like my games to be a bit more, well, substantial. Didn't mean to come off as pissy.

It's actually pretty hard, making a game thats accessible yet substantial. I don't have the time or patience to learn DnD 3.5 Ed rules for example, which is why I haven't touched my NWN2 copy since I bought it, played maybe two hours at most.

It's cool, not alot of people dedicate as much time to gaming as I do, its not available so whatever time you have has to be top notch. I know the feeling because I was exactly that way at university.

Why the hell did they make you steer with the mouse?

Halo. :|

Why would anyone send their dog to sell things back at the camp? It's just not logical.
I assume the PC sticks a message in the pet's collar.

That, and the merchants don't dare double cross a lvl 20 monsterslayerbythedozens.

When you post seven thousand posts a day you would be too.

Anyway, I think Torchlight will be shelved in favour of Dragon Age now (which is in my bag but I'm at work) until at least a new patch to work out the loot stuff. I got some good fun out of it though, it was worth the cheap price.

Anyway, I think Torchlight will be shelved in favour of Dragon Age now (which is in my bag but I'm at work) until at least a new patch to work out the loot stuff.
I agree with Majek that enchanting your existing stuff is better. At worst you make a copy of your save before doing so.