XBox 360 Update Preview

Okay, I got the preview update for the XBox 360 and so far I love it. Not because of the Zune thing. Not because of the Facebook or Twitter thing. The primary reason I love it is for the Last.FM addition. Easy menus, large selection of music, all sorts of good stuff. If they ever put a web browser on the XBox 360 I would never even need to turn on my computer.

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

Why would I use a portable computer? I don't do anything that would require one.

The right analog stick can be used as a mouse, and use the chatpad accessory on the controller. The chatpad is a full QWERTY keyboard.

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

I'm looking forwards to the SKY functionality in the UK starting, well tomorrow.

AND I rarely use my computer outside of work now, well unless I am posting on here.

Edited by Nightshape

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

Too bad all this stuff is kind of unuseable to me. I have one of the latest rev. xboxes and that thing is insanely loud. I can only theorise that an extra-woosh fan has been added as an additional measure to combat over-heating. I actually have to crank up the volume quite a bit over what I'd normally use (and what I use with the PS3).

It's a pity, really, because barring the blu-ray support on the PS3 side, it would IMHO clearly be the superior console without these issues.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I didn't know you could see the future.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Me gots it too. Twitter isn't really usable as it only shows last 20 or so tweets, which isn't enough, facebook i don't care for, last.fm is great, zune marketplace kicks ass(watching the guild without having to download it is very win), animated comics are retarded, msnbc.com video is useless.

Digital delivery is the future.

Probably. But to some of us, and I mean those who live in relatively civilised countries but still have itunes only delivering music and the video options of x360/ps3 consisting of a handful of music videos, that future seems awfully distant when compared to those who've become used to hulu/bbc iplayer/hd movies via itunes/netflix.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Or 1TB big BluRay Discs, which works on current hardware, and can play 1080p video with uncompressed sound, without any delay or prebuffering :(

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

I think digital distribution is one possible future but there will be people, like myself, who still want physical products for their money. 0's and 1's free. Physical products we spend money on.

I think digital distribution is one possible future but there will be people, like myself, who still want physical products for their money. 0's and 1's free. Physical products we spend money on.

Would it be the same for you if you could buy something digital and burn it on the cd? Cause that's the only physical thing you're getting in that box.

I don't mind digital distribution mostly, the only thing that would bother me would be the collector/limited editions. I REALLY don't care for extra guns/armor/bullets/whatever else in game. I like my pip-boys and night vision goggles real and on my shelf, even if they're made of cheap plastic.

That's a very weird attitude. If you were only paying for the physical stuff then games would cost ~$5 at most(the price of the blank DVD, paper crap and case). You have always been paying for the content, the medium has always been physical out of necessity.

But you're welcome to go down with the ship :ermm:

Nope. >_<

I'm not asking you to like it, I'm telling you what's happening.

The industry is sick of the killing that retail is making HENCE, digital delivery avoids retailers, so its one less person taking a munch of the pie.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

Nope. :lol:

I'm not asking you to like it, I'm telling you what's happening.

The industry is sick of the killing that retail is making HENCE, digital delivery avoids retailers, so its one less person taking a munch of the pie.

and retail is sick of companies going digital... with no retail, no consoles, so suck it up, like all other industries which have to live with second hand sales, i dont see a reason why software or music should be the only exceptions allowed...

and besides one or two more DRM server shutdown and you can bet your ass, European Commission and their US counterpart will have big drama running about it, because of the first sale doctrine, which is in almost every civilised world law...

and on other half the future of internet in the eyes of every single ISP are download caps... good luck with digital distribution with harsh caps like most of EU and Australia/New Zealand have :lol:

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

digital IS the future, but how long until thats the ONLY avenue to buying new movies/games etc? my guess is about 20+ years, or never.

you can still buy new records, despite the invention of tapes, cd's, mp3's and itunes.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.