What you did today

Gorth

Discovered I can do magic/have psyker powers. Whenever I think I'm sleepy, our cat appears at my window and starts scratching it for an hour. Summoning powers indeed. Cat gonna get gutted someday indeed.

Working on making some fruitcakes this weekend. Did some shopping in the afternoon (dried blueberries can be difficult to find), and did some prep work tonight (soaking dried fruits in rum overnight). Since I'm making 3 of them, I'm tripling everything in the recipe, and I bought sufficient quantities of all the dried fruits to make 3 cakes. But silly me forgot to triple where the recipe says "zest of 1 lemon and 1 orange," so I'll be running out to the store again tomorrow morning.

As a side-note, my standard-to-metric conversions do need some work. I was surprised to discover how little was left in the 750mL bottle of rum after I'd poured out 3 cups.

(My nickname for this recipe is "Fruitcake that Doesn't Suck.")

Plenty of molasses sugar, I'll bet. Mmmmmmm...

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I'm sitting here trying to write an essay...

You and me both.

Make that three of us. :lol:

Four of us.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

(My nickname for this recipe is "Fruitcake that Doesn't Suck.")

Enoch that joke's in very poor....taste.

*rimshot*.....

Man I'm too good sometimes.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

I am eating porridge for breakfast and I have discovered that it is absolutely GORGEOUS if you add leftover whisky from the night before. No booze, obviously, just the oaky porty taste. Plus it means the whisky dregs don't go to waste.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Whenever the power goes out for a while and I'm reading a book by dim candlelight, I think, "So this is how the pioneers did things. Glad I wasn't a pioneer."

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Three again, I gave up.

It's down to two. I finished mine today.

Hey now, my mother is huge and don't you forget it. The drunk can't even get off the couch to make herself a vodka drenched sandwich. Octopus suck.

well, next week I'm gonna visit my preachers dean. But this week she said "lets talk about marriage!" and spent a total of 10 minutes on marriage as a whole, and the rest of the time on gay marriage and prop 8 and inequality...

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

well, next week I'm gonna visit my preachers dean. But this week she said "lets talk about marriage!"

Run Calax! Run... :lol:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

well, next week I'm gonna visit my preachers dean. But this week she said "lets talk about marriage!"

Run Calax! Run... :wacko:

Lady is so "progressive" that she doesn't refer to her husband as her husband, but rather her "partner".

...and spent a total of 10 minutes on marriage as a whole...

What sort of marriage? The legal definition, the religious definition, etc. There's so many. :wacko:

the basic idea of marriage as being the pact between partners legally... this allowed her to tangent into the whole gay marriage thing and leave the discussion about general definitions about marriage in the backround. She's quite the crusader for equality but the way she does it is so ham handed that it turns the entire class off.

...and spent a total of 10 minutes on marriage as a whole...

What sort of marriage? The legal definition, the religious definition, etc. There's so many. :wacko:

the basic idea of marriage as being the pact between partners legally... this allowed her to tangent into the whole gay marriage thing and leave the discussion about general definitions about marriage in the backround. She's quite the crusader for equality but the way she does it is so ham handed that it turns the entire class off.

Is she totally radical too? Edited by Oner

Played Dragon Age throughout the morning. Got my accounting exam grade back tonight and a 92% compared to last exams 64% makes me proud. I met up with tax girl and went over our project but it didn't really result in much work done since we both had no idea wtf we were doing. Then I worked out with friend and I found out that there is actually someone on the planet that is a worse story teller than myself. Sweet jesus crimety he was telling me about this movie called the fourth kind and well to be honest he's a pretty dumb kid and he thought it was real and I had to tell him it wasn't but he didn't want to believe me.

The entire notion of aliens is so retarded btw. It's like number 1, species so advanced they've mastered the space time continuum, out of the gazillion galaxies and solar systems they find our planet, although they probably have crazy mind capacity they'd be interested in a bunch of half primates, and instead of enslaving our entire race and stealing our women they feel it necessary to just pick up meth addicted truckers and sodomize them in a space ship and then beam them back down to earth. But still completely plausible.

Edited by theslug

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

well, next week I'm gonna visit my preachers dean. But this week she said "lets talk about marriage!" and spent a total of 10 minutes on marriage as a whole, and the rest of the time on gay marriage and prop 8 and inequality...

I do think that instead of complaining about her you should "play" her. People with that kind of railroad mindset are rather easy to please.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

I do think that instead of complaining about her you should "play" her. People with that kind of railroad mindset are rather easy to please.

I misunderstood the aim of this. :blink:

-Elwood Blues

True, but to me that'd be a betrayal of the entire education system to allow something so totally railroaded to go through in an institution designed around giving students the basics to explore a field of study. It'd be a kin to allowing Glenn Beck to teach and not have any regulating influence on him and thus you get an army of students who are either surly about the teacher or have a totally distorted world view, but very little real information was passed from the teacher onto the student.

Got invited to dinner. Had gnocchi then plaeyd Left 4 Dead 2. I still suck at it to an unreasonable extent and got very frustrated. I'm going off the idea of a director who punishes you for doing well.

Walked home through the first proper weather I can recall since leaving the North of England. Soaking rain, high winds. I went stumping off to find a good hill and rocked on my heels as stinging droplets battered my nose and eyes. Back home now in the warm with a whisky and you chaps.

Incidentally, a thought occurred to me this weekend. If one truly appreciates one's girlfriends, learns from them ,and enjoys their unique qualities, is it really wrong to look forward to the next one?

-Elwood Blues

It'd be a kin to allowing Glenn Beck to teach and not have any regulating influence on him and thus you get an army of students who are either surly about the teacher or have a totally distorted world view, but very little real information was passed from the teacher onto the student.

I'd love to have Glenn Beck as a professor, especially without restrictions. The man's brilliant.

Edit: or better yest, Rush. That would be fun.

Edited by I want teh kotor 3
In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

It'd be a kin to allowing Glenn Beck to teach and not have any regulating influence on him and thus you get an army of students who are either surly about the teacher or have a totally distorted world view, but very little real information was passed from the teacher onto the student.

I'd love to have Glenn Beck as a professor, especially without restrictions. The man's brilliant.

Edit: or better yest, Rush. That would be fun.

The guy is brilliant only at being an actor. But as a news man he's terrible and often will misquote or distort what those he determines as "liberal" to be doing. He also attributes things to other things that have NOTHING to do with one another.