What are you playing now?

Pidesco

Wicher is one of those zillion games I'd like to play, does anyone have a device that adds hours to days?
Uh, math?

I tried to add 10h to 24h with a calculator, but that didn't have the effect I hoped for. Suggestions?

Wicher is one of those zillion games I'd like to play, does anyone have a device that adds hours to days?
Uh, math?

I tried to add 10h to 24h with a calculator, but that didn't have the effect I hoped for. Suggestions?

Time machine (visit me if you get one).

the witcher is the only game I've ever played where I just HAD to drink red wine while i played. the game made me an alcoholic for the three weeks it took me to finish it.

Cool story, bro.

In other news: why?

This just in: the speaker of that quote has absolutely no idea why the witcher drives him to drink copious amounts of red wine from a chalice whilst playing. He has a suspicion it may have been subliminal messaging, of which he was the only victim.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Completed Batman: AA. Good game with well integrated action and stealth elements. Storywise however, it typically suffers from any games based on an existing franchise characters: No one in the game has any sort of character development at all.

Thus the plot pretty much is the cliche of Batman kicking Joker's arse and happy end.

Now I'm playing Resident Evil 5. Single player is down right awful due to horrendous AI. Its impossible to play at all. However its a blast to play it for the multiplayer, which unfortunately, good gaming partners are so rare to find online by chance.

Completed Batman: AA. Good game with well integrated action and stealth elements. Storywise however, it typically suffers from any games based on an existing franchise characters: No one in the game has any sort of character development at all.

Thus the plot pretty much is the cliche of Batman kicking Joker's arse and happy end.

Now I'm playing Resident Evil 5. Single player is down right awful due to horrendous AI. Its impossible to play at all. However its a blast to play it for the multiplayer, which unfortunately, good gaming partners are so rare to find online by chance.

Then maybe you'll find

funny.

Why don't we have a RE5 thread, anyway? I hate survival horror, but apparently everyone is playing RE5 now.

re 4 and 5 are not really survival horror. more like action horror.

the survival horror games were all the ones that came before 4.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Dead Space didn't have that problem. It also had a better story, monster design and more original gameplay. I'm just going to keep telling people DS is much better than RE5 every time they mention it.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Yeah, too bad it was about twice as long as it should have been and the plot was pretty predictable Event Horizon ripoff.

Still somewhat fun, though.

@Virumor: Another game that fell apart half way through. They had the right idea, though.

Edited by Purkake

re 5 was a tad better than dead space. re 4 blows both of them out of the water.

just my opinion!

i did like dead space, but i got bored with it after about 10 hours. i got twice that much out of re5, and i must have played re 4 for about 60 hours by the time i started getting bored with it, but i still look forward to replaying that one (unlike the other 2)

also the whole "i wont play a game where i cant run and shoot at the same time" is kinda stupid. you'd ignore a fantastic game because you're too lazy to learn a different control scheme? oh well, you're only hurting yourself. just like a person who won't watch the maltese falcon because its not in color...

Edited by entrerix

re 5 was a tad better than dead space. re 4 blows both of them out of the water.

just my opinion!

i did like dead space, but i got bored with it after about 10 hours. i got twice that much out of re5, and i must have played re 4 for about 60 hours by the time i started getting bored with it, but i still look forward to replaying that one (unlike the other 2)

also the whole "i wont play a game where i cant run and shoot at the same time" is kinda stupid. you'd ignore a fantastic game because you're too lazy to learn a different control scheme? oh well, you're only hurting yourself. just like a person who won't watch the maltese falcon because its not in color...

I ignore the whole genre because it doesn't interest me, the no run & shoot is just icing on the no-play cake.

Seriously, only a Japanese developer could get a free pass with a mechanic so clunky and outdated.

its not outdated.

most people cannot run and fire a pistol/rifle with any accuracy at all.

if you watch footage of marines and such engaging in a firefight they always, even when running, stop momentarily to raise their rifle, sight, and fire. they dont just run around shooting while moving, they wouldnt hit anything.

i'm sure there are some exceptions somewhere, but generally, people in the military always stop to fire.

So every other game is doing it wrong and RE5 is actually the sole bastion of realism in an otherwise empty wasteland of non-realistic games?

It's solely a stupid holdover from the time when you didn't have the Gears of War style shooting mechanics and had to enter a different "mode" to shoot.

You might like it, which is totally fine, but please don't try to defend it.

Edited by Purkake

seriously? its a holdover from when?

please explain how its a holdover from a time period? which time period? because im pretty sure that most of the action games i played when resident evil came out let you run and gun.

gears of war shooting mechanics? what the **** are you talking about? perfect dark let you run and shoot, why arent you saying that resident evil should have tried to imitate that game?

wrong? who the **** said it was wrong?

you agree that stopping to shoot is realistic, but then claim that every game that forces you to stop and shoot is not worth playing because its based on old mechanics?

seriously, stop.

think about what you're saying.

then come back and apologize.

you are so wrong it actually hurts my brain.

You seem a bit agitated, try not to take the internet too seriously ;)

I'm pretty sure I didn't say that it was realistic, I was mocking your previous post.

It's a holdover from earlier console action/adventure games where you had two different systems/control schemes for walking around and aiming the gun. Also it was used a "mechanic" to increase the "horror" factor. Nothing's as scary as zombies killing you because of bad controls.

Sorry to hurt your brain, but unfortunately it's in your head and thus out of my hands.

what early games? re was the first to do it that im aware of. the reason was to facilitate the camera angle switching. it just helps that its also realistic. i'm not sure how you are refuting reality on that point. people dont run and shoot. regardless of what they do in most videogames.

stupidity agitates me. especially when its from someone who only shows it rarely but with such flourish.

edit: ok that was mean. im having a rough day i guess

Edited by entrerix

Purkake inspires the best reaction in other.

I prefer Silent Hill to either of those games, and I like Dead Space more than RE. To me horror is good when it's as much about pacing and mood as monsters eating your face.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

It finally came to a military confrontation between the glorious Byzantine Empire and the filthy French imperialists.

Having amassed almost 190 regiments at the border and sailing a further 60 regiments in 3 navies around the Iberian peninsula, the offensive was precipiated by a flurry of espionage activity, completely destabilising the French before the long overdue declaration of war. The silly Bavarians decided to side with France and got devstated in the first month of the war. Relinguishing Transylvania to me and giving up the core provinces of some of my Austrian possessions was the price for them to remain independant.

My Byzantine marines landed in Normandy and threatened Paris from the north while the bulk of my army invaded southeastern France. After years of warfare and more major battles than can be counted on two hands, one third of France and its overseas colonies were occupied territories. I did get my butt kicked in Paris though, as the Armee Royale was much bigger than anticipated. More than 25 regiments of cavalry alone plus 20 regiments of infantry. Internal unrest threatening further war efforts, peace terms were dictated and Piedmont, Provence, Schwyz, Lombardia and a few overseas possessions changed hands to their rightful and just owners.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein